Profile for Mr. T. Leighton-Boyce > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. Leighto...

Mr. T. Leighton-Boyce (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Logitech R700 Professional Presenter
Logitech R700 Professional Presenter

3.0 out of 5 stars Yes: works on Mac and Keynote. But timer usability is bad whatever system you use., 1 Feb. 2015
I'm using this with a Mac and Keynote. Out of the box it will do the basics for Keynote (forwards and backwards) with no need to do anything more than plug in and switch on. But if you want to be able to start the presentation and blank the screen then you do need to download extra software to change the key-mappings, as described here:

After that it will do everything.

BUT, having said that I agree with others that the timer function is very badly thought out.
1. The duration is not stored when you switch off. That's annoying if you do several rehearsals and then then the live presentation. You have set the timer again.
2. It's a pity that you cannot also configure the warnings at the end. They worked OK for a 40 minute presentation, but I agree that I would want more flexibility for longer or much shorter talks.
3. Biggest pain for me was that my nerves are at their worst at the start of the presentation. So I keep forgetting to start the timer because it's a separate button, which means the timer is useless for that session. I would much prefer it if there was an option for the timer to start when you click the 'start presentation' button or the first 'next slide' click.

Speedlink Snappy Wireless Mouse - Red (Bluetooth)
Speedlink Snappy Wireless Mouse - Red (Bluetooth)

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last very long, 8 May 2014
This mouse seemed fine at first. It was a bit light, so it seemed OK rather than great. But it only lasted a few months.

Kensington SmartFit Easy Riser Cooling Stand - Black
Kensington SmartFit Easy Riser Cooling Stand - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Really makes a difference, 8 May 2014
I'm using this with a 2009 Macbook Pro and am able to raise the screen to a much more sensible level for long-term use.

Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K760 for Mac, iPad or iPhone
Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K760 for Mac, iPad or iPhone

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well for me, 8 May 2014
I like the feel of this. Very pleased with it so far. The bumps at the back raise it to just the right angle for me.

Anker 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Charger ?External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets ()

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, kept me going for days, but adapter has broken, 19 Jun. 2013
Update: one year later... the adapter for my iPhone has stopped working. Others are fine. It's easy enough to use a different cable, but it's a shame that this did not last longer.

I'm very pleased with this battery. I bought it because I was spending 4 days walking from London to Canterbury to raise money for The Connection at St Martin's in the Fields.

The battery allowed me to charge my iPhone4 up every night and I even helped out someone else with a charge on one of the nights.

The cloth case which comes with the battery seems a bit short to me, but that's a very very minor point. In fact it has just occurred to me that it might be more useful to me as a case for the phone (I don't use a screen protector, so maybe it would be good to keep the phone in this case).

The Puppet Boy of Warsaw
The Puppet Boy of Warsaw
by Eva Weaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Raced through this and already started reading again, 18 April 2013
This is a wonderful story: I was gripped by it and raced through simply because I wanted to know what happened next. Now I've already started re-reading it because I want to go back and spend a bit more time on the details and context -- the bigger story of what was happening during a period which is still blanked out of consciousness for some of us. The second part of the story is particularly interesting to me, since what happened to those survivors is something I had heard nothing about.

I see that other reviewers have commented on the language. The way this worked for me is that to the extent that I was conscious of a strangeness to the language, slightly different idioms and usage for example, I felt that it had the effect of reminding me that the two central characters are not British. Instead of completely normal English, or another language which has been skilfully translated, with foreign usages replaced with the perfect English equivalents, this seemed convincing as the voice of non-British characters written in English.

For me, the main point remains the story: both the particular story of this tale and the bigger story of that period. The second of those is too big for any book, but this is another valuable angle on it. And the first of those is very good indeed: it kept me wanting to know what happens next.

LUPO Mini Microphone for Apple Iphone (4S, 4, 3GS, 3G), ipod Touch, Nano, Classic (All Generations) - BLACK

2.0 out of 5 stars No big improvement on iPhone 4 mike, 17 Jan. 2012
I bought this in the hope that it might be better than the built-in microphone on my iPhone 4 for recording discussions with people for future reference. Or even interviews (in my dreams).

It doesn't seem to be any better. But extremely cheap, so I don't regret trying it.

Flicks & Clicks: How to Create Websites and Catalogues that Sell More
Flicks & Clicks: How to Create Websites and Catalogues that Sell More
by Mel Henson

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive source of best practice, 5 Sept. 2011
I recommend this book highly. It's particularly valuable if you produce catalogues and other print material, since it covers both. But it's just as important if you only do one, typically a web site these days.

In fact one of the great strengths of the book is that it teaches something which catalogue teams have known for a long time: the words really matter.

My work involves analysing the performance and user experience of e-commerce web sites. I think that the single piece of advice I give most often is that people should put more resources into the persuasiveness of the words on their web site, rather than throwing budget at yet another tweak to the mechanics of the till (the checkout process).

Many people struggle to do anything with that advice. If you can't afford to employ a specialist copywriter, where do you start?

This book answers that question exactly. That's why I encourage my clients to read it.

Ex-Pro High Quality 2.5mm Socket to DC Power Extension lead/cable - 5m
Ex-Pro High Quality 2.5mm Socket to DC Power Extension lead/cable - 5m
Offered by ExpressPro

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if I had the right size, 13 Jun. 2011
I couldn't get this to fit. The male plug from my charger would not go into the socket on this. The difference seemed very small, so I'm not sure if what I needed was a different size or whether this was something related to the manufacturing tolerances on my particular plug vs the particular socket on this.

SOCK SHOP MENS HEAT HOLDER SOCKS BLACK
SOCK SHOP MENS HEAT HOLDER SOCKS BLACK
Offered by COSTUMES4U fancydress

5.0 out of 5 stars Great: thick and warm, 18 April 2011
I'm really pleased with these. I bought them for use in a Bothy in the far North West of Scotland and they kept my feet very warm.

I've also used them while hill-walking and they seem to be lasting well.

Page: 1 | 2