Profile for Michael Carl Fisher > Reviews

Content by Michael Carl F...

Michael Carl Fisher

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Frozen
Frozen

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Disney... You've done it again, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Frozen (Audio CD)
Finally. It's been years since Disney has made an animation with catchy feel good songs that resonate. Some of the banging beats on this soundtrack are up there with the greats. After Tangled and The Princess and the Frog I was getting seriously concerned.

Tuxedo, The [DVD] [2003]
Tuxedo, The [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Jackie Chan
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars A truly terrible, brilliant movie, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Tuxedo, The [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I bought this in conjuction with Shanghai Noon and The Spy Next Door and when they arrived on the same day I locked the doors, drew the curtains and got off my nut on Chan for an entire weekend. Thinking back to that 48 hour bender I can only recall that all three were cinematic masterpieces. That being said, if like me, you ever find yourself hankering for the boy Jackie then stick to Forbidden Kingdom and Rush Hours 1 & 2.

Nintendo DS Lite Console System in Crimson Red & Black
Nintendo DS Lite Console System in Crimson Red & Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected, 10 Jun 2014
I paid what I thought was a reasonable price for a second hand DS Lite and lo and behold, that is precisely what arrived at my door (and within the quoted time bracket no less). Why buy a Nintendo DS Lite in 2014 you ask? Well, I wanted a break from X & Y but not from pokemon and decided to indulge in the nostalgic pleasures of gen 3. Of course, not long after I started the game Hoenn remakes were confirmed so I fear I'll never take on Wattson and the heroic clash for the Dynamo badge will go unfought.

The Bodyguard (Special Edition) [1992] [DVD]
The Bodyguard (Special Edition) [1992] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Costner

4.0 out of 5 stars Costner at his peak, 10 Jun 2014
If you want to see Kevin Costner put in a great performance then look no further than The Bodyguard. The main reason being that Kevin Costner is a truly terrible actor who has only acquitted himself well in perhaps three films. The good news is that this is one of those films! It's actually so good that I can only imagine that it is on the strength of this movie that he continued to have a career in acting.

Lost in Translation [DVD] [2004]
Lost in Translation [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Bill Murray
Offered by DVDBayFBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but forgettable, 1 Aug 2013
This strikes me as one of those movies that will have a really annoying 'hard core' of fans. Partly because it's directed by Sofia Coppola and she seems to attract those annoying types of people with her stuff and partly because Bill Murray's in it and he has a fan-base more irritating than Twilight does because they are both annoying AND carry an air of cultural superiority. That being said, this movie is reasonably enjoyable, oddly sweet (although some have said creepy) and not at all up it's own a***. It is still pretty bland though.

Snow White and the Huntsman [DVD] [2012]
Snow White and the Huntsman [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Kristen Stewart

4.0 out of 5 stars A personal favourite, 1 Aug 2013
Watching this movie, I'm struck by the realisation that it's not great, but I still quite like it. I love the visual style, the soundtrack and the pacing. I've never been a fan of Theron or Stewart but they do a good job in these roles. Hemsworth's Scottish accent is easily the worst thing about this film but he's charming enough to make me get over that and he seems so unselfconscious about it that it doesn't shatter my suspension of disbelief for a second.

Brick [DVD]
Brick [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Offered by DVD Overstocks

2.0 out of 5 stars overhyped, 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: Brick [DVD] (DVD)
I don't know whether I wasn't watching this in the right frame of mind or something but I just didn't get what there was to love about this movie. It was basically bang average but considering the talent in it I was expecting more. I'll watch this again in a couple years and see if my perspective's changed and I've mellowed down enough to find this a bit less boring.

Seven Psychopaths [DVD]
Seven Psychopaths [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colin Farrell

3.0 out of 5 stars Not nearly as good as the hype led me to believe, 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: Seven Psychopaths [DVD] (DVD)
I was imagining this would be something similar to In Bruges but it lacked a couple of the things that made that movie great. It was billed a black comedy, but the humour was just surrounded by character deaths and the foreboding feeling of the tough situation they were in which is not the same thing. Farrell, Rockwell and even Walken were a little off the mark in terms of their performance although Harrelson delivers well enough. The story is weak, which would be fine if the comedy was there to back it up, which it wasn't for me.

Arrested Development - Season 1-3 [DVD]
Arrested Development - Season 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Bateman

5.0 out of 5 stars If you haven't already, give this a chance, 1 Aug 2013
It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's definitely mine. It's tough to buy comedy based on reviews as it's very much a matter of personal taste but I will say that if you've not seen Arrested Development before then it's about time you give it a chance. It could become your favourite show.

The Lincoln Lawyer [DVD]
The Lincoln Lawyer [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew McConaughey

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideally I'd give this somewhere between 4 and 5 stars, 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Lincoln Lawyer [DVD] (DVD)
Really solid plot, well scripted and well acted. I was pleased that the biggest name in this movie was McCanaughey as a film like this so easily could have been given to some overrated A-lister. Phillippe puts in the best performance I can remember seeing from him and I think overall it's got good re-watch value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3