Profile for Susan Lucas > Reviews

What The Bleep? Down the Rabbit Hole - 5 Disc Box Set [DVD]
What The Bleep? Down the Rabbit Hole - 5 Disc Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Marlee Matlin

4.0 out of 5 stars a video everyone should watch, 31 July 2010
This was a great video, using modern science to bring spirituality to life. It teaches some complex scientific findings in a really simple way to teach that thoughts have influence on our health, our happiness and our world. There are some parts that go on a little bit too long though but overall it is definately worth watching by everyone!

The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
by Eckhart Tolle

5.0 out of 5 stars I never tire of this book, 29 July 2010
I've read this many times and now I feel that I have to join the many voices here on Amazon to say just how wonderful a book it actually is. I never tire of flicking through it from time to time. Tolle covers enlightenment from all angles and in such an easy going manner that I think anyone could grasp his message with ease.

Nothing Special: Living Zen
Nothing Special: Living Zen
by Charlotte Joko Beck

5.0 out of 5 stars clear and simple, 2 April 2010
This one was really clear and concise, with no over lecturing or any of the confusing zen language I was expecting. It was a fun book with quite a simple formula for enlightenment.

The Mystery of 2012: Predictions, Prophecies and Possibilities
The Mystery of 2012: Predictions, Prophecies and Possibilities
by Sounds True

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 17 Mar 2010
I know that the authors have tried to represent thier particular viewpoints but the only thing which sprang from this book was that no one really knows what is going to happen in 2012. It's a mixture of all kinds of wierd science (which is not really science at all). I suppose we will all just have to wait and see in 2012 ????

The Celestine Prophecy [DVD]
The Celestine Prophecy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Settle

3.0 out of 5 stars a fundamental message, 10 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy [DVD] (DVD)
This was a somewhat inspiring film which teaches a basic but fundamental message about enlightenment, energy and living in the now. I enjoyed parts of this film, but other parts were a little OTT. It's worth watching though if you are interested in energy and spiritual enlightenment.

Jesus: A Story of Enlightenment
Jesus: A Story of Enlightenment
by Deepak Chopra

5.0 out of 5 stars Reinvigorates Jesus, 10 Feb 2010
Deepak Chopra has reinvigorated the story of Jesus in this book and tells it from the perspective of one who I think really understands what Jesus was actually trying to teach us all with regards to enlightenment.

The Gospel of Thomas: Annotated and Explained
The Gospel of Thomas: Annotated and Explained
by Stevan L. Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars More useful than the new testament, 15 Jan 2010
This is more useful then the new testament as it covers some mystical and even non dualistic sayings of Jesus. Going by this I now believe that the Jesus we were all brought up to believe in was much more of a radical than we have been led to beleive.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2011 9:47 PM GMT

When Jesus Lived in India: The Quest for the Aquarian Gospel, the Mystery of the Missing Years
by Alan Jacobs

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus in India ???, 14 Jan 2010
This is worth reading by anyone who considers themselves Christian. Whether or not Jesus was in India or not hardly matters much but it is nice to have those "missing" years filled in. This book does a good job at looking into this question!