Profile for Blademan > Reviews

The Little Vampire [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Lipnicki
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Entertaining, 18 May 2013
This review is from: The Little Vampire [DVD] (DVD)
My 6yr old nephew has a bit of a thing for vampires so he loved this film. I've lost count how many times he's watched it.

Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Digital Camera with 50x Ultra Wide Angle 24-1200mm Lens (12.1 MP, 50x Zoom) 2.8 inch Vari-angle LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars The best bridge has just got better!, 14 Feb. 2013
I've had nearly every SX bridge camera in the Canon series and, except for the disastrous SX1, this is head and shoulders above the rest. Canon have really produced something amazing with this one. The zoom is outrageous and produces excellent quality pictures right through to the top end of the zoom.
I've always like the way Canon's digital cameras produce natural colours and don't over process in the camera. The quality of the photos this produces are of very high quality, sharp and natural with good exposure in even tricky situations.
I also have a G15 and, other than in low light with ISO's above 800, the SX50 produces pictures of equal quality.
If you want a single camera that can master all situations and give you a zoom range that replaces a full kit bag then this is it.
The movie quality is superb. Watching full HD movies straight out of the camera through a good quality HDMI lead and on a HD TV is like watching a HD TV channel. It is crisp and crystal clear with very fine detail. It's like looking through a window!
As you can guess by now I love it. If you're in the market for a bridge camera then look no further. Buy it!

SanDisk SDSDX-032G-X46 Extreme SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card up to 45 MB/s read - 32 GB
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 Feb. 2013
Great card with all the quality and reliability that you want from an SD card. Sandisk lead the way and I won't trust any others. Highly recommended.

SanDisk Ultra SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card up to 30 MB/s read - 32 GB
SanDisk Ultra SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card up to 30 MB/s read - 32 GB
Offered by DigiBits

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual Sandisk Quality, 14 Feb. 2013
I have used Sandisk SD and Compact Flash cards for years now and they've never let me down. This Ultra card was bought to use with a Kodak Playsport ZX5 and has proved perfect. It is capable of recording full HD and playing back without any problems. Highly recommended.

Neewer Nb-6L Replacement Battery For Canon Powershot Cameras
Neewer Nb-6L Replacement Battery For Canon Powershot Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 5 Jan. 2013
I'd heard a lot of warnings about compatible batteries but this must be the exception. Just as good as the original.

BAXXTAR II black Digital Camera Bag Case for -- Canon PowerShot SX170 SX160 G15 -- Nikon Coolpix P7100 -- Samsung EX1 EX2F Samsung GALAXY Camera
Offered by Bundlestar*

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, 5 Jan. 2013
I bought this to use with my G15 Canon. It fits snug without being tight, has plenty padding for protection and pockets for spare batteries, SD cards etc without being too bulky.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2013 4:13 PM BST

Canon Power Shot G15 Camera - Black (28mm Wide Lens,12MP) 3.0 inch LCD FHD
Canon Power Shot G15 Camera - Black (28mm Wide Lens,12MP) 3.0 inch LCD FHD

5.0 out of 5 stars SLR Quality Images, 5 Jan. 2013
I've missed the G series since selling my G9 a few years ago. I own a 5D MKII and use 'L' series lenses on it. As a second and third camera I've been using the SX series from 210, 220, 10, 40, 260 and so on. I decided to back to the G series and didn't fancy the G1X as the dpreview.com test didn't convince, mainly over focus speed.
I bit the bullet and bought the G15. No regrets whatsoever!
The build quality is superb and the ergonomics is very well thought out. I can see why Canon ditched the articulated screen to keep the thickness down but it is something I've taken advantage of on my SX40. There has been some criticism over moving the ISO from a dedicated dial to the menu screen and replacing it with an exposure compensation dial. The superb way that the processor handles grain, reducing it right down up to high ISO's, means that auto gives great results so there's less need to manually alter it.
Exposure compensation is something you'd be more likely to manually control now that grain is handled better.
I've taken side by side pictures with the G15 and SX40 and 260 and the G15 is streets ahead in controlling purple fringing. It's very obvious on the SX series especially in high contrast edges but eliminated altogether on the G15.
The images produced are sharp, detailed and natural. You have to zoom right in to notice the difference between the G15 and images produced from one of my L series lenses.
The video quality is very good but 99% of my usage is stills.
It shares the same battery as my SX40 and battery life is very good.
In conclusion, a super camera, well built, great natural images and the perfect compliment to an SLR kit.
If you're pondering then don't waste any more time.......buy it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2013 7:44 PM BST

Bose ® AE2 Audio Headphones - Black
Bose ® AE2 Audio Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 3 Sept. 2012
I've spent nearly 12 months researching different headphones and thinking "can I justify spending so much on a pair of headphones?" Well in simple terms, yes I can. I don't regret parting with over £110 on these as the quality is fantastic. I used to have a pair of decent Sony ones until I left them on a plane last year that I thought produced quality sound. With these I'm hearing instruments that I hadn't heard before!
The range is superb with great high notes as well as great base. At first I was looking for these noise cancelling ones until I read about them chopping frequencies out of the music. They work by cutting certain frequencies associated with background noise. That's great if your music doesn't contain them as well.
I tried those Beats that everyone's raving about at the moment but they're obviously popular because celebrities are seen with them and not for the quality. Not a patch on Bose at all.
If you want a quality pair of headphones and prioritise quality over fashion then don't hesitate to buy these. The 'around ear' cups are comfortable and block out background noise.

New Trent iCarrier IMP120D - (12000mAh) 5V 3A Dual USB Ports External Battery Charger/ Portable Back Up Power Bank/Power Pack Battery for iPad 4/ 3 /2, iPad mini, iPhone 5 /4S / 4, iPod Touch; Samsung Galaxy Note 2, S4/S3/S2; Google Nexus 10/7/4, HTC ONE series; LG Optimus series; Motorola Razr, Droid series; Nokia Lumia 900 / 800, Sony Xperia series, GoPro, and most 5V chargeable devices. (NEWEST VERSION, w/ Micro-USB input charge port)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Daddy!, 3 Sept. 2012
I've tried other rechargers but none come close to this. I've used it to charge my iPhone 4s up 3 times and to top up my ipad2 and it's still showing medium capacity left.
It has a great 3 light system that tells you when it's fully charged and ready, as well as how much charge is left in it. it has 2 USB outputs at 1A and 2.1A so you can trickle charge or speed charge. It's light, doesn't get warm and comes with a carry case. It's not big either so won't take up much room in a bum bag or ruck sack.
This is a must buy for anyone with a modern day big screen smart phone or someone who gets out in the wilds.
Great product at a bargain price.

Upgrade Carrying Case for Bose QC2/QC15, QC25, AE2/AE2i/AE2w, SoundTrue Around-Ear (AE), SoundTrue Around Ear 2, SoundLink Around-Ear (AE) and SoundLink Around-Ear 2 Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Protection, 3 Sept. 2012
This case fits my Bose AE2 headphones perfectly. It is very well made and provides very good protection against damage from dropping or having something dropped on them.
When you've spent so much on a set of quality headphones you'd be mad not to spend just £14 on something to protect them. They're not bulky and come with a variety of straps, a 3mm to large pin adapter as well as an aircraft adapter.
Well worth it, don't hesitate to buy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7