Profile for Juan McGuinness > Reviews

Content by Juan McGuinness

Juan McGuinness "Rhumsaa" (Ellan Vannin)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Webbox Cats Delight Lick-e-Lix Chicken, 15g, Pack of 10
Webbox Cats Delight Lick-e-Lix Chicken, 15g, Pack of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars I was however pleasantly surprised and happily proved wrong as these went down a storm in ..., 22 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had my doubts when ordering this product as I didn’t really see yoghurt as being a big hit with cats compared to some fresh meat or catnip. I was however pleasantly surprised and happily proved wrong as these went down a storm in the feline community. Swiftly devoured with wide eyes seeking more seems to be a 5 star review from my moggies.

Netgear D1500-100UKS N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections, Essentials Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars It has replaced my much cursed Thompson router that cost something like £100 when I got it a few years ago, 15 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been impressed with this router for the relatively low price. It has replaced my much cursed Thompson router that cost something like £100 when I got it a few years ago. Have found the Wi-Fi to be reliable and more than capable of giving me solid coverage across my abode. It was relatively easy to set up and has not let me down. Time will tell upon it's reliability and durability but so far I have no cause for complaint.

EMERGEN-C Juicy Strawberry Energy Release and Immunity Support Food Supplement - Pack of 16

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced Underpleasant, 14 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing I noticed when pouring water in was the overwhelming aroma of cheese and to be honest I never fully recovered from that whenever I went to take a sip.

These fall somewhere between berocca and a multi vitamin tablet for me without the enjoyable taste or “boost” of berocca or the ease and convenience of a tablet. The price is also unbelievably high for a couple of weeks’ worth of supplement.

From a taste point of view it doesn’t make me think of strawberry and I found the end result to be quite sediment.

Not a fan.

Football Manager Stole My Life
Football Manager Stole My Life

2.0 out of 5 stars Play FM Don't Read About It, 13 Oct 2014
I bought this book because I have racked up a terrifying amount of hours playing Championship Manager and then Football Manager. Since the advent of Steam the amount of my life I have frittered away has become ever more apparent.

However this book is just a collection of uninteresting tales that are similar to yours but really.... don't impact you because they aren't your stories. realistically as satisfying as going unbeaten for a year or finding a hidden gem and selling him for £50million is for you.... no one else cares about them. And herein lies the problem with this book.

MadCase ® Premium PU Leather HTC ONE M7 Credit Card Wallet Side Stand Flip Case Cover with Free Screen Guard and Microfiber Cloth - Black
Offered by Gadgets 'N' Bits Ltd.

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't complain too much for the price but having had ..., 5 Oct 2014
Can't complain too much for the price but having had this for a couple of months now the trim and stitching is coming apart and peeling. I give it til the end of the year before I need to replace it due to tattyness. But for around a fiver what else can you expect?

Hama 58mm Effects Filter Diffuser Spot
Hama 58mm Effects Filter Diffuser Spot

2.0 out of 5 stars Gimmick Lens, 5 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
"The Effects Filter Diffuser Spot from Hama is a must have for avid photographers!" - that's what is said on the product description.... clearly written by someone who wouldn't know an avid photographer if they bumped into one holding a camera.

The lens does exactly what it claims to do by creating a clear centre and a fuzzy outline. If you want to limit your raw image in this way then crack on. It feels like it's been designed for people who can't master depth of field and don;t like using a photo editing software.

Durex Comfort XL (12 Pack)
Durex Comfort XL (12 Pack)
Offered by Max Medsurge

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy!, 5 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are very rubbery condoms in feel and smell, much more so than other similar products. As far as I can tell the XL nature of these is length more than girth so bear that in mind.

Not much more to say on these tbh - Amazon for some reason deleted my 3 video reviews on the product. Not sure why.

Enjoy!

BETA Adult Spaniels with Chicken, 2 kg (Pack of 4)
BETA Adult Spaniels with Chicken, 2 kg (Pack of 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent noms, 3 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This food was well received by Jeff the Spaniel and also, despite my best efforts, his Husky pal.

From a review standpoint Jeff is not really the fussiest of consumers so I am not sure the clean bowl is a resounding recommendation for the canine with a refined pallete but he has not suffered any ill effects or unhappiness as a result of this so it is by no means a negative report. I can't say I noticed any discernible difference with regards to his glossy coat as the product spec suggested but is it a magic food that has such a resounding effect after only 2kg of food?

Maybe it is my deep rooted cynicism but I remain suspicious as to the breed specific food and whether it genuinely is anything different other than the size of the "kibbles" depending on big or small dog. As such I don't think I would pay the full price for this product again when there plenty of alternative options available that keep Jeff as well fed and happy.

GOODOGS CAPRICE Can Snack for Dogs, Small
GOODOGS CAPRICE Can Snack for Dogs, Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Woofderful, 26 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had a feeling this product was going to be a success with the dogs as soon as the postman arrived. The packaging had barely been touched before two very wide eyed and eager looking dogs appeared by my side sniffing around with barely contained excitement. This only escalated as the tin emerged and lid removed.

I don’t know if there is a dog equivalent of catnip or meth but if there is these treats must be packed full of them as my dogs simply can’t get enough. It’s nice to finally have a “treat” that does appear to be a genuine treat for the hounds in much the same way a cream cake or chocolate bar is for us. As we have a large and small dog the ability to tear the treats up make it easier to distribute the snacks between the two. The only downside is the tin is quite small and pricey for the money paid but it’s only a treat so I can accept it.

TRESemmé Moisture Rich Luxurious Moisture Conditioner - 900 ml
TRESemmé Moisture Rich Luxurious Moisture Conditioner - 900 ml
Offered by UK Pharmacy Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Because I'm worth it... wait a second...., 26 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a bald man I am not very qualified to give opinion on whether this conditioner will give you the sleek shiny shoulder length locks you crave.

However, as a man sporting quite a sizeable beard I can provide in depth analysis of its effects of the follicles residing upon ones face and I am happy to report good news.

Since using this conditioner I have noticed a marked improvement in the softness and strokeability of my facial fur. No longer is it the beard to be feared but more like the fur to make you purr (trademark pending).

Seriously though I have found this to be as effective if not more so than the expensive beard oils, scent is not over powering but pleasant and the size of the bottle means it will last a long time in my shower. Fully recommended product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11