Profile for Blademan > Reviews

Content by Blademan

Blademan (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
NEW BICYCLE REPAIR WORK STAND NEW DESIGN WITH QUICK RELEASE HANDLE AND CLAMP HOME CYCLE BIKE MECHANICS MOUNTAIN ROAD PROFESSIONAL code ; A146
Offered by D Pro Tools UK
Price: 27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A steal at that price. A must buy!, 5 Aug 2014
For 31 delivered I wasn't expecting much at all but off I trotted with my parcel card to the village post office to collect it. I thought about taking my mate's 18 month old son to carry it for me thinking it'd be made of thin plastic and be very light for that price. I picked the box up and was pleasantly surprised that I needed 2 hands.
On opening the box I couldn't believe what I saw. Very thick metal tubing and an item that was assembled in seconds needing no instructions really. They are provided but not necessary.
It is amazing how they can manufacture this and ship it for that price. It is very sturdy and the level of thought has even gone down to putting grooves in the clamp for cables to run through. The extra arm to stop the handlebars moving around is a great addition.
I know places like Aldi and Lidl are knocking stands out for 20 but spend the extra 11 and get this. The ability to have the bike clamped tight at any angle without affecting stability is excellent.

Added Time: Surviving Cancer, Death Threats and the Premier League
Added Time: Surviving Cancer, Death Threats and the Premier League
by Mark Halsey
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 5 Aug 2014
According to my Mrs this is a fantastic book and not only depicts the career of one of the greatest referees, but the internal struggle against the politics and hierarchy of refereeing. A great insight into what we don't see on Sky Sports!

Compressport R2 Race & Recovery Calf Guards - Black - T3
Compressport R2 Race & Recovery Calf Guards - Black - T3
Offered by RecoSports
Price: 26.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of kit, 8 Jun 2014
After straining my left calf fell running for the second time I needed to make sure it didn't happen again. I'd only rested 3 weeks but wanted to do a fell race. I read a load of reviews, trail runner being the most informative, and these came top. As soon as I put them on I felt confident to go running. They fully support the calf and I had no problems at all. They are supposed to speed up the blood flow through the leg muscles improving oxygen supply and recovery by shifting lactic acid quicker than without them. They are very well made and well worth the cash.

Kodak PlaySport Zx5 Full HD 1080P,  Waterproof, Dustproof and Shockproof - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Kodak PlaySport Zx5 Full HD 1080P, Waterproof, Dustproof and Shockproof - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Optimistics

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, 10 Mar 2014
This camera has been through some extreme conditions and just kept going. It's been at the top of Helvelyn in minus 15deg and worked perfectly. The image quality is very good and so are the stills in good lighting. Only problem is that it can lock up now and then so I kept a paper clip on the strap to press the reset button.
Other than that it's very good and good value.

Love, Lipstick and Lies
Love, Lipstick and Lies
by Katie Price
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife says very good, 10 Mar 2014
Without Travis Perkins sorting her out every morning she'd frighten Shrek. Saying that Peter Andre has a lot to thank her for. Without striking up a relationship with her in the jungle, he'd be stacking shelves in Home Bargains in Adelaide!
P.S. My Mrs says its a great book and makes you feel like you're sat talking to her.

Peter Andre - the Biography
Peter Andre - the Biography
by Louise Ford
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife says brilliant!, 10 Mar 2014
I think he's a nice guy but wouldn't know a proper day's work if it jumped up and bit him. Anyway, according to my Mrs it's a brilliant book.

Salter 145 Mechanical Bathroom Scale
Salter 145 Mechanical Bathroom Scale
Offered by Harts Of Stur
Price: 21.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 10 Mar 2014
I'm sick of those digital scales where you have to take your shoes and socks off just to weigh yourself because first it fires an electronic pulse through you to estimate, very badly, your BMI.
All I wanted was a set of scales to tell me how heavy I am and these are perfect. If that's all you want then buy these!

Dexshell Thermlite waterproof and breathable stocks (Large UK 9 to 11)
Dexshell Thermlite waterproof and breathable stocks (Large UK 9 to 11)
Offered by Trail Adventure Store
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Sealskinz, 10 Mar 2014
I've had Sealskinz in the past and they aren't very durable, especially in the toe area. These look more durable and I'll be wearing them for a ultra marathon over the Pennines soon. I've worn them for a couple of wet runs and no water has got in, unlike Sealskinz!

*****Well the 32 mile ultra marathon has been done over the fells and moorlands around Todmorden, Hebden Bridge and Haworth. They felt great all the way around keeping my feet warm and dry through bogs and mud. Unfortunately, when I took my shoes off, the right big toe area had holed right through. The left one was perfect. I always wear fell running shoes a full size bigger than normal to prevent my big toe rubbing when descending steep gradients and I always keep my toe nails short with no sharp edges. Maybe 32 miles was too much! The shoes I wore were Salomon Fellraisers which do have a seam in the toe cup that they might have rubbed on. I repaired them and wore them again to run the Fairfield Horseshoe today. This time I wore Inov-8 Mudclaw 300's. They were fantastic. The summit was a foot deep in snow and it was a gale force wind with a real feel of -20 deg. My feet stayed warm and dry throughout. The Mudclaws don't have a seam in the toe cup.
These have proved well worth 20 and I'm considering buying a second pair as well as the gloves.

Kidde 7COC Carbon Monoxide Alarm 10 Year Sensor & Warranty
Kidde 7COC Carbon Monoxide Alarm 10 Year Sensor & Warranty
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket
Price: 14.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 11 Feb 2014
We have an old boiler in the house, no not a mother-in-law, and so bought this for peace of mind. It is very reliable and essential for any household with a boiler of any age or a wood burner.

Polaroid Universal Studio Octagon Soft Box Flash Diffuser for Canon EOS, Nikon,
Polaroid Universal Studio Octagon Soft Box Flash Diffuser for Canon EOS, Nikon,
Offered by Smart Shop UK
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 11 Feb 2014
I bought this to use at a late afternoon November wedding for both outside and inside photos. It worked a treat and gave a very natural diffused look to the photos. Well worth the money. It's very easy to attach to the flash gun without having to stick Velcro on like some others.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6