Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "justinmware"

Kingston KAC-MEMKL/4G 4GB SO DIMM 204-Pin DDR3 Memory Module
Kingston KAC-MEMKL/4G 4GB SO DIMM 204-Pin DDR3 Memory Module

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire v3-772g works. Careful which slot you put it in., 10 Sept. 2015
Used the kingston website to select this product for my Acer Aspire v3-772g. It worked alongside existing 4GB SODIMM giving my daughter 8GB to play Minecraft with. Only slight mishap was putting the memory in the wrong slot initially. Windows could see the memory but wouldn't use it. BIOS would not use new SODIMM for graphics card memory as it was in the wrong slot, so Windows was banned from using the new SODIMM as well. Moved to the correct slot (deeper of the two empty slots) and all worked well. Can't speak for how reliable it will be over time as only had it a couple of days.

Music Songs
Music Songs

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheers me up!, 9 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Music Songs (MP3 Download)
I love these irreverent / rude / honest songs from a female perspective. Have got into trouble singing the lyrics in public. Put it on to cheer me up and it never fails.

Skua: The Royal Navy's Dive-Bomber: The Royal Navy's Dive-Bomber
Skua: The Royal Navy's Dive-Bomber: The Royal Navy's Dive-Bomber

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read about an aircraft I knew little about., 9 Sept. 2015
I enjoyed this book a great deal. Like a lot of second world war aircraft, the Blackburn Skua tends to get written off as an also ran. This book gives a lot more of its history and people's experience of flying it. It's engaging and doesn't overwhelm one with technical detail.

Bipra USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE Adapter Kit with Power Adapter for 2.5/3.5/5.25 inch SATA or IDE Drive
Offered by Bipra Limited Number 1 Hard Drive Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase., 9 Sept. 2015
Needed to recover some files off an old IDE disk (from PVR). Worked perfectly with openSUSE and Windows 8.1. Can see it coming in very useful in the future. Money well spent.

Roberts Stream 83i Stereo DAB/FM/WiFi Internet Radio with 3 Way Speaker System
Roberts Stream 83i Stereo DAB/FM/WiFi Internet Radio with 3 Way Speaker System

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it in our kitchen as a replacement for FM Radio / CD / Cassette player., 9 Sept. 2015
We bought this radio for our kitchen to replace an FM Radio / CD / Cassette player we'd had for a while. It's a small kitchen and space is at a premium. This unit is compact and sits happily on top of the bread bin. The plug is a combined AC adaptor, but it's not so large that it's a problem. Having the CDs we've kept in the kitchen ripped onto a thumb-sized USB drive is a lot more convenient. Would have been nice if it supported ogg as well as mp3 (since it's free). The sound quality is very good IMHO, at least in our small kitchen it is. Interface is perhaps a little clunky in our touch screen world, but it's straightforward and simple. DAB reception is perfect - we live in a city but the unit is under a cupboard and the aerial is extended under a cupboard. We don't use last-fm (as it's effectively defunct). We do use internet radio occasionally (works fine). DAB and usb/mp3 playback is excellent. Two months in an often steamy kitchen hasn't done it any harm so far.

Ergonomic Aluminium Portable Foldable Cooling X-Stand for 12"-17" Laptops, Notebook PC, MacBook
Offered by Bosvision Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive, 9 Jun. 2015
Very impressed! Well-made and sturdy. Fits my 17" laptop no problem and give excellent ventilation. Essential now that my daughter is playing "lego worlds" which is thrashing my laptop. Won't really be using it on the move but it folds up well. Felt a bit cheated when it arrived in such a small package, but wore off quickly as soon as I started using it. Worth the money? You're paying top dollar but it's an excellent product. Beats the old plastic stand I had.

Netgear DG834, Wired Router with 4-port 10/100 Mbps Switch
Netgear DG834, Wired Router with 4-port 10/100 Mbps Switch
Offered by NETWORK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars A satisfied customer, 22 Oct. 2005
I previously owned a netgear dg814 and choose to upgrade to the dg834. My main reason for upgrading was the improved firewall provided by the dg834 and someone was pestering me for my old router.
It's a lot smaller than the dg814 and does not become as alarming hot as the dg814 did. The only major difference I found was the absence of an off switch on the unit so I just let it run permanently these days.
My only problem in installation was that I had to upgrade the firmware to the latest version (which I would recommend). The firmware upgrades are available on the netgear site. After upgrading it is very important that you press the reset button on the back of the unit to restore it to its factory settings. Otherwise it may not work reliably after a firware update. Once this was done the setup was achieved in minutes.
I work remotely and use the router every work day for at least 8 hours. It supports the VPN software flawlessly. I've had it for 4 weeks or so now and it hasn't dropped the connection once.
The only criticism I can raise when replacing my dg814 with the dg834 is that it comes with shorter cables. The patch lead and phone cable with the dg814 were substantially longer. But in the big scheme of things it's small potatoes.
I am happy to recommend this router to other people. It's a good solid reliable unit.

BT Lyric 1100 DECT Phone - Metallic Grey
BT Lyric 1100 DECT Phone - Metallic Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars A simple phone (capable of using headset), 17 April 2005
I was looking for a new dect phone to replace my existing binatone dect phone that was 4 years old. I particularly wanted a dect phone that could take a headset as I work at home and am doing more and more phone meetings.
Installation/configuration was straightforward. The build quality of the handsets themselves looks a bit cheap but they work fine. Menus are simple and well laid out. The phone can be muted (called secrecy on the menu). Its stupidly placed next to the hang up button so you could press the wrong by mistake but you soon learn. The one I got came with an over the ear headset which worked fine but I found a bit flimsy. I replaced that with a plantronics m110 which works absolutely fine. I had to turn the ear volume on the headset down to minimum to stop the plantronics headset deafening me.
I was also able to register the existing blue binatone dect phone (that my partner particularly likes) with the base with no problem at all.
In terms of functionality - I can have no complaints. It does everything I want and its easy to use. The point that lets it down is it looks cheaper than it is.

Perl Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))
Perl Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))
by Johan Vromans

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reminder for occasional Perl user, 27 Jan. 2003
Like a lot of developers, I don't use Perl every day as my main development tool. Instead I use Perl occasionally to update configuration files, mass source code changes, development utilities etc. As a result I find myself forgetting the syntax, semantics, packages that I need to write effective (though perhaps not wonderful) Perl scripts to get the job done. I bought this book on a whim and have found it very useful to remind me about Perl when I need to use it - often in a rush. The O'Reilly "Programming Perl" was excellent to start with but too hard to use as a concise reference.
However the price tag / content for this book is too high in my opinion. Around the five pounds mark would be more reasonable hence four stars.