Profile for J. Laurie > Reviews

Content by J. Laurie

J. Laurie "jenny laurie" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
TeckNet® Wireless Mains Plug-In Doorbell Door Chime
TeckNet® Wireless Mains Plug-In Doorbell Door Chime
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 4 Jan 2014
My son wanted a doorbell for his room, does what you expect, easy set up, so what you would expect.

The Baker Street Boys: The Case of the Captive Clairvoyant
The Baker Street Boys: The Case of the Captive Clairvoyant
by Anthony Read

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 4 Jan 2014
My son loves this series of books so this one was a must on his christmas list. Highly recommended read for boys.

Yahtzee Score Pad Board Game
Yahtzee Score Pad Board Game
Offered by Lowest Price (Free Expedited Delivery 1-2 days)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family game, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Yahtzee Score Pad Board Game (Toy)
My son loved playing this when on holiday in Florida so it was a must on his christmas list, great fun.

The Diamond Brothers in South by South East
The Diamond Brothers in South by South East
by Anthony Horowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 4 Jan 2014
My son loves the series of diamond brothers, so this one was a mutton his christmas list. Highly recommended read for boys.

Spy Net Stealth Video Glasses
Spy Net Stealth Video Glasses

3.0 out of 5 stars My 12 year says they're just ok, 4 Jan 2014
I would have expected these to be better than just ok considering the cost, cost should be nearer to £15 so to be honest would not recommend save your money, there has to better ones out there for a lot less money. Not great pictures/video from them.

Andrew James Electric Food Stand Mixer In Stunning Red, Includes 2 Year Warranty, Splash Guard, 5.2 Litre Bowl, Spatula And 128 Page Food Mixer Cookbook
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD - Xmas Delivery Available On Orders Placed By 22nd December

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for all of 1 minute!, 4 Jan 2014
My son wanted to make a cake in his new mixer, been using my mums kenwood chef which is now 40 years old so decided to buy him his own although couldn't afford the kenwood but to be honest you do get what you pay for! Got it set up, washed the bowl and utensils and started making the cake, well turned it on for he first time and it was like a jet engine setting off, thought that can't be right surely, next thing just started to cut out then start agin, then nothing, not impressed! Contacted Andrew James by phone, advised to return for technical team to look at may be able to repair, well I am sorry but I definitely do not wish a repaired model nor do I wish a replacement, I would be too scared that it blew up or something, have duly returned the item awaiting for my full refund including delivery, may have been unlucky but will not purchase from this company again as this the second appliance I have purchased from them at Christmas which has been poor.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 4 Jan 2014
I have to say this was disappointing, when cleaning the item with a cloth as suggested the edges of the machine started breaking my cloth up then I cut my finger, the edges around the machine are rough not smooth, I did not finish cleaning the product as I did not want to cut myself again. I contacted Andrew James, who wanted a photo but as its black it is hard to see you really need to feel it so they have arranged a return for their technical team to look at, I have asked for a full refund including my postage as the item is definitely not finished well at all. As for the one and only waffle we made it took over 10 mins to get it to a pale state and we had the setting a few bars away from max and they are quite thin, one very disappointed 12 year old. This is the 2nd appliance I have returned this Christmas to Andrew James as the food mixer sounder like a jet plane before giving up, may just be unlucky but I will not be purchasing again from this company, just hope the hand mixer I also purchased lasts longer!

The Diamond Brothers in the Four of Diamonds
The Diamond Brothers in the Four of Diamonds
by Anthony Horowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars A firm favourite of my sons, 12 Dec 2013
My son loves these books, so anything that gets him enthusiastic about reading is a great thing. He will love reading this over the holidays

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game, 12 Dec 2013
We played this in Florida as it was in the villa we stayed in and my son loved it so have bought him it for Christmas, only thing I would say is it should definitely cost less, not sure why this costs so much.

Farkle - Dice Cup Game (Colours Vary)
Farkle - Dice Cup Game (Colours Vary)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets you hooked, 12 Dec 2013