Profile for sheila > Reviews

Content by sheila

sheila

Page: 1 | 2
Never Somewhere Else (DCI Lorimer Book 1)
Never Somewhere Else (DCI Lorimer Book 1)
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars republished, 30 Mar 2014
Having read quite a few Alex Gray ( DCI Lorimer) novels I bought this one thinking it was a new book, it did have Oct 2013 on page. When I started reading realised it is the very first one. Quite annoying when you've read newer ones and know what happens the characters. Still a good read but should have said it was a reissue.

Andrew James 1500 Watt Electric Food Stand Mixer In Stunning Red, Includes 2 Year Warranty, Splash Guard, 5.2 Litre Bowl, Spatula And 128 Page Food Mixer Cookbook
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars very good product, 14 Sep 2013
When I seen the price of this compared to other makes it did make me wonder if it was ok, but I have to say it's the best mixer I've had. A little bit noisy but all mixers are. Very easy to use, cakes and pastry made easily. Suckers on the base make sure it's not moving but to be honest it's quite a heavy machine so don't think it would move anyway. Would certainly recommend.

A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher 17)
A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher 17)
by Lee Child
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars jack reacher, 16 July 2013
I have always been a fan of Lee Child and Jack Reacher, this book won't disappoint although a bit slow getting started the action as usual is fast and furious. If I have one complaint ( I'm being picky ) it's having too many different agencies involved ( fbi,cia etc) sometimes it's a bit confusing trying to work out who belongs to who. All in all a very good read.

2m (6.5ft) Deluxe Thick Chunky Wide Red Shiny Christmas Tree Tinsel Garland with Embossing Decoration
Offered by Robelli Online
Price: 2.89

2.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, 7 Dec 2012
The discription for this product was 'de-luxe,thick,chunky,wide,red shiny' well it's red and shiny. I bought because I wanted nice thick tinsel, unfortunatly this is not what I got. It cost 5.90 to be honest I could have got the same on the high street for less. The reviews were good another reason I bought,would not bother again.

Ladies/Womens Classic Pink Rectangular Watch- 15-18cm Strap (R0120.05.2)
Ladies/Womens Classic Pink Rectangular Watch- 15-18cm Strap (R0120.05.2)

2.0 out of 5 stars faulty, 10 Nov 2012
Just wanted a cheap watch for work, thats what I got. Had to send it back as it wasn't working, probably battery. No problem with refund got it as soon as the watch went back.

Nokia Asha 201 Mobile Phone on O2 / QWERTY/ Pay as you go / Pre-Pay / PAYG - Graphite (Including 10 Airtime)

4.0 out of 5 stars nice phone, 10 Nov 2012
I really like this phone having had a nokia before it was easy to use. Like the qwerty keyboard which was one of the main reasons for buying it. Would recommend it

Est 1982 30th Birthday Mens Burgundy T Shirt with Yellow Print
Est 1982 30th Birthday Mens Burgundy T Shirt with Yellow Print
Offered by Rhino and Mugsy
Price: 9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 10 Nov 2012
Bought this t-shirt for my sons 30th, product was fine but after one wash has shrunk and now unwearable. Very disappointed considering how much I paid it.

The Dead Know Not (Parish & Richards 7)
The Dead Know Not (Parish & Richards 7)
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars parish & richards, 27 Sep 2012
Having read all of the Parish & Richards books I have to say I was a little disappointed in this one. It seemed to concentrate on the two new characters Xena & Stick, wasn't keen on Xena and think there's more to Stick than we found in this book. The story it's self was as good as previous books it was the ending that left things open I didn't like, I know all his books have a continuing thread it wasn't wrapped up enough for me. Let's hope the next book explains everything. Anybody who hasn't read Tim Ellis I would suggest starting at book 1 and working your way through them.

Don't Cry
Don't Cry
Price: 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars beverly barton, 7 April 2012
This review is from: Don't Cry (Kindle Edition)
As with all Beverly Barton books I just couldn't put this one down, read it over a couple of nights. There was the usual three or four suspects, I liked the main characters will they won't they! Don't want to give plot away but the twist at the end made the book for me. I have never read a Barton book I didn't like and I highly recommend this. Hope to see J.D and Audrey in more books.

THORN IN MY SIDE
THORN IN MY SIDE
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars thorn in my side, 8 Dec 2011
This review is from: THORN IN MY SIDE (Kindle Edition)
I have read and enjoyed all of Sheila Quigleys books, this one was set in north northumberland and as I live in the area was interested to see what was written. Once I get into the book it was hard to put down and finished it in a couple of nights, unfortunatly I'll never be able look at holy island in the same way again!!!

Page: 1 | 2