Profile for Steve Fox > Reviews

Content by Steve Fox

Steve Fox

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Work Boots, 10 Jun. 2014
For the price, these boots are great value - very comfortable and flexible, I will be buying a second pair just as a back-up! Why pay more just to get a brand label..........

Hama IR200 Internet Radio (discontinued by manufacturer)
Hama IR200 Internet Radio (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Alternative to DAB, 7 Jun. 2014
As we are moving to France, I had to find an alternative as DAB doesn't work there and I can't be without a radio in the house! I was tempted by Pure as I had one of their DAB tuners, but the Hama seemed a better bet for me as a wireless internet device, and haven't been disappointed.

It was easy to set up and use once I got used to the My media U, which was a pain to set up on my home PC. Adding stations was easy and the range available was all I had expected and more.

Sound quality is almost as good as my previous Pure tuner, and the radio connects to my wireless signal in all rooms in the house.

In summary it is good it is good value, compact, easy to use, and produces a decent punchy sound.

TomTom GO LIVE 820 4.3" Sat Nav with Europe Maps (45 Countries)
TomTom GO LIVE 820 4.3" Sat Nav with Europe Maps (45 Countries)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 4 April 2014
I bought the Tom Tom as I had a temporary company car which didn't have a built in GPS. It took some time for initial setup whilst connected to my PC, but since then it has been faultless. Several drives down through France and Germany have been easy anf in the UK it picks up traffic problems early and suggests alternative routes (although I don't always accept the proposed faster route). The display is large and clear and the lane markings are useful particularly at complex junctions. It doesn't hold its charge for very long, so I have to leave it plugged in to the 12V socket in the car, despite my dislike of trailing cables. When I'm in France, I leave it attached to the windscreen, but would never do this in the UK!! The car doesn't have a hands free facility for my mobile, so I am having to use the TomTom hands free facility. This is the one aspect of the product that I'm not impressed with, as the volume doesn't have sufficient range to hear incoming calls clearly, but it does pick up my phone book automatically and was easy to pair with my iPhone and my wife's Samsung Galaxy. It failed to pair with an old Blackberry. Overall, it has been (so far) very reliable, easy to get updates and easy to use. Just a shame that I don't have the confidence to leave it on show in the car here in the UK, and this is where a built-in GPS will always be a first choice for me when choosing a car.

Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU
Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU

5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair PSU - Highly Recommended, 4 April 2014
I purchased this as a replacement and a power upgrade for my sons gaming PC. It is solidly built, was very easy to fit, had all the connectors we needed and it quiet in operation. It certainly keeps his PC cooler than the previous unit. Highly recommended - does exactly what I hoped for!

France 2014 A4 Spiral Atlas (Michelin Tourist and Motoring Atlases)
France 2014 A4 Spiral Atlas (Michelin Tourist and Motoring Atlases)
by Michelin Maps & Guides
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars France 2014 Atlas - Very Good Value, 4 April 2014
Clear presentation and plenty of useful detail. My only concerns are the plastic spiral binding which I think may break in time, and also with the large number of pages and the weight of the atlas, its easy to tear a page in use. Overall, very good value for money.