Profile for KarenS > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Reisenthel Wrapcosmetic Bag Baroque Taupe
Reisenthel Wrapcosmetic Bag Baroque Taupe
Offered by Happybags

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Large Cosmetic Bag - good for travelling too!, 17 Nov. 2015
Bought this for my holidays and weekends away. I use this one for make-up, brushes, lotions and potions etc. (I also bought the larger one for toiletries).

It's perfect for me and what I needed and it was exactly what I was looking for. I don't have a great deal of make-up, but whilst travelling, my usual make-up case is too small. This bag has plenty of room for the cosmetics themselves and the remover wipes, brushes and applicators, nail varnish and cream.

It's not a soft, squishy, delicate bag at all, so if that's what you want this isn't for you. What it is however, is very well made, strong and durable but still pretty and comes with a good range of patterns. I can see me keeping this set for many years, it'll be the trusty loved set that looks good and expensive (I chose the taupe with baroque design) that will go everywhere with me.

Lovely, well thought-out design - a favourite with me.

400 Multi Coloured Multi Action Battery Operated LED with Timer
400 Multi Coloured Multi Action Battery Operated LED with Timer
Offered by Dealsdirect247

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi-coloured twinkles!, 17 Nov. 2015
I didn't actually buy these for myself, but bought them for my Mother-in-Law. She wanted Christmas lights on her shrubs in the front garden, but none of the hassle of electrical sockets etc. I saw these and ordered her a set from Cheaper Online Ltd. They were delivered to me really promptly and I have since ordered another set for her.

She's only tried the set out once so far, (because it's only November and a little early for decorations) so I can't comment yet on durability, battery usage etc. However, she did love the colours - in the dark, she said that they really popped and sparkled on the shrubs - hence the second set purchase.

I'll update the comment after Christmas to let you know how they went - but so far, seem like good lights, durable, colourful and good value.

Sivitec 1 m 6 Gang Extension Lead with Surge Protection - Black
Sivitec 1 m 6 Gang Extension Lead with Surge Protection - Black
Offered by Sivitec_Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars It's 1m, it's 6 Gang - and it's a surge protected extension lead - job done!, 17 Nov. 2015
Well, what can I say about an extension lead really! I'm find it hard to wax lyrical about plugs, but I thought this was a good value, surge protected product and so far it's worked just fine ( no surges encountered yet though!!)

Actually, bought as a spare extension, specifically for the Christmas Tree Lights. We have it plugged into a remote control switch as well, so no more bending down and rooting round at the back.

It's worked well and would recommend to people without worry.

End of line clearance. 925 Silver stud earrings handmade with sparkling crystal from SWAROVSKI®.
Offered by pewterhooter

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, little Sparkles!, 17 Nov. 2015
Great little addition of sparkle to the ear! They do stand a little proud of the ear lobe, but not noticeably (or weirdly!) so. They are quite sparkly too and catch the light - I've had a couple of comments on how pretty they look.

Good for both the smart, casual day look and for evening wear too. Nice, versatile little stud earrings!

Tuscany Silver 8 mm Ball Stud Earrings
Tuscany Silver 8 mm Ball Stud Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!, 17 Nov. 2015
Loved these earrings - just what I wanted. I had been looking for a very simply pair of silver studs for everyday wear, many were very small and some were just too big. I thought I'd give these a go and I'm glad I did because they're the perfect 'Goldilocks' earrings - not too big, not too small, but just right!

They are a simple added hint of silver that's big enough to notice without being too overpowering. Comfortable to wear and I've had no reaction to them either (although I'm not overly sensitive, sometimes cheap earrings can make my ear lobe itchy and a little sore) - but these have been great.

Arrived promptly and well packaged.

Would definitely recommend - and great as a little stocking-filler gift too!

Electronic Water Timer
Electronic Water Timer
Offered by Garden Selections

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use - great value timer!, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Electronic Water Timer
Only bought this very recently, just before we went on holiday. I didn't wish to spend a lot of money, because I only wanted it for a couple of pots and ordinarily I never use a timer. I set it up on a ordinary hose without an irrigation hose system just to water 2 pots of hydrangeas. I'm really impressed. It's only a very simple timer, but very easy to use. Because it doesn't have a digital clock, you have to do initial set up at a time you wish the hose to come on. I set it up at 6pm and set the dials for every 12 hours and for 5 minutes. So, from the time of set up, the timer clicks on at 6pm and 6am (every 12 hours, ie. twice each day) for 5 mins. Simple!

In fact, with such hot weather recently, and my back garden being a sun trap, I've left the timer on! (No coming out to thirsty hydrangeas!) Once I've redesigned my garden, I'll put in a proper irrigation system and set it to that too!

It's also quite varied in its timings. You can set it run for longer periods with varying increments (up to 120 minutes if I recall correctly) and set it to come on hourly, several times throughout the day, up to every 72 hours or even just weekly!

I spent £12.49 and it's been well worth the money. I confess, it was significantly cheaper than some other brands I saw and I was worried that it wouldn't work properly, fall off the tap etc. etc. But I've been very pleasantly surprised and pleased with its performance and simplicity.

It's only been working for just over a month now, so I can't comment on battery life or its long-term durability, but everything else is very good and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A reluctant purchaser - but now a convert - I love it!, 24 April 2014
Well, I never thought I'd buy a Kindle (or any kind of e-reader for that matter). I do love my books (still do!), but I don't live in a mansion with its own library and therefore something's gotta give!

I bought this, with the Kindle Paperwhite Cover (a very nice cover if you're interested - you can read my review) as an early Birthday present to myself. I have to admit, I really do like it! It is so easy to use - you can download books on 1-click via the WiFi (it really is instant! It's book magic!), you can subscribe to the Kindle newsletters that email you offers and daily deals for 99p etc, you can read a bit of the books before you buy, you can even buy via the Kindle itself.

There are newspapers to which you can subscribe, both UK and International; and magazines and journals from lifestyle and entertainment through science and politics. You can organise you books into collections - create you own collection label and select your books to be in one or more of each of your personalised categories. You can purchase via the Kindle and download Kindle Apps to other devices and even read your books on them too!

It is brilliant and easy to use - but for a bookworm like me - how good is the reading? Well, very. Nope, you don't get to open a new book and break its back and smell the print. And you don't get to fall in love with the content of a book so much that you love the physical book itself until it becomes dog-eared and battered! However, neither do you feel like you're reading a screen. The ability to change the font, the size of font and the screen lighting to suite your own personal preference is truly great. In no time, your engrossed in the words and have no feeling, ever, of reading a computer screen. Even turning the page (I just press the edge now), becomes second nature. For the most part, I forget I'm not actually reading from a book; the only time a don't, is when I read something that I might not understand and this is where the Kindle comes into its own. Just highlight the word and the dictionary (or you can change it to Wikipedia if you want) appears and gives you an explanation. It's simple, quick and unobtrusive and at no point interferes with the flow of your reading. I love this feature. I also love that it records these in the Vocabulary Builder which you can keep, delete and even label as 'mastered'.

If you are a lover of the physical book and a book-worm like me. I honestly don't think you will be disappointed in the Kindle Paperwhite. I can't compare to other Kindles or e-readers because I've never tried those. But as far as this Kindle, I have to say I'm glad I took the plunge. Not only will I be saving space (and time on the dusting!), but I shall be taking this on holiday and it weigh next to nothing! If you're worried you not going to like this because, like me, you love your books, I really don't believe you'll be disappointed.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case, Royal Purple - fits all Paperwhite generations

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely! - would recommend, 24 April 2014
I bought this the same time as my Kindle Paperwhite and I'm so glad that I did. Although this is a little more expensive than some other covers on the market, having got this for myself and compared it to my friend's cheaper cover, there is a noticeable difference in quality.

The fit itself is perfect. The Kindle doesn't move about, but sits securely in position with easy, open access to the micro charging point and the on/off switch. There are no elastic straps holding or covering the screen and feeling cheap or intrusive. The cover is very well made - the stitching is perfect both inside and out, which is usually a bug-bear of mine - and the leather and contrasting interior fabric really does feel quality and expensive. I love the little integrated, silver, magnetic clasp too - it really does mean you can open and close the front cover and wake up the Kindle or put it to sleep!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this cover to anyone. There are some cheaper, very nice covers on the market which are great too, but having had the chance to compare this with those directly, I'm glad I treated myself (it was an early Birthday present after all!). It is slim-line and stylish, comes in various colours (to suite most people's taste I would think) and I have to say, you feel like you're holding the Kindle and not a big, spongy protective cover!

If you want to spend that little bit extra but are worried whether it really is worth it, especially when a cheaper cover can save you a tenner, I would suggest on this occasion - it is worth it. It just feels so much nicer!

Red Rover
Red Rover

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 16 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Red Rover (MP3 Download)
This was my first experience of Paper Aeroplanes, have since purchased another of their songs.

I find the singer's voice, Sarah Howells, just beautiful and the melody and simply production of their music is perfect!

Silent Night
Silent Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Nat 'alf bad!, 16 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Silent Night (MP3 Download)
Love Nat King Cole - what a voice!

This is a lovely carol sung by the great man himself. A must for anybody's Christmas song list.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6