Profile for Deadandlovingit > Reviews

Content by Deadandlovingit

Deadandlovingit (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Toshiba SD3010KE DVD Player (Multiregion, HDMI, Upscaling 1080p)
Toshiba SD3010KE DVD Player (Multiregion, HDMI, Upscaling 1080p)
Offered by magicdiscounts
Price: 47.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Joy of joys, 6 Sep 2014
After buying a terrible Sony DVD player (review written) with no redeeming features I got this player after asking a few questions. It is a player that suits me, if I want to stop something I can look at what chapter the DVD is on and in seconds go back to this point in scene selection. Yes, the Sony may have had the "automatic resume a DVD where it was left but I found this incredibly irritating especially if you skip credits and then you wonder why no picture is on screen.

Good player simple easy display with useful information not pointless graphics. The control buttons on the Toshiba operate the player smoothly and without delay, that was by remote and manual. Unlike the Sony

This Toshiba is for people who want a controllable DVD player. The upscaling of old DVD's is excellent. The Sony will be nailed to a wall!

Duracell Plus AAA 8 + 8 Free
Duracell Plus AAA 8 + 8 Free
Offered by Sivitec_Direct
Price: 6.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper power, 29 July 2014
Great price for batteries to last me a few years. Quick delivery.

Can't say more than that, they are batteries after all

Oxford outside bike cover Aquatex cover - X-Large
Oxford outside bike cover Aquatex cover - X-Large
Offered by NIGHTINGALES
Price: 33.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it says in the ad!, 29 July 2014
Excellent product and covers my old XJ900F, half fairing and panniers perfectly (anyone interested I suggest measuring your motorcycle first to get the right size for you). Quick delivery and a very helpful company when I made direct enquiries.

I look forward to using this company again.

German Hela Ketchup Mild Spicy - 1 x 800 ml
German Hela Ketchup Mild Spicy - 1 x 800 ml
Offered by TOTAL RECALL UK 2
Price: 10.78

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not do much for me!!, 8 April 2014
A friend mentioned this stuff along with Bratwursts. I have to confess Bratwursts did nothing for me at all and this ketchup was to vinegar tasting for my liking. I like vinegar, I just like ketchup to taste of tomatoes.

Silver Linings Playbook [DVD]
Silver Linings Playbook [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bradley Cooper
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a romantic drama NOT a comedy, 3 April 2014
Seeing such diverse reviews I decided to approach this from the watch and see point. I think that was in hindsight a wise decision because rarely did this film make me laugh. As a romantic drama though it worked quite well.

Did it deserve Oscars etc? Who cares. Having seen so much drivel get awards over the years my thoughts were why not this.

Did Jennifer Laurence deserve her Oscar? Yet again why not. She comes across in real life as a bit of a screwball so it is nice to have a loop fruit winning something for a change rather than the ultra stuffy corpses they wheel out at such events. Besides her post Oscar interview was a laugh.

Try it and as I have said do not look on it as a comedy. American comedy seems to have largely vanished down that cesspit of good sense and returned to the evil days when it was just dire, Rhona, Taxi, My two dads, and the list of mindless awfulness which persuaded me to not watch broadcast television. isi

Saved! [DVD]
Saved! [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jena Malone
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 4.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A very quirky funny film, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Saved! [DVD] (DVD)
Having an offbeat sense of humour this film tickled my sense of humour big time. If you want to see some American film actors when they were much younger then you will some some faces here, such as Jena Malone (Catching Fire's Johanna Mason).

Without giving any spoilers that is about all I can say

Ring Automotive RAC610 12 V Analogue Compressor
Ring Automotive RAC610 12 V Analogue Compressor
Price: 11.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 3 April 2014
Great replacement for my old defunct one. No muss, no fuss with the job done in seconds. Brilliant!!

Would recommend it to anyone

HEAVY DUTY GARDEN CART TIPPER DUMP TRUCK
HEAVY DUTY GARDEN CART TIPPER DUMP TRUCK
Offered by KMS Distributions LTD
Price: 51.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 2 April 2014
Due to illness I cannot shift heavy items. This is ideal for my purposes and means I can move loads around my garden without regretting it healthwise.

I will admit the instructions are not that clear but it is not that hard to look at it and see how to assemble it. I did it in around 30 minutes. So treat it like a large adult puzzle and exercise the old grey matter, you may enjoy it.

Faren Melt Drain Unblocker 750ml
Faren Melt Drain Unblocker 750ml
Offered by Lampco
Price: 12.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed that it failed me!, 31 Mar 2014
I was expecting so much but was left very disappointed as it failed to remove blockage. Had the smoking poo smell, followed the instructions to the letter but it did jack to the blockage.

I would have preferred to write a glowing reference and not need a drainage specialist to unblock the outlet, but the specialist it will now have to be.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2014 10:11 AM BST

Interpet Freeze Dried Tubifex, 30g
Interpet Freeze Dried Tubifex, 30g
Price: 7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality tubifex!, 26 Mar 2014
Great way to buy tubifex as bigger than packs found in my local aquaria shops and considerably cheaper. I feed these to my pond fish and to the newts (to stop them eating the small tadpoles) and tadpoles when they start eating "meat." .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6