Profile for Juan McGuinness > Reviews

Content by Juan McGuinness

Juan McGuinness "Rhumsaa" (Ellan Vannin)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
SanDisk Extreme SDHC 32 GB UHS-I U3 Memory Card 60 MB/s (SDSDXN-032G-G46)
SanDisk Extreme SDHC 32 GB UHS-I U3 Memory Card 60 MB/s (SDSDXN-032G-G46)

5.0 out of 5 stars I don’t have a 4K camera but my HD recording and sports modes are a dream with this – it feels like I have upgraded my Canon not, 21 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I’ve used a lot of budget brand memory sticks in the past and my current camera still has a couple of 16Gb budget backups lurking in the bag, never had a problem with integrity of data or failure of the card. However the speed with which the pictures get written on to the memory card can be a frustrating experience when shooting in sport mode. This card solves all these issues, I am a long standing fan of SanDisk products but this one has really impressed me, I don’t have a 4K camera but my HD recording and sports modes are a dream with this – it feels like I have upgraded my Canon not just the memory stick. Fully recommended.

TRESemmé Cleanse and Renew Deep Cleansing Shampoo - 900 ml
TRESemmé Cleanse and Renew Deep Cleansing Shampoo - 900 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars I have happily used Tresemme conditioner for months now and always enjoyed ..., 14 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Full Disclosure: I’m bald and I use this shampoo on my beard.

I have happily used Tresemme conditioner for months now and always enjoyed the softening of my beard coupled with a pleasing smell. I find the shampoo to be equally as good and complimentary to their conditioner range. I enjoy the smell and it leaves my hair feeling soft and clean. I am also impressed by the size of the bottle providing many washes for the money compared to most shampoos off the shelf.

SanDisk Ultra Android microSDXC 32 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card 48 MB/s + SD Adapter (SDSDQUAN-032G-G4A)
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars I have not had cause to use the adapter to turn it into a normal HD card but I can see this being extremely useful for taking ph, 14 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I obtained this for my HTC One mobile phone and have been very impressed by the speed of data transfer. I have used many SanDisk products over the years and have never been let down by the quality of their memory cards, this is no different.

I have not had cause to use the adapter to turn it into a normal HD card but I can see this being extremely useful for taking photos on my proper camera and quickly transferring to be uploaded on my mobile.

All in all I can fully recommend this product to achieve all your memory requirements.

Happiness by Design: Finding Pleasure and Purpose in Everyday Life
Happiness by Design: Finding Pleasure and Purpose in Everyday Life
by Paul Dolan

3.0 out of 5 stars The opening exercise of picking things that will make you happier and how much effort is required to achieve them ..., 3 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don’t know how to feel about this book, it’s opening section on the author and his battle with his stammer sets a strange scene that I’m not sure fits with the rest of the book. The opening exercise of picking things that will make you happier and how much effort is required to achieve them followed by a similar exercise at the end feels like a cheap method of the author justifying his success like so many management courses I have been on through work.
The language used in the book is plain talking which I appreciated so there is a minimum of buzz words or jargon. However I was left feeling pretty non plussed by the whole topic. I am not convinced that happiness can be measured or affected by the use of attention and effort as is suggested here, I’ve tried his techniques mentioned and feel no different about my day to day happiness. It’s clearly trying to set itself apart from the chicken soup for the soul brigade and the soft sciences but it misses the mark for me.

Philips A3PRO Philips Professional DJ headphones Black/Silver
Philips A3PRO Philips Professional DJ headphones Black/Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars The sound quality of these headphones is excellent, but then what else should you expect for ..., 29 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The sound quality of these headphones is excellent, but then what else should you expect for a big brand name product with this price tag? It's sole purpose as an item is to give good quality sound to your ears and it demands a hefty sum for this - the bare minimum I expect from this is excellent quality sound.

I am not sure from the name and sales pitch whether this is genuinely designed for a DJ and therefore as a casual listener in my own home I am not appreciating the options available as much as I should be. I don't think they are as fashionable as Beats say for the hipster about town who wants people to know he's listening to music from a 100 yard glance but I am happy to listen to them exclusively in the comfort of my front room. In fairness the ability to swap out the cable for an extended version is a great feature at this point (if an additional expense) but I have yet to really identify the benefits of swapping ears for optimum cabling. I suppose it's nice to have. The fit of the headphones is decent and quite adaptable although I would prefer a larger and more encompassing ear cushion area as these tend to sit on my ears which reduces comfort, I suppose an actual DJ will require them to be moved around the ear more so than I.

In summary these are great headphones but I suspect they are genuinely marketed at practical DJ use rather than general listeners so bear that in mind. From my point of view I can't go wild for the sound quality when it is simply fulfilling the expectations of the price tag and the rating reflects this in consideration with the other aspects.

Corel PaintShop Pro X7 Ultimate (PC)
Corel PaintShop Pro X7 Ultimate (PC)
Offered by London Photo

4.0 out of 5 stars the concept of using photoshop used to fill me with dread and I would quickly get lost amongst a sea of buttons and features tha, 27 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I’ve never used any photo editing software before despite taking photos for many years, the concept of using photoshop used to fill me with dread and I would quickly get lost amongst a sea of buttons and features that always seemed to make my image worse. Thankfully the tutorials as well as easy to grasp interface has made this product an absolute doddle for me to pick up and run with, I feel I’m picking up more and more each time I use it and the program is full of useful tools and quick fixes to save the laborious processes that seemed to come along with Photoshop.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this program to a novice such as myself and I am sure that someone who is more au fait with these products would gain a lot of use out of it at a reasonable price, however I have reserved it to a 4 star grade as I suspect Photoshop is the king of this market and all others are imitators.

Webbox Cats Delight Lick-e-Lix Chicken, 15g, Pack of 10
Webbox Cats Delight Lick-e-Lix Chicken, 15g, Pack of 10
Offered by Equestrian Performance

5.0 out of 5 stars I was however pleasantly surprised and happily proved wrong as these went down a storm in ..., 22 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had my doubts when ordering this product as I didn’t really see yoghurt as being a big hit with cats compared to some fresh meat or catnip. I was however pleasantly surprised and happily proved wrong as these went down a storm in the feline community. Swiftly devoured with wide eyes seeking more seems to be a 5 star review from my moggies.

Netgear D1500-100UKS N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections, Essentials Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars It has replaced my much cursed Thompson router that cost something like £100 when I got it a few years ago, 15 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been impressed with this router for the relatively low price. It has replaced my much cursed Thompson router that cost something like £100 when I got it a few years ago. Have found the Wi-Fi to be reliable and more than capable of giving me solid coverage across my abode. It was relatively easy to set up and has not let me down. Time will tell upon it's reliability and durability but so far I have no cause for complaint.

EMERGEN-C Juicy Strawberry Energy Release and Immunity Support Food Supplement - Pack of 16

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced Underpleasant, 14 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing I noticed when pouring water in was the overwhelming aroma of cheese and to be honest I never fully recovered from that whenever I went to take a sip.

These fall somewhere between berocca and a multi vitamin tablet for me without the enjoyable taste or “boost” of berocca or the ease and convenience of a tablet. The price is also unbelievably high for a couple of weeks’ worth of supplement.

From a taste point of view it doesn’t make me think of strawberry and I found the end result to be quite sediment.

Not a fan.

Football Manager Stole My Life
Football Manager Stole My Life

2.0 out of 5 stars Play FM Don't Read About It, 13 Oct 2014
I bought this book because I have racked up a terrifying amount of hours playing Championship Manager and then Football Manager. Since the advent of Steam the amount of my life I have frittered away has become ever more apparent.

However this book is just a collection of uninteresting tales that are similar to yours but really.... don't impact you because they aren't your stories. realistically as satisfying as going unbeaten for a year or finding a hidden gem and selling him for £50million is for you.... no one else cares about them. And herein lies the problem with this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11