ARRAY(0xa47d54b0)

Profile for Andrej Belousek > Reviews

Content by Andrej Belousek

Andrej Belousek (London, Prague)

Samsung S2 - 500GB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive -Snow White
Samsung S2 - 500GB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive -Snow White
Offered by TODO! TODO!
Price: 79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 29 May 2010
I'm completely satisfied with this HD. First thing I've done, I formated it to NTFS using Samsung utility from the web and I've been using it to my satisfaction since then.
NO loose connection, immediately recognized by my W/XP, briliant design and leather case!!!

Worth the money!!!

Hawaii - the Big Island Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook
Hawaii - the Big Island Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook
by Andrew Doughty

5.0 out of 5 stars The REAL guide book!! Fantastic!!, 17 Mar 2010
If you are an active holiday maker or traveller this is your book! Don't get me wrong, if you are hotel/beach person instead, you'll find this book equally useful. But before I bought this book I struggled to get decent, in-depth information especialy about hiking, mountain biking or kayaking in any other guide books.

The book I bought first was "Unofficial Guide to Hawaii" and I was deeply disappointed.
I suspect that someone just copied Hawaiian Yellow Pages and added wonderful picture of hiker on Kalalau Trail and very misleading title.

I'm a hiker, I'll be backpaking Hawaii and Kauai for about month and I found this book more then useful. It is full of maps, tips and common sense information.

Authors are keen pilots so for those wanting to stay in hotel there are tons of "real" aerial pictures of resorts.

I can fully recommend this book!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2013 9:28 PM BST

Karrimor Panther 55 - 65 Rucksack Black/Cinder
Karrimor Panther 55 - 65 Rucksack Black/Cinder

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mid-volume rucksack, 12 Feb 2010
As I was planning my trip to Hawaii, mostly hiking, I needed a rucksack where I can squeeze tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat and other camping gear plus few pieces of clothing.
I already have heavy duty 90litres rucksack which I used for mounteneering in Russia and other parts and mountains across Eastern Europe but it is about 1kg heavier than this Karrimor.
And that means e.g. 2days worth of food or more water to be carried. Besides, Hawaii is a tropical destination so you don't need warm clothes or other stuff used in cold hi-altitude areas.

So after a long search I went for this one. After I adjusted it (and cut off excess straps)
it sits perfectly. Do not underestimate it and allow yourself enough time to load it fully and
adjust it. Once you've done this it is usualy forever and you only adjust the waist and perhaps
shoulder straps.

The bottom chamber is big enough to swallow a summer-sized sleeping bag and even little bit more like Jesus sandals in my case :)

The side straps have clips so you can quickly release your walking sticks or bottle of water sitting in the side pocket.

Rucksack is supplied with rain cover which is NOT sawed in. This allow you to use new one
when it becomes leaky. Which normally occures after 2 years depending on usage.

I'm happy with it so far, however, I haven't tested it yet in tough conditions over longer period of time.

It simply feels like part of your body, which is how it should be.