Profile for Julia > Reviews

The Message: Vision for a New World
The Message: Vision for a New World
by Barefoot Doctor

5.0 out of 5 stars Really read this book, 23 Nov 2011
Barefoot doctor writes with humour and depth as always - and reading the lines and between the lines too, there is a really powerful message for us that we must take notice of. Every word asks us that we become ourselves from the inside out and so become conscious of our part in creating the vision for a new world. The book guides us in how to do this with practices that can allow us to see ourselves more clearly, be ourselves more fully and so work together for a better world. It is worth reading a few times...

Heart's Note : Sounding Love in Your Life from Your Heart's Secret Chamber
Heart's Note : Sounding Love in Your Life from Your Heart's Secret Chamber
by Stewart Pearce
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 25 Jan 2011
I love this book. It speaks to me of what I know to be true, that we could all harmonize and find a rhythm together. It reminds me to listen to my heart, something I have always believed is important. Stewart gives practical ways to live in this way and to ensure that we make feeling choices from the heart rather than getting in a muddle in our heads! It is a beautiful book and it's message gives me hope that we really and truly can change the way the world orientates and live with courage and joy and connection.

From Sofa to Start Line: How I Lost 15 Stone and Started Running Marathons
From Sofa to Start Line: How I Lost 15 Stone and Started Running Marathons
by Mike Hare

5.0 out of 5 stars unputdownable, 30 Sep 2009
A compelling read - The pages kept turning and i just Loved the story - the passion, the commitment and the truthfulness of someone facing themselves and setting out on an incredible journey, one that took them deeper into themselves than ever before and finished with them emerging so much more than they were before - and so much less!!!

Ex-Seeker
Ex-Seeker
by Marc John
Price: 7.40

5.0 out of 5 stars truth, 18 Aug 2009
This review is from: Ex-Seeker (Paperback)
I liked Marc's message - to me he said, quite strongly and directly that there is too much spiritual materialism - and that all that is required is that we be true to ourselves - follow our dreams and our true passions - and that this and love are all that are important. In fact the two are connected, real love from a true place is worth following and so are our dreams which are us in motion - in love with ourselves. this is what the book said to me anyway - it's core message. Perhaps that is what I want to hear of course!