Profile for Cindy Huang > Reviews

Content by Cindy Huang

Cindy Huang "Cindy" (Newcastle, UK)

The Magic
The Magic
by Rhonda Byrne

4.0 out of 5 stars Gratitude is the only way!!, 4 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Magic (Paperback)
I never had the heart to follow the book 100% but following a number of them changed my line of thinking. Unlike the Power, which was merely the reiteration of The Secret using different words, The Magic is very different from The Secret. I enjoyed the exercises but I still need discipline to follow everything through. But life has become positive for me so far using The Magic.

The Secret
The Secret
by Rhonda Byrne

4.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing book ever!, 4 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Secret (Hardcover)
I loved this book! Its principles changed my life. But I preferred the movie better. I would recommend this book to all who have watched the movie before. Movie first, book second. Only after you watch the movie can you understand what is written in this book. I never understood the book until I watched it!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Translation is extremely poor!, 14 Nov. 2012
The translation by Giles was extremely poor. There were sentences that did not even make any sense! I've compared the original text to Giles' English version, may sections did not reflect what Sun Tzu was trying to say at all. This was my first copy of the art of war, but I have found better ones out there!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2015 8:10 PM GMT

Water Crystal Healing: Music and Images to Restore Your Well-being (Book & CD)
Water Crystal Healing: Music and Images to Restore Your Well-being (Book & CD)
by Masaru Emoto

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful crystals and uplifting music, 13 Nov. 2012
I was actually expecting more from the accompanying CD for the price that I paid! But the beautiful photographs of all the water crystals were definitely worth it. That's all I can say. If you like to recharge your eyesight and mood with beautiful crystals, buy this. If you're looking to get healed with the music? Probably not. But it does recharge your batteries though.

The Journey Home: A Kryon Parable: The Story of Michael Thomas and the Seven Angels
by Kryon

5.0 out of 5 stars Spirituality as a fairy tale, 13 Nov. 2012
There were many hidden meanings behind the book. It talks about how we, as spiritual beings, go through these stages to Self-realization. Very good read indeed.

Quantum Healing Exploring the Frontiers of Mind /Body Spirit
Quantum Healing Exploring the Frontiers of Mind /Body Spirit
by Dr Deepak Chopra

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing healing wisdom!, 13 Nov. 2012
This book really opened up my eyes to the practice of Ayurveda. It taught me the things that I have always wanted to know like identifying the three body types and all. I loved it so much that my friend also got a copy for herself.

Sun Tzu's Art of War Unveiled: A Fourth-Dimensional Interpretation to Master Your Mind
by Genevieve Tan Shu Thung

5.0 out of 5 stars The best translation yet on the Art of War. Excellent book!, 11 Nov. 2012
I'm really happy that my friend introduced this book to me on facebook when it was first released few weeks ago. She knew my love for Chinese literature and I'm a huge fan of the art of war. I own and have read many versions of the art of war such as Lionel Giles', Minford's, Samuel Griffith's and Thomas Huynh's, but their translation just wasn't up to par. Since I am bilingual, I could compare the original text in Chinese with their translation and oh my, the translation that other books provided was absolutely atrocious! Some sentences that Giles translated didn't even make any sense.

The translation in this version of the art of war book is perhaps the best yet. Since the book included the original text in Chinese alongside with the English translation beneath it, I could easily compare to judge its accuracy. There was a good flow in the way the author translated Sun Tzu's work and I was amazed by how she interpreted the text in light of spirituality. By the way it was written, I was almost convinced that Sun Tzu actually meant for it to be studied that way.

As with all the other versions of the art of war book, this book really makes you contemplate on your purpose of existence and how you can move forward in life to live the best life you can. This book was definitely a page-turner. and I am sure that everyone will benefit from reading it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2012 9:24 PM GMT