Profile for Tony Majere > Reviews

LEGO Super Heroes 6862: Superman vs. Power Armor Lex
LEGO Super Heroes 6862: Superman vs. Power Armor Lex
Offered by ToysElite

4.0 out of 5 stars My 7 yr old loves it, 16 Jun 2012
My 7 yr old has built a few Lego sets previously and managed this without too much trouble. I was a bit concerned that it would be unstable and not stand but the large feet and ankle joint make it good and solid. Even when knocked over it stays together.
Arms are ball joints so they are easy to pose
The 3 characters are good and the kryptonite powered gun evens the fight a bit.
My boy commented immediately that the green and purple colours are those of the joker so can be used seemlessly with batman sets.
I like Lego for the educational building elements but it does tend to be a tad pricey especially for the film/tv licenced sets. This set however is good value.

Bear Grylls Ultimate Multi-Tool
Bear Grylls Ultimate Multi-Tool
Offered by Domines

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tool for price, 16 Jun 2012
Pluses: nice comfy grip, locking blades are easy to open with thumb, Pliers sprung to give a nice feel, overall solid feel, compact size can fit in pocket

Minuses: scissors and screwdrivers seem a bit thin. Smaller hands will find the pliers uncomfortable to use.

Overall The main use will be the pliers and the 2 blades (1 straight 1 serrated) plus the saw which are good solid with a nice lock. The rest I doubt will see much use but theyre not what I got it for anyway.

iPod & iPhone USB Sync Cable - White
iPod & iPhone USB Sync Cable - White
Offered by cheap4uk(From hongkong,2-3 weeks delivery)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 16 Jun 2012
Extremely good value for the price. My apple cable gave way at the USB end almost straight away so even it this one breaks next week it's still comparable to apples at a fraction of the cost.

L.A. Noire (PS3)
L.A. Noire (PS3)
Offered by Trade-N-Go Gaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Something different from rockstar, 14 May 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: L.A. Noire (PS3) (Video Game)
Been meaning to get this for a while. Investigations are interesting though it doesn't seem as open ended as GTA. They didn't try to dilute the adult themes so not for kids it is a 18 cert. lots of downloadable content which means it was either too short or very popular. Haven't finished it yet but I suspect its the latter.
In summary an atmospheric dark game refreshingly different from most of the others.

LEGO City 7287: Police Boat
LEGO City 7287: Police Boat

4.0 out of 5 stars Substantial Lego vehicle, 14 May 2012
This review is from: LEGO City 7287: Police Boat (Toy)
The first thing that struck me about this set was the box size. When opened the reason is seen- the hull is all one piece (to make it watertight?) Bought this for my 7 yr old who had no problem building it. It also floats well with the ladders just touching the water. Crook has a little jetski and there is a storeage area/ cell on deck. 3 mini figures with relevant accessories.
In summary a good solid vehicle not too complex to build which can be taken into the bath. For the size of it £15 is a good price

LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (PS3)
LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (PS3)
Offered by S6 entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun for my 7 year old, 11 Dec 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
If I hadn't already bought all the other Lego games for my 7yr old I probably wouldn't have bothered with this one but he wants to have the complete set and £12 was a bargain. Don't get me wrong this is still fun and great value for the price and the new features are interesting but I'm not sure there was enough in the Indy films ( especially crystal skull) to warrant a 2nd game. In short not worth full price ( hope they never charged £30 for it) but good for £12.

Delivery was from canada and was very prompt ( same as uk). I was a little worried when I saw it was region 1 (which I don't recall seeing on the product discription) but it works fine so I guess ps3 games aren't region coded.

The Gathering Storm
The Gathering Storm
by Robert Jordan

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT! A lot better than expected - No Spoilers, 6 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Gathering Storm (Hardcover)
If you're even looking at this rather than Eye of the World then you must be familar with the series. Possibly wondering if this book is worth getting after the last few were very slow and that RJ has died. In a nutshell if you bought the others then you'll get this.
For once I agree with most of the reviews here - for me this is the best WOT book since Crown of Swords (maybe Lord of Chaos) but anyone who has stuck with the series since then will read this regardless of reviews.
The pacing of this is very good and it's nice that Rand and Egwene get a decent share of the story even if it is at the expense of Perrin and Elayne.
As per previous reviewers - the only parts I noticed that seemed markedly different from RJs writing were the chapters of Mat's. But I think the "hard" Rand may be easier to write than his softer aspect in earlier books. I'd have liked to read more of the Forsaken but 13 was always too many to do them justice.
The New author has done an outstanding job - can't wait for the next 2.

Batman Dark Knight Stealth Batmobile
Batman Dark Knight Stealth Batmobile

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit flimsey and overpriced, 24 Feb 2009
Bought this as a christmas present for my son. Sizewise it's impressive but not very heavy. It has a good level of detail and is easily recognisable as the vehicle from Dark Knight. The contained 'batcycle' is very good too.
I would say this is not really suitable as a 'Toy' as i don't believe it can stand up to day to day play. The plastic used is very light and I doubt it would survive a fall of much height.
The mechanism to shoot the bike out is really powerful and the bike travels a long distance and stays upright (nice wide battyres). However my son still has trouble loading the bike in - particularly closing the sides of the batmobile - the catches which hold them are very weak. The guns are also very disappointing the bullets barely clear the vehicle. One good point is that the batcycle can be taken out and other batmat figures put in.

In summary I'd say this item is more suited to older "collectors" as I dont think it's robust enough to survive sustained play.

Page: 1 | 2