Profile for Jean-Charles > Reviews

Jean-Charles

Violin Ukulele Mandolin Instrument Stand Very High Quality
Violin Ukulele Mandolin Instrument Stand Very High Quality
Offered by Ebony&Ivory

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good. It is stable and supports my concert uke ..., 19 Aug 2014
So far so good. It is stable and supports my concert uke very well. One complaint, the retaining band on the top support comes off in my carry bag, othe than that, no problems.

Learning And Memorizing The Notes On The Guitar Fretboard Fast (Focus On How To Play The Guitar)

2.0 out of 5 stars A paperback would be better, 13 Dec 2013
The illustrations in the first half of the book are too small to be readable. A paperback would have been better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2014 12:27 AM BST

The White Book (Ukulele Playlist) (The Ukulele Playlist)
The White Book (Ukulele Playlist) (The Ukulele Playlist)
by Various

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the beginner, 22 Sep 2013
In spite of what is stated on the back of these books FULL strumming patterns are not included and those that are a not that easy to de-cypher. I have had a very unsatisfactroy discussion with Faber. The outcome was an e-mail from Faber stating: (1) the strumming patterns are included in the book only where it is deemed useful to see the rhythm involved and (2) regarding the reading of these strumming patterns, these are based on standard rhythm notation which we don't explain in songbooks as that would really be the job of a tutor book (or teacher). If anyone can enlighten me on "standard rythm notation" I would be delighted as I can't find anything on the internet which reflects the strumming patterns in these books.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2014 12:55 PM GMT

Guitar Chord Dictionary: Handy Guide (Alfred Handy Guides)
Guitar Chord Dictionary: Handy Guide (Alfred Handy Guides)
by Morton Manus

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 22 Sep 2013
I have the Ukulele Chord Dictionary so I knew what I was getting. Lots of useful info in a pocket size booklet.

French Key Words and Expressions, The Combined Book
French Key Words and Expressions, The Combined Book

4.0 out of 5 stars French Key Words and Expressions, The Combined Book [Kindle Edition, 8 Dec 2012
Four stars is because I haven't finished this book yet but it is good. It is possibly the best book of its type that I have found. Recommended.

La Truité de rivière - Pêche à la mouche artificielle (French Edition)
La Truité de rivière - Pêche à la mouche artificielle (French Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars La Truité de rivière - PÍche à la mouche artificielle (French Edition) [Kindle Edition, 8 Dec 2012
Charming book of a bygone age. I bought it to practice reading French and while the French is old fashioned so am I.

Tanglewood TU1 Mahogany Soprano Ukulele with Aquila Strings
Tanglewood TU1 Mahogany Soprano Ukulele with Aquila Strings
Offered by Normans Musical Instruments

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds good to me, 18 Nov 2012
This was actually second choice but I'm very pleased with it. I'm an absolute beginer and it suits me, easy to strum and fret. Lessons start this week!