ARRAY(0xa3c21eac)

Profile for S. E. Edmunds > Reviews

Content by S. E. Edmunds

S. E. Edmunds (South West UK)

Secret Lives
Secret Lives

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Secret Lives (Kindle Edition)
Diane Chamberlain has yet to disappoint me. This novel has enough plots for three seperate books. An interesting storyline and the usual twist at the end. I try to second guess but only managed to work out one twist.

The Last Runaway
The Last Runaway
by Tracy Chevalier
Price: 11.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 28 April 2013
This review is from: The Last Runaway (Hardcover)
Tracy Chevalier makes every book so totally different from the previous one. I loved this, mostly because of the quilting but also because I once lived in the deep south of USA. The storyline is harsh and harrowing but there is a gentleness in the presentation.

Dear Lupin... Letters to a Wayward Son
Dear Lupin... Letters to a Wayward Son
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick read, 28 April 2013
This book had some very amusing anecdotes. Lupin did not deserve the relative success he achieved; parental support and connections served him well. A boot up the backside would have been my answer!

Lonely Planet Pocket Barcelona (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Pocket Barcelona (Travel Guide)
Price: 4.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact, 12 Mar 2013
I looked at this book in a library and was impressed enough to buy the kindle version.
It's an excellent little guide for a short visit to Barcelona but I found it less easy to use electronically when I wanted to flip to specific pages for details.
Would still recommend Kindle version; once you get the hang of searching; one small device with everything on it makes for light backpacks.

Actesso Beige Wrist Support Brace (Medium Left)
Actesso Beige Wrist Support Brace (Medium Left)
Offered by Actesso Medical Supports Limited
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pain relief, 1 Dec 2012
Not a glamorous product but immobilising my arthritic wrists means that I can be pain free. I use them at night and occasionally during the day when I want to restrict wrist movement. Allows for normal finger movement so not too restrictive. The colour makes them less conspicuous.

Set 3 French Style Round Nesting Boxes
Set 3 French Style Round Nesting Boxes

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, 1 Dec 2012
Very pretty set which I use for storing small things like gloves and scarves. They go well with my decor and fit very nicely, stacked, in a free corner. Check the measurements before buying - they are not as large as I initially wanted but in retrospect turned out to be perfect.

Navy Pinstripe Melamine 16 pce Dinner Set
Navy Pinstripe Melamine 16 pce Dinner Set
Offered by Motorhome Accessories Ltd
Price: 32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and servicable, 1 Dec 2012
I wanted a dinner set for my boat.
They look fresh and clean and match my colour scheme perfectly.
Having seen the price of those designed specifically for boats (with non-slip insert in base of items) and read reviews on the servicable life of melamine I decided to opt for a cheaper version and replace if they suffer any of the adverse effects I read about.
I can buy several sets at this price before reaching the cost of those specifically for boats.
To stop them sliding on a rolling boat I bought a non slip table pad for a few pounds!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lazy Jacks, 26 Aug 2011
Just what I wanted and I couldn't find it in any local shops
It arrived within 24 hours, brilliant service.

RYA Diesel Engine Handbook (Royal Yachting Association)
RYA Diesel Engine Handbook (Royal Yachting Association)
by Andrew Simpson
Price: 16.14

4.0 out of 5 stars RYA Diesel Engine Handbook (Royal Yachting Association), 11 Jun 2011
A clear, easily understood handbook for those wishing to learn the basics about diesel engines in small boats.
The book progresses intuitively; the text is straightforward with the illustrations being well presented and easy to follow.
Made me feel confident to cope with day to day maintenance and also to know my limitations.

Bag Style
Bag Style
by Pam Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Bag style, 15 Mar 2009
This review is from: Bag Style (Paperback)
An enticing book full of delicious patterns with good clear instructions. Something for every level of knitter.
It's not often one comes across a book where almost every pattern appeals. I will become a true bag lady when I have finished with this book,