Profile for Mica Mcilwraith > Reviews

Content by Mica Mcilwraith

Mica Mcilwraith

The Blessing of Brokenness (Short Story)
The Blessing of Brokenness (Short Story)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very hard hitting!, 3 Mar. 2013
I really enjoyed this. Even though I hated the character, the story really draws you in. I was shocked by some of the storyline too which doesnt happen often.

RazBerry Teether
RazBerry Teether

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money for us., 3 Mar. 2013
This review is from: RazBerry Teether (Baby Product)
I thought this item might really work!! My daughter started teething at 3 months but didn't get her first tooth until 6 months! Needless to say I was tearing my hair out and looking for something that would help her! She would always chew her first but never any other normal teething toys, so decided to try this. She didnt like it, she couldnt work out why it was LIKE a big dummy but she couldnt suck it. Its now in a draw in the kitchen never to be used again.

Head Case Anchor Nautical Clothing Protective Back Case Cover for Apple iPhone 4 4S

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 Mar. 2013
I love this case, It looks good, fits well and protects my iphone really well! The picture on it is nice and clear and not blurry too. Would certainly buy again from this company!

The Candle Man
The Candle Man

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good!, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Candle Man (Kindle Edition)
I dont understand why people complain that the book is misleading and that they thought it was set on the Titanic. If you read the description properly it explains that that is where the story of Jack The Ripper is told. I thought it was obvious that the story would take place in Victorian London.

I was SO impressed with this! It was written really well and had me guessing right up to the end about what would happen to the characters! I was really drawn in to this book, believing that the story I was reading was true and that THAT was the true story of the Whitechapel murders. And in my opinion that is exactly what a good - no, GREAT book is supposed to do.

My husband is already a fan Alex Scarrows work, meaning I expected alot from this book. He didnt dissapoint!!

Cuski Baby Comforter Pinkee-Boo (Single, Pink)
Cuski Baby Comforter Pinkee-Boo (Single, Pink)

3.0 out of 5 stars So far, not so good :(, 14 Jan. 2013
I read all the reviews on this product, the NHS Protocols too and was so excited to order this thinking I would be able to replace the dummy for this and that she would show some/ANY type of interest in it.(shes 5 months old and grabbing things and playing with things now)AAAAND nothing!
It doesnt seem to provide her with any comfort when tired and grizzly and she doesnt even snuggle into it much when she goes to bed. I am going to hang onto it though in the hope that she will one day take an interest to it, meaning I havent wasted alot of money!
I have slept with it and offered it to her, does anyone have any other tips on how to help my daughter become more interested in this?!3
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2013 8:47 AM BST

Outpost
Outpost

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull and unrealistic., 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Outpost (Kindle Edition)
I not keen on writing negative reviews about someones work, but I felt I had to in this instance. The idea of the story is brilliant but sadly, the story is on the unrealistic side, the sentences are too short (I noticed someone else say the same in their reveiw) and alot of things are left unexplained. I actually feel like I wasted my time battling through the book to receive no reward for doing so at the end! I kept thinking "Its ok, just keep on the end will explain it all" but it never does!!

Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe Cotton Knit Adjustable Infant Wrap (Pink - Large)
Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe Cotton Knit Adjustable Infant Wrap (Pink - Large)
Offered by Baby Lurve

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 15 Sept. 2012
After buying and using a swaddlepod untill my daughter was too big to use it anymore I spent a long week fretfully trying to find a replacement that worked as well as the zip up pod! I tried the Groswaddle which was a total waste of time, a normal folded blanket was more secure and easier to use! This one actually has a pouch to put babys legs in and velcro to keep the wrap attached so baby cant wriggle out! This really helps to sooth her and she sleeps in it all night quite happily. I highly recommend buying this!

7 Day A Week - Weekly Pill / Medication Dispenser
7 Day A Week - Weekly Pill / Medication Dispenser
Offered by SystemsEleven

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 3 Nov. 2011
I have to take 4 tablets a day and was getting sick of having cardboard boxes full of tablets falling to pieces in my bag!!! My local supermarket didnt have any available so I decided to look on here. I am very glad i bought this as it is tight enough fitting not to open in my bag but is very easy to open. It also has braile (think i may have spelt that wrong) on each day. The boxes for each day are spacious enough to fit in 4 or more tablets.