ARRAY(0xa526c12c)

Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Blackburn, Lancs United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
No Dosh Good Nosh: Ideas for cheap meals and snacks from young people at Nightsafe
Price: 1.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap meals when you don't have much money, 12 Mar 2014
Ideas for cheap meals by young people at the Nightsafe a project for homeless young people in Blackburn . Excellent idea and you're raising money for the project that helps the homeless . So a review .............I haven't done all the recipes but Jam Butty Donuts definitely Yum!

British Sign Language for Special Needs - Colours and Descriptions
British Sign Language for Special Needs - Colours and Descriptions

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction, 20 Aug 2013
Doing some research into signing and this is a good inexpensive introduction to signed supported English. For others it may be an interesting alternative to the other systems on the market

A Rulebook for Arguments (Fourth Edition)
A Rulebook for Arguments (Fourth Edition)
Price: 4.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 20 Aug 2013
This ought to be required reading before anyone is allowed to read the tabloids. It describes clearly what the mistakes are in arguing and how to plan your an argument calmly with out it turning into an "argument". This is helping me in some academic research that I am carrying out, and maybe useful for others in the similar situation if like me they are unused to arguing a point of view academically.

Early British Trackways, Moats, Mounds, Camps and Sites
Early British Trackways, Moats, Mounds, Camps and Sites
Price: 1.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starting point, 20 Aug 2013
This is the first book I read about ley lines 30 years ago . My physical copy long ago fell apart so needing to remind myself about his theories I got this kindle version. Ideas and research have moved on since this was written but it is still useful. My advice .....read this critically, He jumps to conclusions and makes assumptions that are impossible to prove. Having said that I found it an enjoyable book to read and the evidence he shows still indicates strongly that something interesting was going on in the placing of these sites, building and monuments even if we don't know what.

Community Education a discussion on Paulo Freire's Liberation Education
Community Education a discussion on Paulo Freire's Liberation Education
Price: 1.29

4.0 out of 5 stars A good intro to Freire's work, 17 Aug 2013
Quite short but a very good intro to Freire's work. I think its been written as it says as part of a college course . If thats the case I hope it got an A+

Beechfield Unisex Ultimate 5 Panel Contrast Baseball Cap With Sandwich Peak / Headwear (One Size) (French Navy/Putty)
Offered by COOZO
Price: 5.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Good hat good price, 17 Aug 2013
My last cap was falling appart this is an good replacment. I don't want it fancy I just want a cap. This does the job very well.

From Elvish to Klingon: Exploring Invented Languages
From Elvish to Klingon: Exploring Invented Languages
Price: 6.69

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good read if you are into socio linguistcs, 21 Jun 2013
Hmm...... the star system is always an opinion but I did love this book. I am doing some self initiated research into this area and Micheal Adams gave me a lot to think about and a lot of extra areas to look at. Not for anyone who wants to read about wacky nerds learning pointless stuff! He makes good points and I always felt he is a truthful and thoughtful guide in an area which is full of polemical arguments that border on flame wars. So if you are like me ( a bit of a language anorak) and you like the "extremophiles" in the language world then hopefully you'll like this book.

The Wanderer: a new poem version (Anglo-Saxon Poetry)
The Wanderer: a new poem version (Anglo-Saxon Poetry)
Price: 2.54

5.0 out of 5 stars A real gem, 10 Nov 2012
I am not a great reader of poetry but the language in this little gem is wonderful.......... very atmospheric . I have read this many times and I keep coming back to it. Poety appreciation is a very personal thing but I can heartily recommend this modern interpretation of the Wanderer.

Live In London
Live In London
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Live in London, 21 Oct 2012
This review is from: Live In London (MP3 Download)
I have the earlier albums but the man is so much better than he used to be. He sings with more feeling more experience if you like, and his recent songs are just as good as his earlier stuff. Always listening to it excellent album.

DUINOMITE-MINI Maximite Duinomite with Microchip PIC32MX795 Basic Language
DUINOMITE-MINI Maximite Duinomite with Microchip PIC32MX795 Basic Language
Offered by OLIMEX LTD
Price: 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My first reveiw, 13 Aug 2012
I like tinkering about with electronics and wanted to learn more about physical computing and micro-controllers. This little board has proved to be great fun and has allowed me to learn more about the potential of these devices without breaking the bank (too much). I ordered the Mini version it came promptly but without any literature, however the manual and software are on the Olimex website.
If I have any advice it is READ THE MANUAL as the makers are clear that some things may fry the chip such as putting 12volts through the circuit (as I did) It does say clearly 5v only. The replacement came quickly and I continued the fun of lighting lots of blinky leds using BASIC similar to computers that I used 30 odd years ago. You will need extra things like a micro sd card, suitable usb cable,I have mine attached through the usb and a suitable serial monitor, but READ THE MANUAL and it will give different options eg running a keyboard and VDU directly to the Duinomite.

Page: 1 | 2