Profile for Blademan > Reviews

Black & Decker PW1300C 1300W Compact Pressure Washer - 110 Bar
Black & Decker PW1300C 1300W Compact Pressure Washer - 110 Bar
Offered by Power Tools Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Compact Power Washer, 24 July 2010
This is a great little power washer that doesn't let it's compact size compromise output.
I've had larger in stature ones before that don't perform as well as this. It's easy to put together and dismantle and stores away taking half the space of more popular ones.
It's perfect for car/bike washing as well as quickly eating through grime on flagstones with a wide powerful jet stream.
If you're thinking of buying a compact powerful pressure washer, then look no further!

Screen Protector for Iphone 3G and 3GS
Screen Protector for Iphone 3G and 3GS

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best iPhone Screen Protector, 24 July 2010
I bought this from Decrescent through eBay and haven't regretted it at all. I avoided the really cheap ones and decided to go for something mid priced to be on the safe side.
It is very easy to fit and comes with all the kit needed. It is hardly noticeable and friends have at first refused to believe I have a screen protector on!
It is made of a hard plastic and resists scratches and other marks.
I have had it on now for over a year and it still looks like new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 19 Mar. 2010
This is by far the best money I have spent on a piece of exercise equipment. It is very easy to build, very robust and makes an excellent alternative to running. I have used it to replace fell training sessions when I've been unable to get out. The pre programmed routines are very intense and have definitely improved my level of fitness. They are all 30 mins long and burn over 600 calories each. If you want to go at your own pace then you chose your own resistance level. I have noticed my race times coming down and I know this piece of equipment has played a part in that. If you're looking for a cross trainer around £300-£400 then this is the one to buy.

Sandisk Extreme III Compact Flash Card, 16 GB
Sandisk Extreme III Compact Flash Card, 16 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, reliable and affordable, 27 Sept. 2009
I bought this card to go with my Canon 5d mkII and have no regrets at all. I thought that I should be getting one of the more expensive super fast cards but now I know there's no need. It writes full HD movies fast and has so much room that you don't need to keep changing cards. Coupled with Sandisk's unrivaled reliability, this is a great buy!

Minwa Universal Fast Battery Charger with LCD Display for AAA/AA/C/D/PP3 Batteries

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger, well worth the money., 23 May 2009
This is a great charger and charges 2650mah AAs in about 3.5hrs. The depth of charge after that time is very good and the high drain item that I use the batteries in keeps going for far longer than expected. The reason I bought this is because my Satmap Active 10 takes 3 AA batteries and most plug-in chargers have to be loaded with either 2 or 4 batteries.
With this charger you can load any number from 1-4. After the charging light goes green the unit automatically switches to a trickle charge.
The display is clear and the discharge function is a good idea to maintain the best condition of the batteries.
The only downside is the noise of the cooling fan. If you charge batteries through the night, then just do it in a room other than the bedroom or you won't get to sleep!
The unit is so light that it will be coming on holiday with me to charge my camera batteries.
A great product and highly recommended.

Satmap Accessory Carry Case - De Luxe
Satmap Accessory Carry Case - De Luxe

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but too small., 12 April 2009
Thankfully this case came free with the Satmap Active 10. It is a struggle to get it in the case and I wouldn't want to have to try to get it out whilst on the move in a race. The case that the device comes with is a much better fit. The only good thing about the deluxe case is the zipped pocket at the front for spare batteries etc. As long as they are supplying a case with the device, then there's no need to buy this as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2009 3:00 PM BST

Satmap Regions 1:50000 Northern England
Satmap Regions 1:50000 Northern England
Offered by Satmap Systems Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough scale for fell running, 12 April 2009
This review is from: Satmap Regions 1:50000 (Sports)
I bought this with the Satmap Active 10 to use for the Wuthering Hike fell race which covers 34 miles over the Yorkshire fells. To cover the route using the 1:25,000 scale would have cost far too much so I went for the 1:50,000. I could easily plot the route using that scale and then follow it during the race. Unless you want mega detail then 1:50,000 is fine. The Northern England map that I got covers the Lake District and all the fells that I normally run on. To cover that with the 1:25,000 would cost something ridiculous. The cost of the maps is my only gripe with this system. Other than that, the whole thing is a fantastic investment.

Satmap Active 10 Handheld Monitor
Satmap Active 10 Handheld Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the investment., 7 April 2009
I bought this after much deliberation but don't regret it for a minute. I was running the Wuthering Hike Ultra Marathon on the fells of Yorkshire which covered a distance of 32 miles. Before setting off I programmed the route in using the 1:50,000 Northern England map. I found it easy to do that and to follow the route when the field thinned out and we came to trail junctions. At times there was a group of runners around me waiting for the decision as to the correct path to follow. The screen was clear and all controls very easy to use. After using up the AA lithium batteries that it came with, which lasted over 10hrs, I put in 3 AA rechargeable 2500mah batteries and got 7hrs out of those! I was going to order the battery pack but have changed my mind and have ordered 3x4 packs of duracell 2650mah for £17 from Amazon. My reason for that is in case something went wrong with the battery pack, you'd be left without any power. With batteries you can change them for spares that you'd take with you. It's a good job the deluxe case came free as I wouldn't recommend buying it as it's too tight to get the Satmap in. The case it comes with is better. I have programmed other routes in it and followed them without any problems. Mine picks the satellite signal up very quickly and maintains it even though it is in it's case in a bum-bag or pocket. This is a fantastic navigational product, the only downside being the cost of the maps, hence me buying the 1:50,000 one. That scale is fine for what I use it for.

5.0 out of 5 stars The daddy of fell running shoes!, 9 Mar. 2009
These, IMO, are the daddy of fell running shoes. They grip in all conditions and provide good forward drive when other less aggressive shoes would slip. I would recommend them for all conditions except for hard trails over long distances. They give an amazing level of support considering their light weight and they have little signs of wear on the soles after many miles of use.. I think Walsh have some serious catching up to do! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 9 Mar. 2009
These are fantastic. I have used sealskinz and the cold still got through them, but with these my feet stayed warm and dry whilst fell running through ice cold bogs. All you need is a thin pair of running socks underneath. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7