Profile for Nick Kennerley > Reviews

Content by Nick Kennerley

Nick Kennerley (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Black Case Logic QHDC-101 Hard Drive Case
Black Case Logic QHDC-101 Hard Drive Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 28 Feb. 2015
Practical and holds the cable too. Perfect for the job.

Anker High Definition (HD) Screen Protector for iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 [3-Pack] Xtreme Scratch Defender Ultra Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 5 Mar. 2014
It's hard to get excited about a screen protector, but then again if you want to buy one, and you are looking for favourable reviews, then indeed here is one.

It's easy to apply - make sure you are not in a hurry and you are sitting at a desk or a table.

It does the job well. An iPhone needs a cover and a screen protector, because no matter how careful you, it is bound to get scratched - so protect it at all times.

I can't remember how many there are in the pack, but nearly six months down the road, I'm only on my second screen protector.

A definite plus - you don't actually notice it on your iPhone. Well done, Anker!

Dominica (Bradt Travel Guides)
Dominica (Bradt Travel Guides)
by Paul Crask

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential part of you luggage, 5 Mar. 2014
An island like Dominica is not a place that is well documented. You have to do your research in advance to make the most out of a holiday there. And this is where Paul Crask's excellent guide comes in.

In fact it's far more than a guide - it's very much like having Paul himself on hand to make your holiday perfect. Sight seeing, eating, sleeping - Paul has all the top tips. There are some very clear maps, and we would never have been able to hike so well without Paul's description of some of the more imaginative off beat trails that we explored. He's so honest and amusing with it.

Paul is well known on the island. We actually met the man who is responsible for all the restoration work on the fort in Portsmouth, and he was pleased to see us carrying Paul's guide instead of the local handout at the entrance which is designed to get you lost!

Thank you Paul for making our holiday - and thanks for being on hand all day every day.

If you are going to Dominica, you need this with your passport, camera and money. Little else matters.

Dominica: Nature Island of the Caribbean - Second Edition
Dominica: Nature Island of the Caribbean - Second Edition
by Arif Ali

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book for lovers of the most beautiful island in the Caribbean, 5 Mar. 2014
I think I've said it all in the title. Buying a book like this when you are on holiday is a real pain - it's heavy and usually costs a fortune. We had this sitting at home immediately on our return form Dominica, and it immediately brought back memories of one of the best holidays we have ever had.

It's packed with glorious photos of this beautiful island, and it's a good read too.

It's a few years old now and could probably do with a slight revision - but then again nothing on Dominica changes that quickly. If you love Dominica, then you'll love this.

Dominica (Other Places Travel Guide)
Dominica (Other Places Travel Guide)
by Anna McCanse

4.0 out of 5 stars Written by someone who knows their stuff, 5 Mar. 2014
Highly recommended by someone who really knows Dominica really well. It's a good read and packed with useful information. Many of the maps are also very helpful - it's so easy to get lost in Dominica as there are virtually no signposts!

My wife and I explored most of the island on our recently holiday there, and we didn't go anywhere without our two guidebooks. We used this in conjunction with Paul Crask's Brandt guide, and we had all the information we needed for a perfect holiday.

It's brilliant on places to stay and eat.

It probably needs a little updating - as the storms and the economy have removed many of Dominica's "attractions" including the ziplining and the aerial tramway.

Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case with Cover for iPhone 5 - Black
Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case with Cover for iPhone 5 - Black
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars A snappy little hard case to protect your iPhone 5, 18 April 2013
I really like this, because your iPhone 5 is protected on all sides. This is my second case, because sadly my iPhone has been dropped a few times accidentally. The phone is fine, but my first case gave up its ghost, and I had to buy a new one. It arrived in 2 days. I couldn't ask for more, and it was much cheaper than in the shops. Do check that you are buying the snap case with the cover. There are other versions of this case without the cover, but I don't see the point of that.

TP-LINK TL-PA211 AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Single Pack
TP-LINK TL-PA211 AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Single Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars for service!, 9 April 2013
Ten out of ten to the team at Wiziwoo. for helping me get my three TP Links working.

Confusingly I now have two Mini Powerline adapters and one Nano Powerline adapter. The Nanos are smaller and newer, and they ARE compatible with the Minis. They don't look the same, but the model numbers are the same.

Could I pair them properly? Quite simply, no. I managed to get two working, but not the third. In desperation I phoned Wiziwoo, and Ben helped me out. The best thing to do is to foregt the button pressing and download the Powerline Utility, plug one end of the enclosed Ethernet cable into your computer and the other into the adapter (plugged into the mains) and click on "reset local device". Do the same for all your adapters, and hey presto they will all talk to each other.

My main Virgin Media hub is upstairs in the study, where I have the first adapter plugged into the mains. I have a second one for my Smart TV as well as a booster hub the wifi, and the third one is another room downstairs, allowing me to hardware a laptop into it giving me 100Mbs.

Don't be frightened of calling Ben at Wiziwoo. He'll guide you through setting these devices up properly. Once you've done it, you then have internet heaven around your whole house.

JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed full of quality for under a tenner!, 9 April 2013
Quite simply you could pay a lot more for these quality headphones. I use them to listen to music or broadcasts in the gym, in my iPhone, to hear the audio when I'm filming with my camera, and to listen to videos and music on my computer. They are great, and what's more they come in a useful little plastic case too!

Life In A Beautiful Light
Life In A Beautiful Light
Offered by musicMagpie

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great album from Amy, 18 Feb. 2013
I can't fault the album at all. It's another great collection from the superbly talented Amy MacDonald. However I bought the Special Edition, which comes with acoustic and different versions of some of the songs on the album, and I rather regret it. Yes the tracks are very pleasant, but actually I am enjoying the finished product at the moment and don't really want the stripped back versions. So why did I buy this version and not the normal one? To be honest, I'm not sure. I believe I was expecting something that isn't here. The polished final version of the album is enough. If you are looking for extra ditties from Amy, I suggest you buy "A Curious Thing" Special Edition, which comes with Amy plus orchestra in concert in Luxembourg. Now that is truly brilliant.

A Curious Thing - Special Orchestral Edition
A Curious Thing - Special Orchestral Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this even if you already own "A Curious Thing"!, 18 Feb. 2013
I have to confess I am a great fan of Amy MacDonald and have been listening to her music for a few years now. She is definitely one of the biggest talents to emerge in recent years! Yet I had no idea that this recording of a concert with orchestra was available. It's from a gig recorded in Luxembourg on 17th October 2010 with the Deutsche Radio Philharmonic conducted bu Gast Waltzing, who also arranged and orchestrated the songs. There's some great stuff on here, all beautifully done - as if the songs had always meant to have been played with an orchestra. If you're an Amy MacDonald fan, this is an essential addition to your collection - even if you already own "A Curious Thing" it's well worth buying for the concert alone. Amy, please do this again, because I would love to see you performing live with an orchestra.

Page: 1 | 2