Profile for Mr. Paul Coyne > Reviews

Content by Mr. Paul Coyne

Mr. Paul Coyne

Page: 1 | 2
Moto G 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Moto G 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by gsm m

1.0 out of 5 stars Not "Built to Last", 24 Jan. 2014
I was really pleased with this phone [mine is the 16Gb model] for all of a week until .... my phone slipped out of my pocket and landed on the ground. Result was some scuffing to the side bumper where it landed, which I'm OK with, but what I'm NOT ok with is the fact that the glass broke, with a thin line crossing from the earpiece speaker to the side of the phone. Now I bought this phone largely on the fact it has Gorilla Glass and the claims made for it on the Amazon.co.uk site, and the claim that "Moto G is built to last". Hardly true. I bought this phone to replace my ageing iPhone 3G, yet that phone had numerous accidental drops of the kind that has essentially ruined the Moto G, but the 3G hardly showed any sign of damage - in fact the iPhone 3G screen is almost as good as it was when I bought it in August 2008. Had the Moto G proven itself to be a little more robust and lived up to the "Built to last" tag, I would have unreservedly given it 5 stars for it's performance and sheer good value for money. Based on the lack of robustness however, the Moto G can only be seen as poor value versus the iPhone as I can see it needing to be replaced several times over to last the same as the iPhone. It is as usual a case of you get what you pay for, and if you pay a fraction [just under 1/3] of the price of an iPhone, then just don't expect it to be in the same league for robustness of manufacture. I am doubly disappointed because I have a soft spot for Motorola who used to manufacture processors for pre-Intel Macs.Moto G 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - BlackMoto G 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2014 12:11 PM GMT

Mulligan Meets Monk - 1957 (Original Jazz Sound)
Mulligan Meets Monk - 1957 (Original Jazz Sound)

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong artwork, 7 Jan. 2014
Really disappointed that the artwork shown for the album when bought as MP3 was NOT downloaded with the audio - instead I get completely different artwork. I cannot work out what is going wrong with Amazon as I have also found that in Amazon Cloud Player a number of albums I have bought are given completely different artwork, rather than that of the albums purchased.
Music is great but having the wrong artwork diminishes enjoyment.
5 stars for music brought down to a single star by Amazon technical incompetence.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2014 8:58 AM GMT

Einhell EINRTBS75 240V Belt Sander with Variable Speed Control
Einhell EINRTBS75 240V Belt Sander with Variable Speed Control
Offered by Big Red Toolbox

1.0 out of 5 stars All HELL in Einhell, 1 Oct. 2013
Looks the part BUT .... the extraction system does not extract the dust from sanding and the machine just leaves it on the surface being sanded and it stays around the belt system clogging it up. I have tried using both the collection box and using vacuum extraction - it makes no difference. I found you spend more time clearing away the dust left on the surface being sanded and clearing out the dust collected around the sanding belt mechanism than actually doing the sanding itself. If you don't clear it out the belt gets pushed out sideways. Such a pity because it looks nice, has good features [like adjustable front grip and the flip-up front cover] but it just doesn't perform properly. What use is a dust extraction system which blows a little air through, but doesn't pick the dust up ? It's almost as quick to sand by hand.
If I'd paid £10 for this at a car boot sale I'd have said "fair enough" but at this price Einhell are just having a laugh.

New Ceremony
New Ceremony

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the guitar, 23 Nov. 2012
This review is from: New Ceremony (MP3 Download)
Reminds me just a little of bands like Keane, without the obvious poshness. There's also something about it which reminds me of "I only want to be with you" by Dusty Springfield.

Replacement Foam Earpads 6 PACK for Sennheiser PX100 / PMX100 / PMX 60 II / PMX200 / PX200 / PXC150 / PXC250 / Sony MDR 410 / Panasonic / Philips Also Compatible With Most Other Headphones / Earphones / Headsets (50mm Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the price, 23 Nov. 2012
These earpads are not manufactured to the highest quality, but then that is reflected in the price.
I am more than satisfied with them because they have given a new lease of life to my Sennheiser PX100's.
It's too early to know whether these will last longer than the original earpads, which simply disintegrated [I hadn't used mine anywhere near as much as most people would]. Whichever way you look at it they're much cheaper than buying a new pair of headphones.

Subway
Subway

5.0 out of 5 stars Oooh a lovely song, 23 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Subway (MP3 Download)
We seem to be blessed with so many good singer / songwriters right now. Make the most of it. This may be similar in many ways to so many other artists, yet there is something really distinctive about Symon James' voice.
This seems to be one of those "love at first sight" and unrequited love songs, and I absolutely love it. I can connect to that emotion and well remember the feeling, that very good feeling, and this song delivers it in abundance.
This is a song that absolutely anybody should be able to identify with.

Someone
Someone

4.0 out of 5 stars Search no more, 23 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Someone (MP3 Download)
The sentiment of this song will resonate with many. "I'm searching for someone" but "I've got somewhere to go".
If you're between relationships or whatever, you might well identify with this track. It reminds me of Bridget Jones for some reason, but I just can't remember whose voice this reminds me of.
For some this could be their anthem.

Pretty Pictures
Pretty Pictures

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Wonderful, 23 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Pretty Pictures (MP3 Download)
This starts like something on a crackly old radio, for just a moment, then kicks right in with the most wonderful delivery. This track impressed me so much that I immediately went to the group's website and listened to the rest of the album. Now I didn't like every single track at the outset, but there is some absolutely amazing stuff and it's definitely worth getting, this is not the best track on the album by any means.
I love it. You try it. You won't regret it.

Invisible
Invisible

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy 5 stars, 23 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Invisible (MP3 Download)
I much prefer this to "A face like that". It is still unmistakably the Pet Shop Boys, nobody could mistake those vocals. But this is on a totally different level, and by that I mean a higher level. Yes there are overtones, or undertones of earlier works, but there is a depth which totally absorbs you. It's one of those tracks which is ideal in the sun with the warmth penetrating your whole body, the waves rolling in the background. "It's a journey so they say". This most certainly is. It's just a pity when it ends, but then you can play it over again.

Marilyn
Marilyn

5.0 out of 5 stars As stylish as the artwork, 23 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Marilyn (MP3 Download)
This hooks you in from the start very much like some older Goldfrapp tracks did. You know from the outset that it's going to be good, it doesn't disappoint, and it gets better when you get to know the track.
There are subtle overtones of some old Kate Bush tracks, but that is no bad thing.
There are some touches of Björk's use of unusual sounds or voices as instruments. Complex, interesting, rewarding.

Page: 1 | 2