Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Never Have Your Dog Stuffed
Never Have Your Dog Stuffed

5.0 out of 5 stars M*A*S*H, 22 Oct 2014
I am a huge fan of M*A*S*H and found Alan Alda's autobiography charming and fascinating.

An Event in Autumn (Kurt Wallander 11)
An Event in Autumn (Kurt Wallander 11)

5.0 out of 5 stars an early Wallander story, 22 Oct 2014
All Wallander novels are well written and well translated. If you follow the series on TV you will find this slots in quite near the beginning.

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

3.0 out of 5 stars Polish up your Spanish!, 5 Oct 2014
Polish up your Spanish if you want to get the most out of this. I found it interesting but rather hard work. Not really for me.

Call the Doctor: A Country GP Between the Wars, Tales of Courage, Hardship and Hope

3.0 out of 5 stars Life of a real doctor, 5 Oct 2014
Reminiscences of a village doctor. Well written and believable. For me there are too vivid descriptions of ailments and other gruesome things. I found myself developing symptoms with each new case!

The Handsome Man's De Luxe Café (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Book 15)
The Handsome Man's De Luxe Café (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Book 15)

5.0 out of 5 stars Alexander McCall Smith's latest masterpiece, 5 Oct 2014
I just love the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency books! There is an air of calm and simplicity about Mme Ramotswe her friends and her life. The whole series can be read and re-read.

Emma: free sampler
Emma: free sampler

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try, 27 Sep 2014
Not taken with the idea of rewriting and updating the great works of Jane Austen, but as a huge fan of McCall Smith, I decided to give this sample a try. I like it and now have the full version on my wish-list.

The Colour
The Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars New Zealand's history brought to life, 27 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Colour (Kindle Edition)
This is the second time I have read The Colour, after touring New Zealand's south island. Christchurch to Greymouth, now a straightforward, though still at times hair-raising drive across Arthur's Pass. Down the west coast as far as Franz Josef glacier and Mount Cook. North to Picton and Nelson. On my second reading the experiences of Joseph and Harriet, the gold mining, the pioneering life style, came alive. A great read!

Carve Her Name With Pride
Carve Her Name With Pride

5.0 out of 5 stars Real life drama, 19 Sep 2014
I saw the film years ago, and was pleased to find that it stuck pretty close to the book. A fascinating read!

ELEPHANT MOON
ELEPHANT MOON

5.0 out of 5 stars based only loosely on real life, 19 Sep 2014
This review is from: ELEPHANT MOON (Kindle Edition)
While loosely based on fact, this was a gripping tale of children being led to freedom from the Japanese army. I never quite reached the end because my kindle version froze. Must go back and try to finish, it was well worth it !

The Nearly Complete Works of Donald Harington Volume 1
The Nearly Complete Works of Donald Harington Volume 1

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Sep 2014
Not for me. I persevered through one and a half books, but it didn't live up to its promise.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9