Profile for Joanne "Gamer's Review" > Reviews

The 20/20 Experience
The 20/20 Experience
Offered by MediaMerchants

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't deserve 5 stars!, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The 20/20 Experience (Audio CD)
I don't know what people are thinking giving this 5 stars, Justified is 5 stars, FutureSex is 4 stars and this is 3 stars.
It's good but nowhere near as good as his old stuff. It's the worst album he has done so far, because if i had to choose out of his albums it would never be this one. Ever.
Especially considering he said he would only release 2 albums per decade so we probably won't get another one for around 5 years for me this just isn't on par with the others.

He should have worked with The Neptunes in at least some of his songs. As he worked with them on his Justified album and that is just an absolute classic.

Overall its decent, its enough but just enough..

Sony PlayStation Plus - 90 Day Subscription
Sony PlayStation Plus - 90 Day Subscription
Offered by Bargain Games UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I cannot recommend this enough, 9 Mar. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
As a PS3 and PSVita owner I had a look into PlayStation Plus. I thought for around £8 I will dip my toe in the pool and see what all the fuss is about.

PlayStation Plus is great!!! From the start of March to the start of June I could have all these games and more:
InFamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Mass Effect 3
Sleeping Dogs (just come out of PlayStation Plus, but I downloaded it in time)
Motorstorm Apocalypse
F1 Race Stars
Guardians of Middle Earth

I have already been blown away by Sleeping Dogs for that alone and I am already happy with the purchase of Plus. I can't pull myself away from it. I have always wanted to try the Mass Effect series and now I can. I wanted to buy Guardians of Middle Earth but never got round to it. Considering Mass Effect 3 and Sleeping Dogs are around £15-20 its an absolute bargain being able to pay them. All of the save data gets stored in the cloud so no need to worry about it taking space on the HDD. However I do recommend having a lot of HDD space in general. IF YOU HAVE THE HDD SPACE GET PLUS! I have an 80GB PS3 and although it isn't a lot of space because I already have a lot of game data etc on there I still recommend getting Plus IF YOU HAVE MASSES OF HDD SPACE ITS A NO BRAINER.

Vita Games I downloaded:
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Gravity Rush
wipeOut 2048

I knew what the wipeOut series was already like so I knew what to expect with it. The other games have impressed me and I can't believe I can play them for £8. Gravity Rush is fantastic you only have to read the reviews on it and its around £30. Lumines is a great time filler and is around £15. PlayStation Plus is fantastic value.

If you have a PS3 and a Vita you must get Plus. If you have a PS3/PS Vita with a lot of HDD space or memory you must get plus you are seriously missing out!!!!!

SONY HAVE OUTDONE THEMSELVES WITH THIS SERVICE IT IS FANTASTIC AND I CAN'T RECOMMEND IT ENOUGH FOR AROUND £8 GIVE IT A GO AND YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED! Yes it needed capital letters :D

Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit
Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit
Offered by Trade-N-Go Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant travel kit, 22 Feb. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
PS Vita Case - Very good but it would be better if it could fit the USB charging cable in properly. Overall it does do a good job at keeping the Vita protected and has a slot for 4 games. Very nice quality case also.

Car Charger - Made by Sony so the build quality is just excellent, it doesn't feel cheap at all. You can tell it will last a long time.

Game Case - Does what it says on the tin, the games and memory cards fit in it securely they won't drop out and it clips together securely too.

Screen Protector - To be honest I am yet to use this because I bought a pack of 5 before purchasing the travel kit, but by what everyone else says it should be fine.

Cleaning cloth - I am also yet to use this because I still have the official one from my Sony PSP. It still does the job brilliantly. The cleaning cloth in the travel kit does look like another good move from Sony if anything it looks better than the PSP one I use at the moment so it should be good.

I have to give this 5/5 the only downfall for me is the amount of space for cables in the Vita case. Anything chunkier or bigger than earphones and you really have to force it to get it in the case. However I definitely would advise buying it as it is the best kit for the Vita out there.

SODIAL(TM) Replacement Headphone Cable for Dr. Dre Headphones Monster Solo Beats Studio 1.2m

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, 9 Jan. 2013
I have to agree with Peter Bell this cable is great works with my Solo HD's. It obviously isn't official but they look like they could be genuine, from the feel of the cable you can tell they're not. That's said it is an extremely durable cable and flexible so if they were tugged etc they wouldn't get damaged. The cable isn't as thick as the official monster ones but it is really good, you can't really complain for around £2.00 (c'mon that's more or less the price of a happy meal) its an excellent cable that I think should be sold for more than £2.00.

The cable does a fantastic job I bought them because I gave my cable to a friend and I don't really want to use and wear down the ControlTalk cable when I don't use ControlTalk I may as well leave it handy for when I need to use it. I will use this one that I have just bought until it wears down which looks like it could be a long time. Bargain! I recommend anyone with Beats Solo HD/Studio to buy them. I'm glad I listened to Peter's review and bought them.

Virtua Tennis 4 (PS Vita)
Virtua Tennis 4 (PS Vita)
Offered by Trade-N-Go Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Vita Title, 23 Dec. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
A no-brainer must buy if:

-You love tennis in general and have a vita
-You love the Virtua Tennis series

I have been playing Virtua Tennis games since it was in the arcade. This game is amazing, graphically its brilliantly polished and looks like the PS3 version. The single player mode is great and is jam-packed with things to do and very addictive. If you already love the Virtua Tennis series you won't stop playing the single player until its finished.

As well as good single player is has the duration and lasting appeal for a game that you won't want to trade in. Once the world tour is complete you can do arcade mode, tournaments, play the mini games separately or go online. It makes for an excellent pick up and play game. The game play is great, what you would expect from a Virtua Tennis game, not as in depth as Top Spin but it doesn't need to be for the PSV.

It is amazing value for money :D for all tennis fans

Sony PS Vita (Wi-Fi only) (PlayStation Vita)
Sony PS Vita (Wi-Fi only) (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by CSC Distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars It is the best handheld gaming device. Fact., 28 Nov. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is the best handheld gaming device fact, its a pocket PS3.

Pros
-Brilliant display
-Amazing graphics for a device of its size.
-Has applications such as Twitter, Facebook and Youtube
-Full integration with PS3
-Nice buttons, hardware and overall build.
-Extremely good sound and video quality (when uploading a video file not using the camera to record)

Personal Pros
-You can connect more or less any Bluetooth headset to it, if you have the Gioteck Bluetooth headset for PS3 it will work.
-You can take calls on Skype or party chat while playing.
-You can buy PS1 or PSP games (from PSN store) and play them.
-It has a good front camera for Skype.

The new updates means you can use PlayStation Plus. There is also an email application and well needed improvements have been made to the web browser.

Cons
-Bad battery life (HOWEVER this can be overcome using the PlayStation Portable charger which looks excellent as it can charge any device that uses a USB cable like phones,iPads etc not just your vita).
-Memory cards are almost compulsory and are expensive. I traded in a few xbox 360 games that i didn't need for a 16GB card so I didn't pay much. On that front I would just try looking for a deal or trade in things you don't need if you really want a good size. If you are only looking to save games stick to a 4GB, if you want to buy all games digitally get a 16 or 32GB. I keep a collection of PSP games and PS1 games on mine. PS1 games range from around 100-200MB each and PSP games 400-600MB each so an 8GB could be a happy medium.
-The cameras on it suck. They are only good for Skype and AR (augmented reality), taking pictures on holiday etc NO! The cameras are bad don't expect it to replace your phone or DSLR any time soon.
-Lastly there a lack of games, however it is a new console which has barely been out a year so give it time and this will no longer be a con.

I really wouldn't let the Cons stop you from buying one. THIS IS THE BEST GAMING HANDHELD YOU WILL EVER HAVE ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. I have previously had GameBoy Color, Advance SP, Nintendo DS and PSP 1000.

ModNation Racers: Road Trip (PS Vita)
ModNation Racers: Road Trip (PS Vita)
Offered by Game Dealz

4.0 out of 5 stars Great starting game for PSV, 11 Nov. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a good foundation racing game that I would not pay full price for. If you like previous ModNation Racers games then you will love this it is great fun to play. However it feels unfinished as though it isn't going to be the only ModNation Racers game on the PS Vita. It has all the features you'd expect from the PS3 and PSP version except you cannot play competitively online you can only download creations etc (I downloaded a kart I made on the PS3 version to the Vita version). The lack of competitive online play knocks its lasting appeal apart from downloading new track and completing time trials there's not much to do once you've completed the games career mode.
The fact that its called ModNation Racers: Road Trip and not just ModNation Racers makes it sound like its more of a spin off game. Having said that gameplay wise its a lot of fun and you get engrossed in the game its easy to mistake it for the PS3 version, visually and the fact you have most of the buttons from a DualShock 3. It's fantastic if you want a good vita game for cheap.

Gameplay 9/10
Visuals 9/10
Lasting appeal 7/10

ClimaxDigital VCAP305 USB 2.0 Game Capture Kit for Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2 that has AV composite output (Yellow, Red, White) Play game in standard definition (NOT HD) on your TV and record game playing to your laptop/PC in standard definition MPEG2 format. Captured video can be rendered to 720P. Includes 3 Y Splitters and 2 Leads. Upload video to youtube or Facebook. For Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 32/64 bit
Offered by ClimaxDigital UK (VAT NO: GB948688449)

2.0 out of 5 stars For Gaming? Poor., 25 Jan. 2012
If you are looking to capture gameplay this is a complete waste of time and money. Roxio, HD PVR or nothing in my case everything else just seems to be really poor. Not happy just don't buy please, PLEASE.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2012 1:16 PM GMT

2.5mm Stereo Jack to 2.5 mm Jack Plug TurtleBeach Replacement Cable 1m
2.5mm Stereo Jack to 2.5 mm Jack Plug TurtleBeach Replacement Cable 1m
Offered by kenable_ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars YAY IT WORKED..............for 2 weeks -__-, 5 Jan. 2012
This cable is very very VERY POOR. You'd be wasting your money if you got this, completely useless. You are better off paying more for a higher quality one. Buy if you want £1.60 down the drain. =/

Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 PS3 Headset - EU
Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 PS3 Headset - EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Earforce P11's....... FANTASTIC, 17 Oct. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Perfect for the gamer that wants a great gaming experience that doesn't cost the earth.
This headset is brilliant!

Pros
-Fantastic sound quality especially for hearing footsteps etc
-Control settings are excellent (You can have the game volume loud or chat volume loud or balance them).
-Mic is crisp and clear (When you do the mic test you will know because you can hear yourself).
-Extremely comfortable to wear and is over ear, so no irritation.
-They are not heavy on your head and the mic is the only way you know your still wearing them.

Minor...minor cons [IF I HAVE TO BE REALLY PICKY]
-The plastic is quite flimsy, but still durable (If you really wanted to break them you could). I don't think any kind of accidental knock or drop on the floor would cause any damage to them.
-Length of the cable, the cable is extremely long (This is bad due to my personal preference because i'm close to the tv and ps3 if you play a long way away from your ps3 its fine).

Moving from using your bog standard headsets (the earpiece ones, low end headsets) to this is a whole level up!
This is an absolute steal for the price if you have never had a headset by a high end manufacturer then I definitely recommend them! ITS A MUST BUY!!

Page: 1 | 2