Profile for Dorothy Shuttleworth > Reviews

Content by Dorothy Shuttl...

Dorothy Shuttleworth

Page: 1 | 2
The Well
The Well
by Catherine Chanter

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed reading this novel but we are not told why ..., 5 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The Well (Paperback)
Enjoyed reading this novel but we are not told why the region of The Well got rain while the rest of the country suffered drought. It's a pity this was never explained.

A God in Ruins: Costa Shortlisted 2015
A God in Ruins: Costa Shortlisted 2015
by Kate Atkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, 23 Jun. 2015
An exceptional book. I loved it!

EZOPower Black Retractable Micro-USB Car Charger for Samsung Galaxy S6 active, S6, S6 Edge, Note 4, Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S5 mini, Galaxy S5 Active, Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 mini, Galaxy Grand, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S3 mini and Other Android Cell Phone, Tablet, MP3 Player, GPS
Offered by BlueMall_GB

No Safe House
No Safe House

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 3 Jun. 2015
This review is from: No Safe House (Kindle Edition)
As I had not read any books by this author I was unsure how the main characters had interacted in a previous novel. This was only hinted at and never fully explained. I would recommend not buying this novel without first reading the one before in this series.

Galaxy S6 Case , [Scratch Resistant] i-Blason **Clear** [Halo Series] Samsung Galaxy S6 Hybrid Bumper Case Cover (Clear)
Offered by I-Blason EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 25 May 2015
Just what I wanted for my Galaxy S6. Fits perfectly.

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
by Claire North

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it., 17 Nov. 2014
A novel full of twists and turns with an extraordinary plot and fascinating main character. An exciting, nail biting thriller based on time travel. I loved it.

Second Honeymoon
Second Honeymoon
by James Patterson

1.0 out of 5 stars I think James Patterson must have churned out this novel ..., 17 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Second Honeymoon (Paperback)
I think James Patterson must have churned out this novel over a weekend. Sloppy writing, weak plot and completely unbelievable...............very disappointing.

Sycamore Row
Sycamore Row
by John Grisham

2.0 out of 5 stars I think in a number of John Grisham novels the plot gets weighed down with unnecessary detail., 22 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Sycamore Row (Paperback)
Far too long with a predictable outcome. About two thirds of the way I started to skip through chapters to get to the end. I think in a number of John Grisham novels the plot gets weighed down with unnecessary detail.

Dust: Scarpetta 21
Dust: Scarpetta 21
by Patricia Cornwell

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Dust: Scarpetta 21 (Paperback)
I rarely give up on a book but I found this novel very boring indeed. The plot had very little substance and I couldn't connect with the characters. This was my first Scarpetta novel and definitely my last.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2015 4:13 PM GMT

Secrets of the Lighthouse
Secrets of the Lighthouse
by Santa Montefiore

2.0 out of 5 stars No Depth, 27 Jun. 2014
Very disappointed with this book. The descriptions of the wild beauty of Connemara are the only things holding the novel together. The plot is totally unbelievable and the 'rustic' Irish characters belong to another century.

Page: 1 | 2