Profile for Mr. L. Baker > Reviews

Content by Mr. L. Baker

Mr. L. Baker (Cowes, Isle of Wight)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Smartwool PHD Outdoor Heavy Crew Men's Socks Chestnut Chestnut Size:L
Smartwool PHD Outdoor Heavy Crew Men's Socks Chestnut Chestnut Size:L

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but big toe pokes through far too soon., 2 Mar 2014
I've got Rohan® and Bridgedale® that have far outlived my Phd Smartwool socks.

I keep my toenails trimmed but on 3 pairs in six months of rotational use - all three pairs have worn over my big toenail.

I like them but at the price - they are not hardwearing enough. I think the flat seam could be the problem.

Tricks Of The Mind
Tricks Of The Mind
by Derren Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars A good insight in the World of NLP and Scepticism, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tricks Of The Mind (Paperback)
Debunks some of NLP (not all)

I particularly liked the chapters on science and reason.

Not quite an 'how to' book, or a auto biography. But, a good read.

COLOP Scanned Green Line Word Stamp
COLOP Scanned Green Line Word Stamp

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential if you want a paperless office., 19 Mar 2013
If you scan all your paperwork, as I do. If you keep the original, you need a way to annotate it. Here's the tool for the job.

Havaianas Brasil Logo Brown Mens Womens New Flip Flops-10
Havaianas Brasil Logo Brown Mens Womens New Flip Flops-10

4.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap for what they are., 19 Mar 2013
They're fashionable, hence the price. But, the quality is there. Let's hope they don't go the way of Reef®, by dropping the quality once they've captured the market.

The North Face Men's Etip Pamir Windstopper Gloves - TNF Black, Large
The North Face Men's Etip Pamir Windstopper Gloves - TNF Black, Large
Offered by Surfdome

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for most winter days., 19 Mar 2013
The downside: They cannot be washed in a machine. In fact, you have to spot clean them with mild detergent. When the East wind blows, they cannot be faulted. That said, they are not temperatures below -5 centigrade. Especially if you include the wind chill on top.

Humax Digital Satellite Set Top Box - Freesat - Foxsat HD
Humax Digital Satellite Set Top Box - Freesat - Foxsat HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Humax - great quality as always., 19 Mar 2013
A great, fairly priced product. I thoroughly recommend it to those who don't need to record programmes. Humax is top quality.

Plantronics BackBeat GO Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Black
Plantronics BackBeat GO Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset - Black
Offered by liGo

5.0 out of 5 stars As far as Bluetooth Stereo Headsets go - I can't fault it., 19 Mar 2013
I've only owned these headphones for 4 hours.

So far, I'm impressed.

They block ambient noise well, as well as any other noise-cancelling headphones.

The volume is fine, not overly loud, or too quiet.

They work a dream with my Samsung Galaxy Note II. I can use all the voice commands.

I haven't tested the battery over a sustained period. But, I accept the manufacturers talk time, which is about 4.5 hours.

I work as a postman, i.e. I'm active (I think so), having a set of headphones that don't get pulled out of my ears every time I move my bag around is great.

I love them....

The Book of CSS3: A Developer's Guide to the Future of Web Design
The Book of CSS3: A Developer's Guide to the Future of Web Design
by Peter Gasston

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well written, and an essential book for those who want to learn CSS3., 11 Feb 2013
Peter Gasston knows his stuff.

This book has not been rushed out. The author has been writing about CSS3 since it's inception in the '.NET' magazine. The authors knowledge and attention to detail shows throughout this book.

If there's on book you should buy on CSS3, this is it.

I even doubt future books, by other authors, would teach you more.

CSS Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))
CSS Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))
by Eric A. Meyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pocket reference., 11 Feb 2013
I carry this in my rucsac all the time to brush up on my CSS. Not bang up to date, but not stale.

Sergey's HTML5 & CSS3: Quick Reference. HTML5, CSS3 and APIs. Full Color (2nd Edition)
by Sergey Mavrody

4.0 out of 5 stars Cutting Edge, but some unusual gaps in the Book., 11 Feb 2013
I constantly refer to this book, but it has some unusual gaps on some pages. It's almost like its been put to press to early. Not a big problem, but baffling all the same.

This book is early doors for HTML5 and CSS3, but it tells you it's where in the life cycle each tag and selector is with W3C - something to bear in mind. It even lists support for API's such as Geolocation.

I still feel it's been rushed out early, to catch the market early.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4