Profile for Claire Goodman > Reviews

Content by Claire Goodman

Claire Goodman (Tamworth, Staffs United Kingdom)

Large 42cm Round Multi Cooker with Glass Lid 1500W Non Stick Surface with Cool Touch Handles Suitable for Frying Pan Oven Bake Fry Roast Stew Boil Pizza fried, stewed, grilling, refining, baking or roast dishes, paellas omelettes steaks pizzas

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 31 July 2014
Super fast delivery, excellent price & though it was primarily purchased for use in our camper van it now resides on my counter top in the kitcben & is used everyday. A lot larger then expected, ideal for all the family.

All Steel Weatherproof Clothes Line Pulley, Extra Large 5" Diameter
All Steel Weatherproof Clothes Line Pulley, Extra Large 5" Diameter
Offered by Simple DIY
Price: 2.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Old fashioned laundry supplies at their best., 11 May 2014
Quick delivery, strong sturdy quality & do the job they are intended for. Very pleased.
Setting up traditional garden laundry was easy

Dracula [DVD]
Dracula [DVD]
Dvd ~ Frank Langella
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 1970's Dracula adaptation, 25 Oct 2006
This review is from: Dracula [DVD] (DVD)
I am so glad to see that this some times forgotten classic adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula has finally managed to make its way onto DVD. After growing up on the Hammer versions as a child my mother introduced me to this mainly british cast version of the story and in many ways this has stayed my favourite. The beautiful Frank Langella carries all the great attributes of his stage performance with him onto the big screen and gives an outstanding performance only re-inforced by the supporting cast. Never mind the Coppola version, if you are looking for the flamboyant extravagance of a stage production against the grittiness of a typical bristish costume drama than this is for you. Well worth a watch on too many levels to mention.

Quentin Tarantino Presents: Hostel - Limited Edition Sleeve (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk)  [DVD] [2006]
Quentin Tarantino Presents: Hostel - Limited Edition Sleeve (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Barbara Nedeljakova
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 1.73

3.0 out of 5 stars Bitter disappointment, 11 Aug 2006
I had such great expectations for this much hyped outing from Quentin and what a let down. I am unsure whether I watched the cut version and if so maybe this will go some way to justify the fact that I found this film to be totally un-rewarding.

The first half is like some bad American teen comedy sex romp from the early 80's (think Porkies go to Eastern Europe) without the humour and the gruesomeness we were all waiting an eternity for, failed to hit the mark. The acting and direction didn't to build any true empathy for the characters and this resulted in a lack of suspense. I found the well documented torture scenes to be tame to say the very least but as mentioned before this may have been to editing and censorship. Which in my opinion spoilt what was a good premise for a movie and if it had been well executed could have lived up to all the hype.

Left me feeling diasppointed and craving to watch "Saw", "Devils Rejects" and "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" as soon as possible to satiate my need for gore, gore and more gore!!

Fills an hour or so and I have seen much worse but just not as good as I thought it was going to be.

Rent it and decide for yourself, becasue after all what do I know!

Termination Bliss
Termination Bliss
Price: 9.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure dark pleasure, 24 April 2006
This review is from: Termination Bliss (Audio CD)
After making the decision to buy this album purely from a photo advert in Kerrang and listening to a couple of tracks on My Space, what can I say. A definate must buy for fans of Marilyn Manson, Fields of the Nephilim,NIN, Murderdolls, Rammstein and all things industrial. I was expecting a few good tracks and a number of weaker ones but the whole album is a joyous celebration of all that is brilliant about Industrial music. Uplifting in its bleak darkness, I recieved it by post today, have listened to the whole things through my PC at work and have already downloaded the album to my MP3 player.To be played accessively loud over and over again, much I am sure, to the annoyance of my fellow train travellers on the way home.

If you buy any album this month make it this one, you won't be disapppointed.

I'm off now to buy their first album.

Brilliant!

Last Days [DVD]
Last Days [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Pitt
Price: 13.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Last ramblings, 7 April 2006
This review is from: Last Days [DVD] (DVD)
I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this film. And after watching it I am still un-decided on whether or not I actually enjoyed it. It conveyed well the directors opinion and thoughts regarding what the main character may have been feeling and experiencing during the last days of his life. The set piece style of the scenes worked well but I got the feeling that some of the dis-jointedness was due to cuts and edits rather than the intention of the film maker!? Overall those expecting a
min-rockumentary about their favourite grunge star will be dispointed, however if you are looking for an interesting piece of film making which depicts and evokes emotion and thought to what is beinfg presented then I am sure you will enjoy it.