Profile for Tania > Reviews

Signs on the Horizons: Meetings with Men of Knowledge and Illumination
Signs on the Horizons: Meetings with Men of Knowledge and Illumination
by Michael Sugich

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing.., 21 Feb. 2015
In all honesty I did not know what to expect when I purchased this book. But as it was so highly recommended I thought I'd give it a read - and what a wise decision that was. The book features meetings that the author Michael Sugich has had with many Awliya - friends of God - their life, and many miracles that have been connected to them. Each chapter or section is dedicated to a Wali and so it is very easy to follow. I can't recommend it enough. It really made me think deeply and in a different light about all the meetings and exchanges I have had with people of knowledge. If you want to read about contemporary Awliya and are considering travelling with a particular interest in Sufism then this book is the one.

ENDLESS NOBILITY OF THE AHL AL BAYT
ENDLESS NOBILITY OF THE AHL AL BAYT
by Shaykh Yusuf Al Nabhani

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ!, 17 Jun. 2014
A thorough read on the position of the blessed Ahl al Bayt in mainstream Sunni thought. I love Shaykh Yusuf al Nabhani and this book of his is really a gem. I can't recommend it enough.

Asides from addressing individual family members of Rasoolullah sallal-lahu 'alayhi wa sallam, other points include: Love of Arabs, Attachment and Loving the Family, The Salaf with the Family of the House, Companions' Love Towards the Family of the House, and discussions of Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman (RA).

In terms of aesthetics, it's a hardcover with a ribbon bookmarker (which I love) and the hadiths (some are very lenghty) are cited in arabic with of course english translation.

Overall, the book is both pleasing to the eye and the heart Alhamdullilah.

And Muhammad is His Messenger: Veneration of the Prophet in Islamic Piety (Studies in Religion)
by Annemarie Schimmel

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 19 Jan. 2014
I cannot reccomend this book enough. It really does help one to nurture their love for the beloved Rasoolullah sallal l-lahu 'alayhi wa sallam!

The Qur'an (Oxford World's Classics)
The Qur'an (Oxford World's Classics)
by M. A. S. Abdel Haleem

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing!, 19 Jan. 2014
I read this translation under the recommendation of Shaykh Yahya Rhodus and Suhaib Webb. It is certainy my favourite because of how accessible the language and layout is. If you're someone who is looking into Islam, or wants to understand the Qur'an better, the this is the most appropriate translation I believe. However even as a born muslim who cannot understand arabic, this translation has really helped me to understand the verses better.

The Attributes of God: Daf' Shubah Al-Tashbih Bi-Akaff Al-Tanzih
The Attributes of God: Daf' Shubah Al-Tashbih Bi-Akaff Al-Tanzih
by Abd Al-Rahman Ibn Al-Jawzi

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 14 Dec. 2013
A knowledgeable friend encouraged me to purchase this book but never really got around to reading it. However when I attended a seminar organised by 'sunnicourses.com', this book was highly recommended and even quoted by the Shaykh. So I decided to return to my bookshelf and unearth this treasure and WOW, it has been an absolutely incredible read. The introduction and preface provide a strong historical context of when the book was written - a context that today could certainly be related to with the rise of the Salafis! The translation itself is very fulfilling, providing ample and excellent discussion of various hadiths. I cannot praise this book enough. For those interested in Aqeedah, or those confused by the disturbing anthropomorphism that the Salafi cult preaches, then this book is certainly a must read.

Dala'il Al-Khayrat (Original Arabic, Transliteration and Translation to English)
by Imam Muhammad Ibn Sulayman Al-Jazuli

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 14 Dec. 2013
An amazing text that not only fills the life of the reader with blessings and reward, but also encourages more and more immense love for our beloved master Rasoolullah sallal-lahu 'alayhi wa sallam. Reading the translation is so heart touching, and the transliteration is excellent. The book is well structured with additional sections asides from the the du'as and Monday to Monday readings, that informs the reader of the virtues of invoking blessings upon our Master sallal-lahu 'alayhi wa sallam and method of how to read Dala'ilu'l-Khayrati. I cannot express how much I love this book.

Al-Muhaddithat: The Women Scholars in Islam
Al-Muhaddithat: The Women Scholars in Islam
by Mohammad Akram Nadwi

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 18 Nov. 2012
What a wonderful book! I am currently using it to aid my research in female scholarship during the period of medieval Islamic societies. It has so much content, and the primary sources are profound. Good book for any researcher specialising in this area. AND JUST AS GENERAL INSPIRATION FOR MUSLIM WOMEN TODAY!

Al-Kitaab Fii Ta Allum Al- Arabiyya: Pt. 1: A Textbook for Beginning Arabic
Al-Kitaab Fii Ta Allum Al- Arabiyya: Pt. 1: A Textbook for Beginning Arabic
by Kristen Brustad

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it.., 18 Nov. 2012
I'm actually using this textbook in class, and I think the way it's structured is excellent. The book gradually adds vocabulary and grammer rules which makes learning so much easier! There are all sorts of exercises from listening, reading, writing, speaking and Egyptian colloquial. The DVD is also helpful. Overall, I think that with the aid of a teacher (mine is particulary good) then anyone can learn the foundations of the language very easily..

MYWIPE Screen Wipes - Suitable for all Screens including PC, Laptop, iPad & Keyboard Cleaner - Wet & Dry Wipes x 10 (Screen Cleaning care suitable for Tablets, Laptops, Apple iPod, iPhone, Blackberry & e-Readers etc)
Offered by Mywipe

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 18 Nov. 2012
It does it's job fine and money well spent in my opinion. Make sure the laptop is cold for best results.

Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources
Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources
by Martin Lings

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 3 Oct. 2012
I love this book! I purchased it as an aid for Shaykh Hamza Yusuf's audio series on the Seerah and Ya Allah, the book and the lectures work so well together! The book itself is extensive and well written, allowing room for you to read further on particular topics. Martin Lings is very consistent in his writing, and the language adds to the eleqouncy of the topic. Very pleased with this book, certainly in my personal top 5 books.

Page: 1 | 2