Profile for Juan McGuinness > Reviews

Content by Juan McGuinness

Juan McGuinness "Rhumsaa" (Ellan Vannin)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Dynamic Fat Burner 800mg Coffee Bean Extract with GCA Natural Weight Loss Supplement - Pack of 60 Capsules
Price: 13.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Bean Slimming, 25 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I’ve been taking these tablets for around 2-3 weeks now and can’t say I have noticed any change in my weight, body shape or energy levels.

I have coupled this supplement with regular exercise and my normal diet but it has not provided any marked difference compared to my physique without the supplement.

I noticed no negative side effects with this product but I don’t believe it has provided any boost to my weight loss goals. Despite it having coffee bean extract in the title I didn't get a caffeine energy level boost that I expected.

SlimX 1000 Ultra Formula Thermogenic Weight Loss Supplement

Are You Happy Now?
by Richard Babcock
Price: 7.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy if uninspiring read, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Are You Happy Now? (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this book to be very easy to read and flew through it in 2 sittings of a couple of hours each. The pages keep turning but I certainly didn't feel like I couldn't put it down.

It’s not going to challenge you in any way and at the end of it you will not feel particularly different or inspired or uplifted. I found it to be the ultimate example of a holiday or travel book, you can pick it up and relax with it.

The main character John Lincoln seems to have very few endearing qualities and is generally a failure, he doesn’t seem to learn much through the book and ends up just meekly accepting his life and decides to be happy with what he was miserable about in the first place. In fact in many ways he is in a worse position by the end of the book than he was at the start. Ultimately I wasn't investe4d in his story and at the end I couldn't care less what life altering decision he made. His interactions with other characters in the book don't feel natural and at no point do you feel any connection or warmth from the conversations.

Whilst a speedy and enjoyable read I did find myself a bit disappointed by the ending and general pacing of the book. Whilst the headline question of being happy is technically answered the questions that appear throughout the book are categorically left hanging. All in all it felt like the book was weaving a large number of currents and stories but was given 5 minutes to finish up and get out of the pool so knocked out a quick ending.

It's not the worst book I've ever read but I think if I had paid full price for it I'd have been left feeling disappointed.

Office Space [1999] [DVD]
Office Space [1999] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ron Livingston
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 3.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Cult Comedy, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Office Space [1999] [DVD] (DVD)
Probably worth it for the iconic printer destruction moment alone.

If you've ever worked in an office this is the ultimate dull reality meets secret fantasy, it plays out the scenario that a lot of people have had in their head of how things could work out if they stopped getting stressed and stopped caring.

Great script, great acting and a number of moments which have become part of modern culture. Hey.... if Family Guy do a parody of a scene you've made it right?

SanDisk SDCZ36-016G-B35 16 GB Cruzer USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black
SanDisk SDCZ36-016G-B35 16 GB Cruzer USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black
Offered by IvoryEgg Limited
Price: 15.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable Drive, 20 Jun 2014
Excellent storage device for the price and has survived the past 5 years of use and pockets brilliantly.

A larger size than the 16GB I bought in 2009 would be the option now but other than that I have had no reason to consider replacing this and have had no problems with transfer speed or data issues.

Homefront Pure Luxury Soft Washable Electric Heated Chocolate Throw (160 x 130 cms)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Winter Warmer, 20 Jun 2014
At the risk of sounding like an OAP this throw is the ultimate winter nights option to reduce your heating bills. It's lovely and soft, big enough to be totally covered on a sofa and the heat settings are adjustable and work brilliantly to keep you toasty. There is a built in timer so it doesn't stay on all the time should you fall asleep (which is very likely when you're this warm and comfortable.

I've not washed it yet so unsure how it would cope with that but it has done a great job from the box and have no complaints.

The Three Count: My Life in Stripes as a WWE Referee
The Three Count: My Life in Stripes as a WWE Referee
Price: 6.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable book from a different perspective, 20 Jun 2014
Have read a lot of wrestling auto-biographies both good and bad but this is the first book I've seen written by a referee.

It's refreshing to hear different stories and see familiar tales told from a different perspective. A lot of wrestlers books devolve into twisting history in order to make them look better so it is enjoyable to see a book from a guy who has no axe to grind or reason to lie. He's honest and witty, the book flows nicely and is well written. There is little in the way of "dirt" but for me that adds to the appeal, it's just a good life story of someone who worked hard and made a life out of a business he loved.

York B530 Heavy Duty Incline/Decline Bench
York B530 Heavy Duty Incline/Decline Bench
Price: 99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Entry Bench, 19 Jun 2014
A stable solid bench for a flat pack boxed arrival. Competitively priced although I have yet to see it at it's alleged RRP and always seems to be reduced to around 100.

Bench is comfy and decently padded with enough options to give a decent variety. I don't think it is really designed to be a barbell lifting bench or certainly not one of any decent weight but for dumbbells it is excellent.

If you don't want to break the bank or fear it will become an expensive clothes horse you won't go far wrong with this.

Happy Songs for Happy...
Happy Songs for Happy...
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Their Best Album IMHO, 19 Jun 2014
I'm not a music journalist and I'm not entirely sure if I have ever consulted the amazon reader reviews when buying music as it is such a subjective area but...

...for me this is Mogwai's greatest album. The perfect balance of underground and mainstream sounds, something which I regularly put on and listen to all the way through which is a rarity in modern music.

I think if you are new to the band it is the perfect album to listen to and if you are a fan of their work I am stunned you don't own it already.

Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Offered by TapeCity
Price: 17.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, 19 Jun 2014
Probably the best cheap tripod option out there.

I have had no issues with the tripod since I purchased it and it has served me well. Everything has worked as it should and nothing has worn out or broken unexpectedly. There are two spirit levels to ensure the tripod is flat and there is plenty of adaptability and adjustability in the mount and legs.

The two drawbacks I have had are the sticky jerky pan motion which makes this suitable exclusively for still photography and the lightweight nature of the tripod always leaves me paranoid when mounting heavy camera equipment on it. But with care and consideration I have never had an issue of it falling over when laden.

Would recommend it as a great starter option.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9