Profile for Stevie B > Reviews

Content by Stevie B

Stevie B (Derby, Greater Mancunia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
To Find the Spirit
To Find the Spirit

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good I bought it twice!, 23 Dec. 2014
This review is from: To Find the Spirit (Audio CD)
Quite simply, Stone Foundation are one of the most underrated bands around.
Admired by many live music fans, Stone Foundation are not likely to become a commercial success to the scale of the manufactured/fashionable/throw away music acts that seem to hit the scene so quickly and die away twice as fast.

Stone Foundation have a great back catalogue and this album just oozes class.
Saw them play numbers off this album live in Bilston and Nottingham - every track is a winner!

As the review title suggests, my purchase from Amazon was my second copy.
I originally bought a 'deluxe' release of vinyl and cd. The cd in that release just came in a clear plastic wallet.
Call me an old fuddy-duddy but I like to have an album cover to look at - so I bought another copy so I could admire the artwork by Horace Panter

Russell Hobbs 20441 Snowdon Kettle - 1.7 L - Brushed Stainless Steel
Russell Hobbs 20441 Snowdon Kettle - 1.7 L - Brushed Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Doing the business!, 23 Dec. 2014
Not a great fan of electric kettles - previously have been old school with Le Creuset kettles heated by gas hob.
However, during our recent kitchen extension we had to lose the hob for a month.
The Snowdon kettle has performed well so far - it boils much quicker than the old school approach and it's a bit noisier but you don't get the whistle and you don't have to switch it off.
I think we'll see how long the kettle lasts in our new before we review our gas hob preference.

GROHE 33281001 Eurosmart Kitchen Tap
GROHE 33281001 Eurosmart Kitchen Tap

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality at a great price, 23 Dec. 2014
Lovely looking tap - quality exactly as you'd expect from Hans Grohe.
Shame it's hidden from view in the utility but Amazon's very reasonable price means that even the utility gets an upgrade!
Smooth operation for both the lever and the nozzle.

Renata 371 Mercury Free 1.55v Silver Oxide Watch battery(SR920SW)
Renata 371 Mercury Free 1.55v Silver Oxide Watch battery(SR920SW)
Offered by H & A (LONDON)

4.0 out of 5 stars Plain & Simple: It's the battery I ordered at an excllent price, 16 Oct. 2014
Exactly the same battery as was in my Technomarine watch.
If it's good enough for Technomarine it's good enough for me - good price too!

Ben Sherman Men's MC10146 Tipped Pique Polo Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Bright White, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Polo for the Summer - Great Fit, 14 May 2014
Fitted as expected - the Ben Sherman XL is equivalent to a Fred Perry Large.
Great looking polo at a reasonable price

Ben Sherman Men's Woven Trimmed Pique Polo Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Bright White, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Polo but weird Sizing, 14 May 2014
Can't understand Ben Sherman's sizing policy - I normally wear a Large Fred Perry but I knew that Ben Sherman polos 'come up' a bit small.
I therefore placed an order for an XL in both the old and new Romford Polo.
The old Romford XL fits well but the new Romford XL is considerably smaller.
I therefore placed another order for an XXL in the new Romford - guess what? - it's the same dimensions of the old Romford XL and fits well.
Thankfully, Amazon offer free returns so I didn't end up paying extra for the sizing inconsistency!

At Once (Live)
At Once (Live)

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow Burner, 30 April 2014
This review is from: At Once (Live) (MP3 Download)
Only played it a couple of times but it certainly whetted my appetite for the new album that I've had on pre-order for ages and hasn't arrived yet.
Pretty laidback delivery with Edge-like guitar treatment - can imagine this will be good live at a venue - fortunately that's what I'll be doing on 11/5.

Always nice to get a freebie from someone you like/follow...

Oh Yes, It's… The Wonder Stuff [DVD]
Oh Yes, It's… The Wonder Stuff [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Wonder Stuff

4.0 out of 5 stars Tickety-boo!, 20 Mar. 2014
What an enjoyable DVD.
Miles Kane's commentary gives a great insight into the life with the band over the last few years.
Provides great vision of their promo videos. & their rehearsals and even some live footage is thrown in.
If (like me) you made the effort to catch up with the band or just Miles & Erica then the commentary has a special significance.

An altogether enjoyable watch

Trollbeads Women's Leather Bracelet, Black, 39 cm 510241
Trollbeads Women's Leather Bracelet, Black, 39 cm 510241

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing wrong with the bracelet - the description is wrong though!, 15 Mar. 2014
This item was placed under review because Amazon sent me the wrong length of bracelet....

The description says 36 cm - it's actually 39 cm long.

The last 2 digits of the item number '41' signifies that the bracelet will be 41 cm long when attached to a trollbeads lock (available separately - they allow 2cm for the lock!).
Therefore the bracelet labelled 36cm is actually 34cm and the bracelet labelled 41cm is actually 39cm.

Hope that helps everyone?

Bjorn Borg Men's Boxer Shorts Without Fly 3 Pack Black Medium
Bjorn Borg Men's Boxer Shorts Without Fly 3 Pack Black Medium
Offered by PYRMD

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Pants, 16 Jan. 2014
I liked these pants so much I bought 3 packs.
They are so comfortable and represent great value when on offer in the various lightening deals.
I think 9 pairs will keep me happy until next Black Fiday