Profile for Road-movie Lover > Reviews

Content by Road-movie Lover

Road-movie Lover "Vera" (Netherlands)

The Shield - Season 1 [DVD] [2003]
The Shield - Season 1 [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Michael Chiklis
Price: 8.91

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 16 Sep 2009
Because one of my friends told me that this was a series to watch, I bought this first complete season on Amazon. But... after watching the first chapters I stopped. To my taste there's just too much violence in 'The Shield'. Nevertheless, it's acted very well and the script is good, so in that sence 'The Shield' is surely worth watching. But not for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2011 8:34 PM BST

Long Way Down - Special Edition (3 Discs, 10 Episodes) [DVD] [2008]
Long Way Down - Special Edition (3 Discs, 10 Episodes) [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Various Artists
Price: 15.43

3.0 out of 5 stars Just like a follow-up movie, 3 Feb 2009
Long Way Down - Special Edition (3 Discs, 10 Episodes)

The trouble is to have expectations. After seeing the first trip of McGregor/Boorman (Long Way Round) I expected the same enthousiasmm, the same excitement of doing something unique. But, and perhaps inevitably so, I sensed somewhat of routine in this trip through Africa. Perhaps it was because of Boorman having crossed Africa before that I had this sense of 'been there done that' from time to time. Second thing I didn't like was the fact that McGregor's wife joined the two friends for a while. Even in the beginning I thought: 'oh no, why does she have to interfere?'
I mean, this was, just like the first time, a friends-thing, a men-between-each-other event, and so, to my taste, it should have stayed. Nevertheless, the trip was interesting enough to see and I didn't regret buying this 3 disc edition. So, motorfans and roadmovie-lovers like me, shouldn't hesitate to watch this Africa-trip: it's worthwile enough!