Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Portnoy's Complaint (Vintage Blue)
Portnoy's Complaint (Vintage Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Philip Roth success!, 8 Jan. 2016
This is my fourth Philip Roth and I am totally hooked. Alex Portnoy is a typical product of Jewish parents, especially his mother, who is overbearing and on the other hand some what cruel. Poor Alex can't do anything right, even though he always gets A grades at school. This book is largely written through his eyes during a visit, or several, to his Psychologist. He rants and raves and there is a lot of humour too.I haven't quite finished it yet but definitely has not disappointed. Be warned though, part of Portnoy's complaint has to do with what teenage boys do with their nether regions! Oh and his father's chronic and ever present constipation.

A Simple Act of Kindness (Kindle Single)
A Simple Act of Kindness (Kindle Single)

2.0 out of 5 stars I hate being disparaging about any author but I really did ..., 10 Nov. 2015
I hate being disparaging about any author but I really did not like this book. To me it was a cross between a poor imitation of of "A Year in Provence" ( was that Peter Mayle??) and a story that might be found in Womans' Own or some such magazine. Boring, repetitive and completely predictable. Nuff said. Apologies to those readers of women's magazines, nothing personal.

Introduction to Calculus and Analysis
Introduction to Calculus and Analysis
by Courant R & John F

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem!, 9 Nov. 2015
Thank you anybooks.biz for still having this book available. I sent it to a friend who is a maths freak but has no access to calculators or slide rules so found this book to be incredibly helpful. He wanted to let you know that it was in great condition and thanks you very much!

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars Please Read!!, 2 Nov. 2015
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
I haven't even finished this book yet but am loving it. It's so different, no soap opera characters, as in astronauts having affairs with each others' wives or missing their children. It is purely about Mark Watney's survival and he encounters so many obstacles on the way. Please read this book before watching the movie, it will be well worth the effort. And do not be put off by the science, you will understand it. If I can anyone can.

Ladies Women' Skechers Go Walk 2.Womens Slip On Trainer Six Colour Choice Size 3 to 8 (3, HOT PINK)
Offered by steps shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven for your tootsies!, 29 July 2015
Super super comfy! I have 3 pairs now and wear them all the time. I first ordered a size 3, which is my size normally and I subsequently have size 2's and they are not too small.

Go Set a Watchman
Go Set a Watchman

5.0 out of 5 stars Much enjoyed, well done Harper., 29 July 2015
This review is from: Go Set a Watchman (Kindle Edition)
I know some people have been disappointed, but I certainly wasn't!. Atticus Finch was only reacting to what was happening at that time in the Southern States. I loved Scout's uncle and if this were ever made into a film he would be the star turn. Also enjoyed the memories Scout had of her early years and her humour.

Dog Crazy: A Novel of Love Lost and Found
Dog Crazy: A Novel of Love Lost and Found

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 19 April 2015
A wonderful feel good book, especially if you are a dog lover. It would be perfect for the beach as it is not a challenge, but it addresses some interesting issues such as agoraphobia. Well worth a try.

Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Bath and Body Duo
Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Bath and Body Duo
Offered by Seifen Fantasie

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this duo, 20 Oct. 2014
I love this duo! The smell is wonderful and the shower gel is lathery and soft, the body lotion the same. It rubs in easily and leaves skin feeling soft and fragrant. I always love it if someone sends me a present of it

The Little Stranger
The Little Stranger

5.0 out of 5 stars I have not quite finished it yet, but it's ..., 13 Oct. 2014
I have not quite finished it yet, but it's riveting so far. A post 2nd W.W. novel about a large house near Birmingham and its inhabitants. A certain amount of Stephen King creepiness has set in and I have no idea how it will end. Well worth a try and Waters writes in a clear and succinct style.

Collins Gem French Phrasebook and Dicitonary (Collins Gem)
Collins Gem French Phrasebook and Dicitonary (Collins Gem)

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a gem, 27 Sept. 2014
Been going to France quite a lot recently and find this little pal a great help! Very concise and easy to follow.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4