Profile for I. Claffey > Reviews

Content by I. Claffey

I. Claffey "Ian Claffey - Oxondon Ltd" (Bangkok)

Cnbc: The Leaders - The Secrets To Their Success [DVD]
Cnbc: The Leaders - The Secrets To Their Success [DVD]
Price: 4.15

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very good investment., 17 May 2013
I am an executive coach operating in the Leadership space; I am always interested in understanding what makes successful Leaders tick. This is a great DVD for anyone operating in this area, or in business psychology - and probably helpful for anyone studying for an MBA or business degree... A very good investment.
Ian Claffey - Oxondon Consulting

Dealing with Difficult People (Creating Success)
Dealing with Difficult People (Creating Success)
by Roy Lilley

4.0 out of 5 stars Whether you are in the people business, or the corporate jungle!,, 14 Oct 2012
This book conveys some good principles for dealing with conflict, difficult people and challenging situations. It is quite an easy read and a helpful reference book for developing your interpersonal skills, whether you are in the people business, or just trying to negotiate you way through the corporate jungle.

The Road Less Travelled: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth (Classic Edition)
by M. Scott Peck
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars `further along the road'..., 26 Mar 2012
I read this book years ago and I have just taken another look at it. I wanted to see it `further along the road'... I guess it's easy to find fault, as it is with anyone taking the risk of writing about these topics. That said `the Road Less travelled' is a very good starting point for anyone looking for meaning and personal growth. I read it when I first looked at myself, at a deeper level, and now I have now read it again after training as a Psychotherapist. Dr. Scott Peck has offered an excellent entry point for anyone looking at personal development. Ian Claffey.

Kiss, Bow or Shake Hands: The Bestselling Guide to Doing Business in More Than 60 Countries
by Terri Morrison
Price: 11.19

4.0 out of 5 stars I find this a very useful reference book, 9 April 2011
As an international executive coach I find this a very useful reference book to have in my collection. I use it to help me to gain an understanding of `local' thinking when exploring cross-cultural solutions as part of team development. Other more expensive books of this type tend to end up slightly too academic. I also give a copy to any client who is working internationally. Ian Claffey - Oxondon Consulting.

Riding the Waves of Culture: Understanding Cultural Diversity in Business
Riding the Waves of Culture: Understanding Cultural Diversity in Business
by Fons Trompenaars

5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding how each other work helps create a common operating space - Ian Claffey, 12 July 2009
Charles Hampden-Turner, Fons Trompenaars - `Riding The Waves of Culture', offer fabulous insights into the minefield of diversity in the `global village'.

What is really helpful about this book is that they `get it'. It is underpinned and validated by research and years of experience. They are not afraid to say we are all different. We are educated in different ways, which impacts on how we both receive and process information.

The book itself has broadened my understanding of behaviours and beliefs in other cultures. I use this as part of my cross-cultural work when bringing teams together from different parts of the world. Understanding how each other work helps create a common operating space.

This is now a part of my reference library.

Ian Claffey - Oxondon Consulting.

When Cultures Collide: Leading Across Cultures (Third Edition): Leading, Teamworking and Managing Across the Globe
by Richard D. Lewis
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for anyone operating in the global market place..., 10 April 2009
As an International Executive Coach and Cross-cultural Facilitator I have `When Cultures Collide' as part of my must have reference library. It has been extremely well researched; the overview for each country makes it accessible for users at all levels. I send a copy to my clients who are working with global teams.