Profile for Blademan > Reviews

Satmap Accessory Carry Case - De Luxe
Offered by MARINE ELECTRONICS
Price: 22.16

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but too small., 12 April 2009
Thankfully this case came free with the Satmap Active 10. It is a struggle to get it in the case and I wouldn't want to have to try to get it out whilst on the move in a race. The case that the device comes with is a much better fit. The only good thing about the deluxe case is the zipped pocket at the front for spare batteries etc. As long as they are supplying a case with the device, then there's no need to buy this as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2009 3:00 PM BST

Satmap Regions 1:50000 Northern England
Satmap Regions 1:50000 Northern England
Price: 40.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough scale for fell running, 12 April 2009
This review is from: Satmap Regions 1:50000 (Sports)
I bought this with the Satmap Active 10 to use for the Wuthering Hike fell race which covers 34 miles over the Yorkshire fells. To cover the route using the 1:25,000 scale would have cost far too much so I went for the 1:50,000. I could easily plot the route using that scale and then follow it during the race. Unless you want mega detail then 1:50,000 is fine. The Northern England map that I got covers the Lake District and all the fells that I normally run on. To cover that with the 1:25,000 would cost something ridiculous. The cost of the maps is my only gripe with this system. Other than that, the whole thing is a fantastic investment.

Satmap Active 10 Handheld Monitor
Satmap Active 10 Handheld Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the investment., 7 April 2009
I bought this after much deliberation but don't regret it for a minute. I was running the Wuthering Hike Ultra Marathon on the fells of Yorkshire which covered a distance of 32 miles. Before setting off I programmed the route in using the 1:50,000 Northern England map. I found it easy to do that and to follow the route when the field thinned out and we came to trail junctions. At times there was a group of runners around me waiting for the decision as to the correct path to follow. The screen was clear and all controls very easy to use. After using up the AA lithium batteries that it came with, which lasted over 10hrs, I put in 3 AA rechargeable 2500mah batteries and got 7hrs out of those! I was going to order the battery pack but have changed my mind and have ordered 3x4 packs of duracell 2650mah for 17 from Amazon. My reason for that is in case something went wrong with the battery pack, you'd be left without any power. With batteries you can change them for spares that you'd take with you. It's a good job the deluxe case came free as I wouldn't recommend buying it as it's too tight to get the Satmap in. The case it comes with is better. I have programmed other routes in it and followed them without any problems. Mine picks the satellite signal up very quickly and maintains it even though it is in it's case in a bum-bag or pocket. This is a fantastic navigational product, the only downside being the cost of the maps, hence me buying the 1:50,000 one. That scale is fine for what I use it for.

Inov8 MudClaw 330 Fell Running Shoes, Size UK12
Inov8 MudClaw 330 Fell Running Shoes, Size UK12
Offered by SportsShoes Unlimited

5.0 out of 5 stars The daddy of fell running shoes!, 9 Mar 2009
These, IMO, are the daddy of fell running shoes. They grip in all conditions and provide good forward drive when other less aggressive shoes would slip. I would recommend them for all conditions except for hard trails over long distances. They give an amazing level of support considering their light weight and they have little signs of wear on the soles after many miles of use.. I think Walsh have some serious catching up to do! Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 9 Mar 2009
These are fantastic. I have used sealskinz and the cold still got through them, but with these my feet stayed warm and dry whilst fell running through ice cold bogs. All you need is a thin pair of running socks underneath. Highly recommended.

Blackstone's Police Operational Handbook
Blackstone's Police Operational Handbook
by Police National Legal Database (PNLD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 5 Oct 2006
I have bought Butterworths text books in the past but decided to go for a change. This book is well worth the money however it is far from a complete guide. I don't for one minute expect it to cover everything but the first three topics I looked for weren't in - Money Laundering, Football spectator related offences, Conspiracy. It is though a very handy book to carry with you covering points to prove, defences and practical considerations.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6