Profile for Maa > Reviews

Maa

Able 2 Car & Chair Easy-Swivel Transfer Cushion
Able 2 Car & Chair Easy-Swivel Transfer Cushion

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 12 July 2014
I was incorrectly sent this item. It does not do what it is intended for. I would not recommend it under any circumstances.

A Possible Life
A Possible Life
by Sebastian Faulks
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Very readable, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: A Possible Life (Paperback)
I was left wondering if these stories were meant to be related and I had missed something, or if it is simply a set of short stories.

Travels with Charley in Search of America
Travels with Charley in Search of America
Price: 4.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Nov 2013
I love Steinbeck's novels, but I found this 'journey' rather dull. Not really about America , more a chain of random thoughts.

Remainder
Remainder
by Tom McCarthy
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Remainder (Paperback)
I have not read this so that I can't say that I love it, but it was delivered promptly and in good condition.

Rowan Kniiting Kit - Lazy Lace Snood
Rowan Kniiting Kit - Lazy Lace Snood
Offered by DRK Promotions Limited
Price: 17.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Packaging poor, 12 Nov 2013
The item was delivered promptly as promised.
The box was packed in a polythene envelope which offers waterproof protection but no physical strength. The box had been squashed which is disappointing as this was bought as a gift. I paid 3.99 for shipping and at this price it should have been better packed. So disappointing.

Lonely Planet Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Northern Thailand (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Northern Thailand (Travel Guide)

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition disappointing, 17 July 2012
I bought the Kindle edition to use while I was away. I found it impossible to navigate my way around the text. To read as a book was fine, but to use to look things up, impossible. I therefore downloaded it onto my iPad which was an improvement but still awkward. Eventually I bought a hard copy in Cambodia for 5. The cheap price accounted for the fact that occasional pages were missing, but despite that the book was much more useful than the Kindle edition. Perhaps Lonely Planet guides do not suit Kindle, or maybe I am simply not adept enough at using this technology.

Madame Bovary
Madame Bovary

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor translation, 16 Jun 2012
This review is from: Madame Bovary (Kindle Edition)
Do not buy, not even for free, this edition of Madame Bovary. It is a dreadful translation, hard to read because of spelling errors and not the joy that such a classic should be. The formatting is also poor. It does Flaubert a great injustice.