Profile for Louie1401 > Reviews

Content by Louie1401

Louie1401 "Louie1401" (Scotland, UK.)

Paw Tracks at Owl Cottage
Paw Tracks at Owl Cottage
by Denis O'Connor

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous follow up, 20 Dec 2010
After reading the first book, I was thrilled to see Denis O'Connor was about to publish the follow up & I pre-ordered on Amazon straight away.
I was not disappointed. I am a cat lover & thoroughly enjoyed reading Denis's stories about his Maine Coon cats. I could really identify with his emotions & speedily read the whole book in a weekend.
Great stuff!

Disintegration [Deluxe Edition]
Disintegration [Deluxe Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful gem......, 28 May 2010
I've never bought a Cure album before (apart from the greatest hits collection) & was curious to know what a complete body of work by the band would be like.
I ordered this after reading the excellent reviews (well, most of them are excellent!) & I was not disappointed. What a great intro for me to get into The Cure's back catalogue - this album is great! Stand out tracks for me already are Prayers for Rain, The Same Deep Water as You & Disintegration - fabulous!
I will be checking out further releases now to increase my Cure collection.

One of Your Own: The Life and Death of Myra Hindley
One of Your Own: The Life and Death of Myra Hindley
by Carol Ann Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Spellbound........, 17 May 2010
After reading the Emlyn Williams book quite a few years ago now I was transfixed (both fascinated & replused) by this true story of the Moors Murderers. I was particularly looking forward to reading this book by Carol Ann Lee after reading the good reviews in the press & I was spellbound by the story once again. Carol Ann Lee's writing style is spot-on and the pace never lets up. I couldn't put this book down & the horror of the events is something that you just cannot get out of your mind once you are in the grips of the book. The writer always leaves the reader with so much to think about.
Highly recommended and in agreement with other reviewers here, I will be sourcing other books by Ms Lee in particular the Anne Frank book.

Recollection
Recollection
Price: 26.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed...., 7 April 2010
This review is from: Recollection (Audio CD)
I've got all kd Lang's previous releases so wasn't really expecting anything new but have to say I was slightly disappointed with this. I don't like the packaging & it's now buried away in my collection whilst I continue to play all the complete albums instead. Shame.

Nine West Women's Oh Dear Wedge Black 929700309 7 UK
Nine West Women's Oh Dear Wedge Black 929700309 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 7 April 2010
Lovely smart trendy shoes from Nine West. As usual Amazon are cheaper than anywhere else for a top quality shoe! Came within 2 days of ordering too - excellent service. Thank you.

Calendrier Mural Marilyn Monroe 2010
Calendrier Mural Marilyn Monroe 2010
by Barris Georges

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic MM calendar, 7 April 2010
Superb quality & beautiful pictures of Marilyn. Especially like the fact that there is 2 pictures per month - more MM to look at! Expensive but so worth it.

All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu
All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It's just gorgeous...., 7 April 2010
It took me a couple of listens but I'm hooked! Beautiful songs and Rufus has never sounded so divine. Wonderful stuff, highly recommended. Thank you Rufus for a gorgeous album....

Paw Tracks in the Moonlight
Paw Tracks in the Moonlight
by Denis O'Connor

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 30 Dec 2009
It only took me a couple of days to read this wonderful book. I have four cats myself and have always had a cat in my life. I loved the narrative & the wonderful story of Toby Jug. Splitting the book into seasons for the chapters was an excellent idea & of course, I shed a tear at the end but was glad Toby Jug had been given such a good life after his horrendous start in the world. I loved it! Highly recommended.

The Beacon
The Beacon
by Susan Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book from Susan Hill, 18 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Beacon (Paperback)
It only took me a couple of days to read this wonderful book from Susan Hill. This is my first ever book review for Amazon as I felt compelled to let other readers know what a fantastic little find this is! I was transfixed from the opening pages & couldn't put it down - a real page turner. You just want to find out what happens to everyone & why Frank did what he did.

I loved it - highly recommended.

I will now seek out other Susan Hill books & hope they are all as superb as this one.