Profile for K. Kelly > Reviews

Pilates Directory
by Alan Herdman
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PILATES BOOK, 20 April 2011
This review is from: Pilates Directory (Spiral-bound)
This book is what it says - The pilates directory. I have been doing pilates for 10 weeks now.

I do have a different body than before (without plastic surgery), much more toned. You have to do the exercises CORRECT though, ESPECIALLY the breathing and you will get the results.

Alan Herdman has produced a book, which is very easy to work through, it remains open at the page you want and its a tough made little book.

I now no longer worry about exercising, THIS IS IT, its all you need, along with a heart pumping exercise such as running, biking whatever you want.

Why more people are not prescribed pilates by their doctors instead of pills I will never know. Pilates is the most wonderful exercise that exists for body and the mind. We should be teaching this exercise to children at school as Joseph Pilates wanted to do many moons ago. HE WAS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

Strictly Personal
Strictly Personal
Price: 8.27

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say apart from WOWWWWWW, 19 April 2011
This review is from: Strictly Personal (Audio CD)
This mans music is absolutely mind blowingly wonderful. There is no-one like him and his wonderful band members (even although there have been many members, especially John French (what a drummer).

His music is the most beautiful music I have heard and will ever hear. This album is one of if not the best example of his music and scrumptious voice.

If you believe your a lover of music (real music) this mans music has to be added to your collection or your collection will never be complete.

So so sad to hear he passed away in 2010 without hardly a mention from our biased Television. Quick enough to tell you about Michael Jackson's death but not the one and only Captain Beefheart - what a disgrace.

You are gone Don Van Vliet but will never be forgotten, not by this female anyway. My kids will be brought up on your music and NEVER Biebers or Robbie williams and the likes who produce absolute trash.

BUY THIS PLEASE AND SPREAD GREAT GREAT MUSIC.

Directory: Pilates
Directory: Pilates
by Alan Herdman

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Pilates book you can buy, 19 April 2011
This review is from: Directory: Pilates (Hardcover)
This book is just wonderful. I have been doing pilates for 10 weeks now and everything the book says is true.

I do have a completely different body than before. SO MUCH MORE TONED. You have to do the exercises CORRECT though, ESPECIALLY the breathing and you will get the results.

Alan Herdman has produced a great book, very easy to work through, it remains open at the page you want and its a tough made little book. Thanks Mr. Herdman. Joseph Pilates would approve of your work.

Hey Ho Let's Go - Anthology
Hey Ho Let's Go - Anthology
Price: 14.02

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS DO NOT HESITATE FOR A MOMENT, 24 Feb 2011
Everyone and I mean everyone should buy this. You must hear The Ramones before you die. The best band that has and will ever be.
Thanks Joey Ramone and the rest of the guys of course. They are the real mccoy.

Jane Iredale Deluxe Starter Kit - Fair
Jane Iredale Deluxe Starter Kit - Fair

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT PRODUCT, 5 Feb 2011
This is just a great little kit. You really can be ready in 5 minutes with a kit like this.

As they say look fawless in 5 minutes. IT WORKS

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE SIZING, 5 Feb 2011
These socks are enormous. Nothing like my normal size 6.

Nice wool but ridiculous sizing. Would not buy again
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2011 3:26 PM BST

Silentnight Footwear Patsy Tartan Comfort Slippers FREE UK DELIVERY
Silentnight Footwear Patsy Tartan Comfort Slippers FREE UK DELIVERY

5.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS little pair of tartan slippers, 5 Feb 2011
As they say exceptional comfort and style.

These are very nice little slippers, even prettier than the picture. I ordered my normal size 6 and they are spot on.

TREAT YOURSELF

Banjo For Dummies (Book & CD)
Banjo For Dummies (Book & CD)
by Bill Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BEGINNERS BOOK, 29 Mar 2010
I was a bit worried about buying this book after reading some of the reviews but, having studied some of the chapters for 2 months now, it is a GREAT beginners book.

You can tell that Bill Evans has a real passion for the banjo and really tries his very best to help you learn the instrument that he so obviously loves. It is very very well explained, you just have to take your time and be patient with yourself and use the chapters in the order that you want to learn.

It is a laid back book and very workable. Every day I get a little better and look forward to opening it for my next banjo lesson. The CD provided is fantastic and really helps you see your mistakes and helps you know when you are doing it right.

I managed to purchase a banjo, pickers, banjo bag, capo, and electronic tuner all through the excellent advice offered in this book and at a very reasonable cost. I have used everything I bought and do not regret one purchase.

If you are passionate about the banjo and really want to learn then Bill Evans is a great teacher and has produced a very good book. You will not regret buying it.

Big Man
Big Man
by Clarence Clemons

1.0 out of 5 stars BIG MAN, I DON'T THINK SO - MORE LIKE BIG HEAD, 6 Jan 2010
This review is from: Big Man (Hardcover)
I have been an E-Street Band fan since the 1980's and always liked and admired Clarence but after reading this book, boy oh boy what a disappointement. The guy seems to have class on-stage but not much off-stage. He is one crude dude.

Since he (and ESPECIALLY his co-author) have really nothing INTERESTING to say (and actually have to make-up stories - like two infants), I don't know why he wrote the book at all. I can't believe that Clarence Clemons could have written something so SHALLOW that could have been written by Paris Hilton.

Sad stuff, from one of the best known sax players from the best band in the world. He did himself no favours with this book. Most people will buy the book thinking they will read some interesting stories of Bruce and the other E-Street members (ok there are a few of Bruce and Clarence which fans will enjoy but few and far between), but, instead they will be bombarded with nonsense. It is worth noting that Bruce's foreword is very small, suggesting he may not have liked the book either.

Also, from the way he speaks about woman it is just as well that he has no daughters (especially overweight) - PATHETIC

As a fan I am still glad I bought the book but I will look at him differently now, certainly not with the same level of respect I had before. Although he will remain my favourite saxophonist.

Bruce (a very HUMBLE and classy man). Clarence and Don may love and adore him but they never learnt any lessons from him in the humble department.