Profile for Blademan > Reviews

Content by Blademan

Blademan (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Canon Power Shot G15 Camera - Black (28mm Wide Lens,12MP) 3.0 inch LCD FHD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars SLR Quality Images, 5 Jan 2013
I've missed the G series since selling my G9 a few years ago. I own a 5D MKII and use 'L' series lenses on it. As a second and third camera I've been using the SX series from 210, 220, 10, 40, 260 and so on. I decided to back to the G series and didn't fancy the G1X as the dpreview.com test didn't convince, mainly over focus speed.
I bit the bullet and bought the G15. No regrets whatsoever!
The build quality is superb and the ergonomics is very well thought out. I can see why Canon ditched the articulated screen to keep the thickness down but it is something I've taken advantage of on my SX40. There has been some criticism over moving the ISO from a dedicated dial to the menu screen and replacing it with an exposure compensation dial. The superb way that the processor handles grain, reducing it right down up to high ISO's, means that auto gives great results so there's less need to manually alter it.
Exposure compensation is something you'd be more likely to manually control now that grain is handled better.
I've taken side by side pictures with the G15 and SX40 and 260 and the G15 is streets ahead in controlling purple fringing. It's very obvious on the SX series especially in high contrast edges but eliminated altogether on the G15.
The images produced are sharp, detailed and natural. You have to zoom right in to notice the difference between the G15 and images produced from one of my L series lenses.
The video quality is very good but 99% of my usage is stills.
It shares the same battery as my SX40 and battery life is very good.
In conclusion, a super camera, well built, great natural images and the perfect compliment to an SLR kit.
If you're pondering then don't waste any more time.......buy it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2013 7:44 PM BST

Bose ® AE2 Audio Headphones - Black
Bose ® AE2 Audio Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 3 Sep 2012
I've spent nearly 12 months researching different headphones and thinking "can I justify spending so much on a pair of headphones?" Well in simple terms, yes I can. I don't regret parting with over £110 on these as the quality is fantastic. I used to have a pair of decent Sony ones until I left them on a plane last year that I thought produced quality sound. With these I'm hearing instruments that I hadn't heard before!
The range is superb with great high notes as well as great base. At first I was looking for these noise cancelling ones until I read about them chopping frequencies out of the music. They work by cutting certain frequencies associated with background noise. That's great if your music doesn't contain them as well.
I tried those Beats that everyone's raving about at the moment but they're obviously popular because celebrities are seen with them and not for the quality. Not a patch on Bose at all.
If you want a quality pair of headphones and prioritise quality over fashion then don't hesitate to buy these. The 'around ear' cups are comfortable and block out background noise.

New Trent iCarrier IMP120D - (12000mAh) 5V 3A Dual USB Ports External Battery Charger/ Portable Back Up Power Bank/Power Pack Battery for iPad 4/ 3 /2, iPad mini, iPhone 5 /4S / 4, iPod Touch; Samsung Galaxy Note 2, S4/S3/S2; Google Nexus 10/7/4, HTC ONE series; LG Optimus series; Motorola Razr, Droid series; Nokia Lumia 900 / 800, Sony Xperia series, GoPro, and most 5V chargeable devices. (NEWEST VERSION, w/ Micro-USB input charge port)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Daddy!, 3 Sep 2012
I've tried other rechargers but none come close to this. I've used it to charge my iPhone 4s up 3 times and to top up my ipad2 and it's still showing medium capacity left.
It has a great 3 light system that tells you when it's fully charged and ready, as well as how much charge is left in it. it has 2 USB outputs at 1A and 2.1A so you can trickle charge or speed charge. It's light, doesn't get warm and comes with a carry case. It's not big either so won't take up much room in a bum bag or ruck sack.
This is a must buy for anyone with a modern day big screen smart phone or someone who gets out in the wilds.
Great product at a bargain price.

Carrying Case for Bose AE2, AE2i, AE2w and SoundTrue Around-Ear Headphones
Carrying Case for Bose AE2, AE2i, AE2w and SoundTrue Around-Ear Headphones
Offered by HeadphoneMate UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Protection, 3 Sep 2012
This case fits my Bose AE2 headphones perfectly. It is very well made and provides very good protection against damage from dropping or having something dropped on them.
When you've spent so much on a set of quality headphones you'd be mad not to spend just £14 on something to protect them. They're not bulky and come with a variety of straps, a 3mm to large pin adapter as well as an aircraft adapter.
Well worth it, don't hesitate to buy!

Binatone Terrain 750 Twin Walkie Talkie
Binatone Terrain 750 Twin Walkie Talkie

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable Quality!, 29 July 2012
I would give these 6 stars if I could, they should be twice the price.
I've been pondering over some two way radios for a while to save roaming charges abroad. We often go away with another couple who stay in a different apartment or hotel and can rack up some ridiculous charges sending texts and calling to arrange meeting up places and times. Also if the women folk go off mindless shopping whilst the men pass the time sat in bars, you can keep each other up to date with movements etc.
The deciding event was the National 3 Peaks which was completed this weekend. I read some reviews and settled on these but thought I wouldn't get much for £40 but they'd do. How wrong I was!
Set off from Ben Nevis Inn with one handset leaving the other with Dave the support driver. Line of sight went out of the window after only a few hundred yards and 1.5 miles in and numerous ridges and hills in the way I tried Dave. Clear as a bell he came back. At 4 miles in and 4000ft up I tried again thinking "no way".They're advertised at 8km range but I expected that would be line of sight in perfect conditions. Again clear as bell Dave came back. I only lost him right at the top where it levels out. Awesome performance.
Scafell next in thick mist at 2am and again they transmitted and received almost up to the summit. Snowdon next and worked fine just up to 100yds from the top. All 3 peaks were in thick cloud with driving rain so I had the handset in a snap bag, which didn't affect sound quality at all. Dropped it on some rocks but they're robust enough to keep working faultlessly.
Overall if you're looking for some two way radios under £50 then look no further. It's almost criminal that these are going for £40 and not more.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2012 9:23 AM GMT

Canon Powershot SX260 HS Digital Camera - Black (12.1 MP, 20x Optical Zoom) 3.0 Inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars What Next?, 25 Jun 2012
How far can this size of camera go! The build quality is excellent, much more robust than my previous SX220, and the 20x optical zoom is outrageous in a camera this size. Packed full of features with manual control if you want to take over. Took it to the Isle of Man TT this year and the 10fps burst at full quality gave good results even with the bikes coming towards or going away from the camera. With a constant radius, eg in the inside of a bend, the results would've been excellent. Pop up flash is weak and only useful as a fill-in or with subjects no further than 6ft away.
The overall image quality is excellent with good natural colours and saturation SOOC. Handles grain well even at higher ISOs but a bit of purple fringing is apparent with high contrast edges. For a camera at this level and price bracket it's a great travel and everyday camera.
Not used the full hd video much but from the short clips I've done it's excellent with hardly any zoom noise.
Overall I'd strongly recommend this camera.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2012 6:36 PM GMT

Ex-Pro High Power NB-6L NB6L 2 Year Warranty Replacement Lithium Li-on Digital Camera Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Why buy an original?, 25 Jun 2012
This is a great alternative to the original. Takes the same time to charge up and lasts just as long in the camera. Well worth buying as an emergency back up battery.

Nowhere Man
Nowhere Man
by Sheila Quigley

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Nowhere Man (Paperback)
According to my sister-in-law, who asked me to order this for her, it's a great book. Not my cup of tea though!

iPhone 4/4S screen protector guard 6 in 1 pack
iPhone 4/4S screen protector guard 6 in 1 pack
Offered by Terrapin Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the cash, 17 Feb 2012
Excellent quality. The first one went straight on with no bubbles. 2 months down the line and it's still looking good.

Fashion Angels Make Up and Hair Design Portfolio Sketchbook
Fashion Angels Make Up and Hair Design Portfolio Sketchbook
Offered by Tullabeg Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars My god daughter loves it!, 15 Jan 2012
I bought this as a Christmas present for my 6 yr old god daughter. She loves it and has almost used up all the templates. A great idea for a young girl who loves being creative.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6