Profile for Blademan > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Ring RAC635 Preset Digital Air Compressor with LED Light, 12 V
Ring RAC635 Preset Digital Air Compressor with LED Light, 12 V

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential for every car boot., 18 Mar. 2015
I would of given this 5 stars but the first one I received broke after 6 tyres. I'd only had it a few days when, after checking my 4 tyres, was demonstrating how great it was to a colleague at work. Did 2 of his tyres fine then on the third it made a loud bang and the sound of the compressor was replaced by the whirring of a motor. I thought I'd give another a chance so Amazon replaced it. The first one they sent must have been an older design as the buttons under the screen were different. This one has been fine. Blows a tyre up from 17 to 32 in less than a minute. It isn't noisy and stores away nicely in its own bag. So far so good!

BLACK+DECKER PAV1205 12 V Dustbuster Pivot Automotive Vacuum Cleaner
BLACK+DECKER PAV1205 12 V Dustbuster Pivot Automotive Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than I was expecting!, 19 Feb. 2015
I wouldn't have expected a 12v vacuum to have been able to suck a fart in but this has really surprised me. OK, you're never going to get dog hairs out of carpet pile, but for everything else it's excellent. I brush the carpet and get it all into a pile and this sucks it straight up. The nozzle extends and gets the dirt down the side of the seats. There's a brush attachment that is good for the dashboard and upholstery. It really surprised me and an excellent buy. The only downside is the power plug. It's not the greatest of fit and the slightest knock can cut the power. All I do is wrap the very long lead around the handbrake a couple of times and it's fine then.

E-PRANCE® A434 New Arrival 2.7" Car Vedio Recorder 1080P 30FPS with 170 Degree Wide Angle Lens Support G-sensor Motion Detection Loop Recorder LED Night Vision HDMI/AV Output,with 32G Memory Card
Offered by EPRANCE

4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit but poor battery life and memory card, 19 Feb. 2015
I bought this on the strength of the reviews following a crash where the other party told a pack of lies. This would've been ideal for disproving his fictitious version of events. It might sound like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, but who knows if and when it'll happen again. I went for the option of paying £49, which included a 32Gb MicroSD card. It arrived in good time and well packaged.
I fully charged it, installed it on the windscreen and off I went recording my journey in full HD. I was amazed at the wide angle of view, excellent coverage. My crash had been a front end side swipe and this would've covered it. The display is good with lots of info and very easy to set up.
All's sounding well but now for the bad news. I'd bought this one on the strength of it having a built in battery. I didn't fancy a lead dangling down the windscreen. After only 20 minutes it packed up and I had to plug it in using the mile long lead!!
I contacted the manufacturer and their customer service was very good. I was emailed straight back saying that, according to their technical staff, 20 mins is all the internal battery is good for. Oh well I can cope with a lead dangling I suppose.
Within 2 weeks of getting this the screen icons disappeared and all that it displayed was a live moving video image of whatever the lens was pointing at. All buttons did nothing other than turn it on or off. I deployed the tried and trusted paper clip on the reset button several times but no change. I traced the problem to the memory card. You might wonder why I've given this 4 stars but, as soon as I swapped that to the Sandisk one from my GoPro, it was back perfect again. The supplied card really would be out of its depth in the bargain bin in a pound shop. It's a name I've never heard of so clearly very cheap. Now, this is where their customer service fell down. I emailed them asking for a new card and heard nothing and still haven't, even though I resent my request a few times. I'd had emails about the battery life and they'd emailed me a copy of the instructions but, as soon as I was asking for something with a cost, all went quiet. Speaking of instructions, do the same as I did. The ones in the box are only any use if you've got an electron microscope handy. I've never seen print so small.
So, in conclusion this is a great piece of kit and could save a lot of heartache if you're unfortunate to have a crash. Your own witness that nowadays can't be challenged. The footage goes straight onto my iPad and the quality, even at night, is very good. I've only used it on full HD with it auto recording over itself when the card is full. You'll never make a blockbuster out of the footage but it's more than good enough to show registration numbers and vehicle/pedestrian movements. I joined it to my 52" TV with an HDMI lead and it was very good. The audio is crisp and clear. Just make sure the fat lady you've just commented on doesn't turn out to be your independent witness!
My suggestion is go for the cheapest buying option with this camera and get your own Sandisk card to go in it. For the price you get everything, camera, card, lead, cradle etc.

STEEL BICYCLE TYRE LEVERS (set of 3)
STEEL BICYCLE TYRE LEVERS (set of 3)
Offered by Sam Cycling Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than plastic ones, 25 Jan. 2015
Look very sturdy with smooth edges so no chance of nipping the tube if you're careful. I've wrapped some duck tape around the stem to prevent scratching the rims.

Muc-Off Bio Degreaser, 500 ml
Muc-Off Bio Degreaser, 500 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cycling components, 21 Aug. 2014
Does exactly what it says on the tin without making a big mess. Ideal for chains and sprockets.

Muc-Off MO94 Multi-Use Spray with PTFE - 2 for 1 Value Pack
Muc-Off MO94 Multi-Use Spray with PTFE - 2 for 1 Value Pack
Offered by Laxzoltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Better than GT85!, 21 Aug. 2014
Great product and better than GT85. Cleans well and gives good protection.

Proform 500 ZLE Elliptical Cross Trainer 6V Mains UK AC-DC Power Supply Charger
Proform 500 ZLE Elliptical Cross Trainer 6V Mains UK AC-DC Power Supply Charger
Offered by CableRite

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy cheap universal ones, get this!, 21 Aug. 2014
Arrived in good time and well packaged. I was advised to buy a universal one by Proform but that kept losing its connection as there wasn't an adapter that was an exact fit. For £10 delivered this is perfect and never cuts out whilst you're half way through a program.

Dirty pro tools TM NEW BICYCLE REPAIR WORK STAND NEW DESIGN WITH QUICK RELEASE HANDLE AND CLAMP HOME CYCLE BIKE MECHANICS MOUNTAIN ROAD PROFESSIONAL
Offered by D Pro Tools UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A steal at that price. A must buy!, 5 Aug. 2014
For £31 delivered I wasn't expecting much at all but off I trotted with my parcel card to the village post office to collect it. I thought about taking my mate's 18 month old son to carry it for me thinking it'd be made of thin plastic and be very light for that price. I picked the box up and was pleasantly surprised that I needed 2 hands.
On opening the box I couldn't believe what I saw. Very thick metal tubing and an item that was assembled in seconds needing no instructions really. They are provided but not necessary.
It is amazing how they can manufacture this and ship it for that price. It is very sturdy and the level of thought has even gone down to putting grooves in the clamp for cables to run through. The extra arm to stop the handlebars moving around is a great addition.
I know places like Aldi and Lidl are knocking stands out for £20 but spend the extra £11 and get this. The ability to have the bike clamped tight at any angle without affecting stability is excellent.

Added Time: Surviving Cancer, Death Threats and the Premier League
Added Time: Surviving Cancer, Death Threats and the Premier League
by Mark Halsey

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 5 Aug. 2014
According to my Mrs this is a fantastic book and not only depicts the career of one of the greatest referees, but the internal struggle against the politics and hierarchy of refereeing. A great insight into what we don't see on Sky Sports!

Compressport R2 Race & Recovery Calf Guards - Black - T3
Compressport R2 Race & Recovery Calf Guards - Black - T3
Offered by Recosports UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of kit, 8 Jun. 2014
After straining my left calf fell running for the second time I needed to make sure it didn't happen again. I'd only rested 3 weeks but wanted to do a fell race. I read a load of reviews, trail runner being the most informative, and these came top. As soon as I put them on I felt confident to go running. They fully support the calf and I had no problems at all. They are supposed to speed up the blood flow through the leg muscles improving oxygen supply and recovery by shifting lactic acid quicker than without them. They are very well made and well worth the cash.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6