Profile for Robbie Almond > Reviews

Outlander Season 1
Outlander Season 1
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written, cast and produced, 18 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Outlander Season 1 (Amazon Video)
I wish I could say I enjoyed this, but I cannot fathom why this has such good reviews. I watched the whole series and I'm not particularly picky in what I watch. Genuinely good series such as Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, ..Lost...? All tower over Outlander in terms of the quality of plot, acting, continuity ..everything you can think of. I found it very amateurish and the gratuitous nature of the sex scenes and needlessly graphic male rape scenes were so abhorrent i can't even begin to do them justice in this review.

Overall, I'd recommend you watch something else!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2015 5:36 PM BST

Party Like Tomorrow Is the End of the World [Explicit]
Party Like Tomorrow Is the End of the World [Explicit]

3.0 out of 5 stars Good...but not their best, 13 Feb. 2014
No one was more convinced than me that the new Steel Panther stuff would be as good as their last offerings, and while this is good I can't help but feel like they've taken a more commercial turn. "At last a Steel Panther song I can play on the Radio" was what I heard recently on Radio 1, and I think that says a lot. It's not as 'in-your-face' as their previous efforts and seems to be trying to appeal to a much broader radio audience, but in doing so this might turn off the fans more used to their outrageous and audacious songs of old.

So Long, See You Tomorrow
So Long, See You Tomorrow

4.0 out of 5 stars Innovative and original, 5 Feb. 2014
If they hadn't already with their past two albums, Bombay Bicycle Club have surely proven here they are no one trick pony. Not content to sit on the tried a tested 'indy' stereotypical sound, they're constantly finding new avenues of sound to venture through.
Having written a lot of these songs around a drum or synth loop these songs sound a great deal different to any of the bands previous albums, but they manage to retain the irresistable catchiness that fans love them for.