Profile for pleasance > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
How to be a Tudor: A Dawn-to-Dusk Guide to Everyday Life
How to be a Tudor: A Dawn-to-Dusk Guide to Everyday Life

5.0 out of 5 stars An engaging read, 2 Jan. 2016
The is such an engaging book. Ruth Goodnan write from personal experience of many pf the crafts described which makes her descriptions very vivid. The fine detail of how to bake bread in a bread oven or roast meat in front of a fire is riveting. Her firsthand experience is backed up by evidence from documents and from detailed study of clothing and other artifacts. As well as being an enjoyable read I can imagine this book being of use to teachers or re-enacters.

Anker SoundCore (6W Dual-Driver Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Superior Clear Stereo Sound and Groundbreaking 24-Hour Playtime) Bluetooth 4.0 Portable Wireless Speaker with Ultra Low Harmonic Distortion, Enhanced Bass Response and Built-in Microphone for Calls - Black
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good product, poor instructions, 29 Dec. 2015
This is really easy to use, however the instructions are printed in microscopic print, which is trying. Useful to know that you can find them on the internet too. Also they are rather brief; I didn't at first realise that you have to press and hold the on button to start the speaker, because the instructions don't tell you this. Having found that out, I found it really really easy to use with good sound quality.

The River Cottage Curing and Smoking Handbook
The River Cottage Curing and Smoking Handbook
by Steven Lamb

3.0 out of 5 stars American Edition!, 10 July 2015
This is the American edition of the book. It has pounds and cups as well as metric measures on all recipes. I am not sure how the text differs from the British edition, but it is different, because there is a note in the back saying that they have tried to keep the style of the original.

Karcher WV2 Premium 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner
Karcher WV2 Premium 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but makes cleaning very easy, 29 May 2015
This certainly makes cleaning windows easy and fast. I tried it on some really dirty windows and it got them really clean and smear-free much quicker than I would have managed without it. However the sprayer drips a lot which left me with a wet hand and made using it unpleasant. Also the vac does leave smears; however careful I was, it was impossible to leave the window without at least one smear where I lifted the vac the last time. I found however that a quick wipe with a dry cloth got rid of that. So overall I'm glad I got it, but wish the sprayer did not drip.The reservoir looks small, but there is very little water on the window to suck up, so it is not going to need emptying often.

Master of Crows
Master of Crows

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story - recommended, 10 April 2015
This review is from: Master of Crows (Kindle Edition)
I really loved this book. It's a great story and the main characters are brilliant, especially Martise. Draven has created a really solid world without needing to go into great detail.

Entreat Me
Entreat Me

4.0 out of 5 stars Went on too long, 10 April 2015
This review is from: Entreat Me (Kindle Edition)
I found this book a bit disappointing, because I had previously read Master of Crows which was fantastic and this one wasn't nearly as good. the drama just went on too long, i began to get bored with reading about how awful it was and how much they all suffered. i was rather glad when Something Even Worse happened as it meant we were finally going to get a resolution. another problem was the amount of damage the main characters seemed able to sustain and still get up and carry on; it just became too unreal. Yes I know its fantasy, but I do like to feel the people are real, not cartoon characters who bounce back regardless.

Thorn
Thorn

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 10 April 2015
This review is from: Thorn (Kindle Edition)
I really loved this book! Good story, real-feeling characters, well written - everything I want. In addition there is depth to the story. I liked the way Thorn tries to work out what justice really means; there was a real moral dimension to this book, but nothing heavy - it's a pacy story which I raced through. I am looking forawrd to rereading it.

The Sin Eater's Daughter
The Sin Eater's Daughter

3.0 out of 5 stars Starts well, then gets tedious, 10 April 2015
I didn't enjoy this book. It's well written and has an intriguing plot, but there was something about the tone of it that I didn't like. And then I started to get fed up with Twylla and her endless angsting about what was happening. Without giving anything away, I found the ending unsatisfactory and the way the main characters behaved unbelievable. As another reviewer has commented, there is a Mills and Boon quality to the book

The Leftovers Handbook: A-Z of Every Ingredient In Your Kitchen with Inspirational Ideas For Using Them
by Suzy Bowler

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful!, 10 May 2014
I love this book. In addition to being clearly set out in alphabetical order and having good ideas for using up a huge range of food, it has tips for cooking and for each ingredient a list of things that go well with it. I have used it a lot since I got it.

Royal Canin Feline Renal Alutray Chicken
Royal Canin Feline Renal Alutray Chicken

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok in time, 10 May 2014
It took time to get my cat accustomed to it, but she then ate it and seems to like it. I found the trick (suggested by the vet) is to mix a little hot water with it and work the food into a paste.

Page: 1 | 2