Profile for papasumo > Reviews

Content by papasumo

papasumo

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Samsung 350V5C 15.6-inch Laptop (Silver) - (Intel Core i5 3210M 2.5GHz Processor, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dishonesty, 28 Sep 2013
I bought this product to take travelling with me. I wanted it quickly and chose next day delivery. It was shown as in stock. I was then contacted to be told it would take 2 weeks to deliver, 4 days after I leave for travelling, because it was not in stock. However it was still showing as in stock on Amazon. Several calls to the call centre resulted in lies and evasiveness and an offer to waive my delivery fee. Amazon are often good but when they are bad they are very bad.

Iron Man 3 [DVD]
Iron Man 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A good sequel to a sequel, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: Iron Man 3 [DVD] (DVD)
So often sequels deteriorate in quality. This one, for me, has improved. The third instalment is perhaps more personal than the second and certainly more than the first.

Avengers vs. X-Men: Consequences (Avengers/X-Men)
Avengers vs. X-Men: Consequences (Avengers/X-Men)
by Kieron Gillen
Price: 9.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the real series, 26 Sep 2013
Avengers Vs Xmen, the actual story is a great read and good value. This is a much shorter book for almost the same price. It does tidy things up a bit but isn't a necessary read.

Earth : The Power of the Planet - Complete BBC Series [DVD]
Earth : The Power of the Planet - Complete BBC Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Iain Stewart
Price: 6.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful as usual, 26 Sep 2013
BBC natural history. It is the standard you expect. If you own a few of these you know what to expect.

Oz the Great and Powerful [DVD]
Oz the Great and Powerful [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Franco
Price: 5.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 26 Sep 2013
I thought this was ok but my 10 year old daughter really liked it. I am not sure who the true target audience is.

Top Gear - The Challenges 1 & 2 Collection [DVD]
Top Gear - The Challenges 1 & 2 Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Clarkson
Offered by Side Two
Price: 6.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining time after time, 26 Sep 2013
I have watched these so often and never tire of them. I get them out for a rewatch every now and again.

CD/DVD Lens/Laser Cleaner with Cleaning Fluid - High Quality / For Game Consoles / PS3 / xBox / Stereo / PC / Wii
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 2.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Did what is was supposed to, 26 Sep 2013
I was worried that my DVD drive was going to die on me. It was behaving rather erratically and I feared the worst. This lens cleaner restored my drive to it's original operating quality with a single use. I didn't use the fluid because the disk worked so well alone.

Neewer 3.5mm Jack Retractable Auxiliary Cord for iPod/MP3 Players/Cell Phones
Neewer 3.5mm Jack Retractable Auxiliary Cord for iPod/MP3 Players/Cell Phones
Offered by IRULU NETWORKING
Price: 1.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Attempting to cheat the review system, 26 Sep 2013
This cable arrived late. So many cables were coming from Asia I chose this one because it was coming from Germany. I expected the estimate of 3-12 days to be general and for it to be on the quicker side. It didn't make the estimate at all. I haven't tested the product because by the time it arrived I didn't need it.

Originally I gave a review of 3 stars because of that. After all a cable is a cable. However the retailer has written to me bribing me to change my review. So I have. For the worse.

Top Trumps Deadly 60 Card Game
Top Trumps Deadly 60 Card Game
Offered by Fun Collectables
Price: 5.33

3.0 out of 5 stars Unnecessarily spoiled, 8 Sep 2013
Top trumps are exactly what every child knows them to be. This deck is from a well know TV series so my daughter knew what to expect. I was rather disappointed though by the amount of unnecessary stickers covering the plastic case that took forever to remove with soapy water. Why ?

Remington R7150 Black Diamond X Rotary Shaver
Remington R7150 Black Diamond X Rotary Shaver
Offered by HealthXpress
Price: 59.59

1.0 out of 5 stars is it a Fake ?, 8 Sep 2013
When I was at school I was taught that the hardest substance the existed was diamond. Either that is incorrect and my beard is tougher than diamond, or this shaver doesn't have diamond coated blades. I own a Remington trimmer which I have had for a decade and is a solid product. This cheap plastic shaver doesn't have the same quality, or even lose. The shave is awful unless you press so hard that you get a rash. Even then my skin was red raw before removing hairs. It came with a 2 point plug making me think it was not intended for UK market, or may have been a fake. I decided to return mine although I did consider keeping it to use as a sander.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11