Profile for S. R. Stone > Reviews

Content by S. R. Stone

S. R. Stone "yolanda624" (uk)

The Museum of Extraordinary Things
The Museum of Extraordinary Things
by Alice Hoffman

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 6 April 2015
So disappointed with this book. I read reviews and synopsis and was really excited to delve into New York 1900s. But all I got was ridiculous prose, stilted speech, a completely unbelievable love story and stupid deaths and sexual exploitation that didn't have much point other than to try shock the reader. Also, the so called murder mystery wasn't thought out or properly reasoned. Again, I can't get over how awful it was. I wish to never feel like this after reading a book ever again!

Cat out of Hell
Cat out of Hell
by Lynne Truss

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst books i've ever read and i've read a lot!!!!, 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Cat out of Hell (Hardcover)
Absolutely hated this book. I love all sorts of genres but this was truly stupid, the story didn't make sense, the author jumped around with no coherent structure. Hard to read at times. She had unreliable narrators so I get she's trying to get old/mad across but it was just poorly done. Some really gruesome, horrible scenes, (pit of cats slowly dying, a woman locked in a cellar scratching at the wall for days her dead dog next to her eaten by rats) there should he a warning, it's really disturbing. The story itself was so ridiculous, especially near the end, it didn't truly explain itself and then just stole a sherlock ending...I just can't get over enough how rubbish this book was and how much I hated it!!!!

An Officer and a Gentlewoman: The Making of a Female British Army Officer
An Officer and a Gentlewoman: The Making of a Female British Army Officer
by Heloise Goodley

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't think it deserves all the praise..., 18 Aug. 2013
I feel bad writing this because of all the hype surrounding this book. I decided to give it a go after my friend got into sandhurst and I wanted to see what she was in for. However, I was disappointed and left wishing I hadn't bothered. Yes this book is derived from a diary but I don't see why it couldn't be formatted better. It is an easy read but all the grammatical errors and sentence structures become annoying very quickly. You can also easily tell which bits have been added in at a later date as they don't quite gel in style with the rest. The book is not a story but am account of what happens, there is not much depth at all and th is both a pro anda con. I couldn't finish the book, it got very tedious and hard going, due to the repetition of the military tasks etc. I also didn't find the author at all likeable. Sorry!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2014 2:09 PM GMT

Doctor Who - Series 3 Vol.1 [2007] [DVD] [2005]
Doctor Who - Series 3 Vol.1 [2007] [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ David Tennant
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for Tennant, 2 for Freema, 22 April 2007
Doctor Who series 3...Well, as usual David Tennant is absolutly fantastic. He shows emotion and depth aswell as the detatchment that is needed from someone that isn't human.

However, i don't know why people are raving about Martha(Freema). Sometimes shes ok, but most the time, i find her incredibly irritating. She is meant to be clever, so why doesn't ahe act it. When she first sees the tardis and when she steps into Shakespeares time, her acting is horrendous!!! Why did Billie Piper leave? Also i'm glad the doctor doesn't fall in love again, it creates an interesting new dynamic and doesn't make me hate Martha even more. The writers are really clever in creating the unrequited love storyline with Martha.

Buffy Duvet Cover Set
Buffy Duvet Cover Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, 4 Jun. 2004
This duvet is very comfy and has a lovely design. This is great for fans,children and adults. If you are a fanatic of buffy, then this is essential.