Profile for Juan McGuinness > Reviews

Content by Juan McGuinness

Juan McGuinness "Rhumsaa" (Ellan Vannin)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
MaxiNutrition Cyclone Strength and Power Protein Shake Powder 1.26 kg - Chocolate

2.0 out of 5 stars There are better options, 30 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's been a few years since I last used MaxiNutrition protein shakes, I had them when I was just starting to go to the gym and picked up whatever was in Holland & Barrett at the time. This Cyclone brand offers a good amount of protein per serving with some creatine mixed in, I have been manually adding creatine to shakes for a while so this is a similar exercise and all in one package/price.

The taste of this is pleasant enough, very sweet which either works for you or not. The consistency is not great, quite gritty no matter how much shaking I have tried in different blenders. The price per gram of protein is not great when compared to some other products out there in the whey protein market. As for the effect on me I noticed no difference to my recovery or performance in comparison to my other shakes so this neither positive nor negative.

In summary I think this is a standard protein shake mix, the creatine is a nice addition but can be achieved manually. Ultimately this is a premium priced product where there are cheaper alternatives that will do the same job - sometimes paying more doesn't get you more.

Igenix Oil Filled Radiator with 24 HR Timer, 2.5 kW, 2500 W, White
Igenix Oil Filled Radiator with 24 HR Timer, 2.5 kW, 2500 W, White

4.0 out of 5 stars It's got a timer which is very useful for peace of mind and certainly something I can ..., 30 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I initially thought having to review this radiator in July would be a nightmare but luckily for me summer in the Isle of Man is wet and windy so there have been a few nights where a little bit of warmth was welcomed.

I have found this to be a versatile and handy little heater for the rooms in my house that don't keep warm very well. It's got a timer which is very useful for peace of mind and certainly something I can see coming in handy in the winter months for late nights and early mornings.

My main reservation is that having used Igenix products before (a dehumidifier) and it not lasting too long I am not sure how this will survive use over the coming months. That lack of faith in the brand is the reason for only giving out 4 stars.

FORZA Multivitamin for Dieters
FORZA Multivitamin for Dieters
Offered by HouseOfBeauty

2.0 out of 5 stars Ultimately I don't believe this is worth it for the price you pay - there are better high quality multivitamins out there for si, 15 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was taken by my partner who did not express an opinion one way or another as to any difference in mood or energy levels while taking these compared to other multivitamins.

I am naturally suspicious of this product as gimmick marketing seeing as it is pink packaging and geared up to capture dieters. Whilst it states clearly it is not a replacement for varied intake of food I am sure this is just to ensure compliance with legal requirements.

Ultimately I don't believe this is worth it for the price you pay - there are better high quality multivitamins out there for similar price or much cheaper options that do a job.

Men Rock Sicilian Lime and Caffeine Awakening Beard Balm
Men Rock Sicilian Lime and Caffeine Awakening Beard Balm

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad balm but not beardazzling, 13 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This definitely feels like conditioner compared to other beard balms or oils I have used, it leaves a greasy heavy feel for a while after applying it. The lime scent is very faint and whilst you obviously don't want an overpowering aroma wafting up from your face all day I was hoping for that fresh citrus note to be around for a bit longer. The caffeine awakening aspect strikes me as a marketing gimmick. With regards to how it leaves my beard condition I don't see a great deal of improvement or difference in comparison to other beard balms I have used.

In summary this is not a bad product but I have used other oils and balms I would consider to be superior for similar price so would probably not buy this in future.

Quest Bars High Protein Gluten Free, Original Variety Pack, 12-Bars
Quest Bars High Protein Gluten Free, Original Variety Pack, 12-Bars

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for variety & first time buyers, 3 July 2015
I think Quest Bars are great, I've read great articles previously breaking down the benefit of them compared to other protein bars.

This box is 12 different flavours of Quest bar, it came to me in plain brown packaging so I assume it is not an official product from Quest. The bars I received were a little squishier and stuck to the wrapper more than other Quest bars I have had which might be due to the repackaging process or just inherent within that particular flavour, I can't be certain.

As you have to buy Quest Bars in boxes of 12 of one flavour it can be a nightmare if you choose a flavour you hate so the benefit of this item is you get a taster of a load of flavours before settling on what you like for a full box of 12. I can't imagine I'd buy this again as I have earmarked the flavours I liked and the ones I dislike but for a first time buyer or someone who loves variety over anything this is a good purchase.

FRiEQ® Hi-Speed Extra Long (6 Ft/1.8m) Nylon Braided Tangle-Free USB 2.0 Micro USB Charging/Sync Cable For Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note 2, HTC, Motorola, LG, PS4, Xbox one (Light Blue/Yellow)
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had bought this months/years ago, 3 July 2015
I wish I had bought this months/years ago.

I have been tolerating sub par charging from my battered cable with dodgy connector for too long and suffering an awkward cable length (fnar fnar) that barely gets my phone on to the bedside table let alone within comfortable reach of my face when I flail for it in the morning.

The 6 feet of cable has been an absolute boon, the nylon covering means it doesn't manage to wrap itself awkwardly round anything and everything it can find, hotel trips are no longer the bane of my life having a phone on the floor somewhere and it genuinely seems to charge faster with a more secure fit into my phone.

Absolutely worth the money - never look back.

Zombie Dice
Zombie Dice
Offered by CJ-MaX

3.0 out of 5 stars Is what it is., 19 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Zombie Dice (Toy)
This game is what it is, a simple portable game with good quality dice. The theme is ok but it could be anything to be honest.

I saw it played on Tabletop and they made a great job of making this game seem a lot more exciting than the reality is.

I don't think it's a bad game and as a little filler while someone is out of the room or in between games it fulfils a purpose but you can bore of it quickly and it is purely luck based with next to no skill involved.

Optimum Nutrition ZMA Nighttime Recovery Support capsules - Tub of 90
Optimum Nutrition ZMA Nighttime Recovery Support capsules - Tub of 90
Offered by iShopNutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 16 Jun. 2015
I am a huge fan of these supplements, unlike a lot of supps I really notice a difference when I am taking them. I feel I get a better quality nights sleep and I always get vivid dreams compared to hardly any normally. I have a fitbit which tracks my sleeping pattern and it shows the difference in restlessness between when I am on them or not. I got these at a good price and would get them again.

Quest Nutrition Chocolate Peanut Butter Quest Bar Protein Bar - Pack of 12 Bars
Quest Nutrition Chocolate Peanut Butter Quest Bar Protein Bar - Pack of 12 Bars
Offered by fly eagle

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty & Healthy, 16 Jun. 2015
I've had a fair few protein bars and in my experience most of them are horrible tasting and usually not that great for you. I read an amazing article here http://www.leanitup.com/quest-bar-the-best-protein-bar-on-earth/ that made the comparison of various protein bars with a Snickers or Mars bar without the protein that showed to me how poor most of them are for you. Quest bars with low to zero carbs make the massive difference and prove that you can get a good protein boost on the go without having to eat rubbish too.

Taste wise I really enjoyed the chocolate peanut butter flavour, reminded me of a less sickly sweet reece's bar. The only issue I had was the initial bite was quite chewy but once you got eating it had a nice consistency that wasn't overly powdery or hard to swallow like some protein bars.

Smiler's Fair: Book I of The Hollow Gods
Smiler's Fair: Book I of The Hollow Gods
by Rebecca Levene

2.0 out of 5 stars There certainly seem to be a number of good reviews for the book but I can't in all ..., 16 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been unable to finish reading this book, I have slogged through nearly 200 pages but simply can't get into the story.

It's well written and I have no issues with the skill of the author, it was simply not a story that interested me or grabbed me. There certainly seem to be a number of good reviews for the book but I can't in all honesty give a high review of a book that can't grab me by 200 pages.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13