Profile for Johnyfish > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Bose  IE2 Audio Headphones
Bose IE2 Audio Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 3 Jun 2013
As a musician and home studio owner I have a pretty good idea of what is what. I have to say I was very surprised at how good the sound is. I particularly like the way they sit in the outer ear not forced in like others, this means you don't have your jaw bones exaggerating the sound or changing the sound each time you open your mouth.
These blow my Sennheisers Sonys and Philips away. Sound is open "natural" not a word I would usually use when talking about Bose. You want natural go see BW. They obviously don't compare to my Sennheiser 600s but the price and size is not comparable. These also got five stars from sound on sound magazine nuf said.I am quite happy to listen to clasical jazz and pop on them. The bass is not hyped and they have great clarity too. Another thing they are not tiring, an important consideration whith long term listening.

I see other people complaining about the build quality and cables. I've had mine two years now, they are fine. I do not mistreat them but they do get hammered. I suspect they got cheap chinese copies.
PS. they do not keep external sound out but neither do my senhheiser 600's

Metropolis
Metropolis
Price: 9.81

1.0 out of 5 stars dispointing, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Metropolis (Audio CD)
What has bitten Peter Cincotti and Diana Krall? They have both radially moved away from what they do best.
This is not Cincotti playing fabulous piano crooning away as he does so well. His last cd was a depart from that but he kept to his roots with strong songs and solid piano. Like many I've been watching and waiting for his new opus, for four years! and this is all he can do.
For me the songs are week vocals over produced. I felt relieved when i got to the end of the cd.
If you want to discover great Cincotti get his first Cd's you won't be disappointed. I will give it a few more spins but I feel it's going to get relegated to the "forget me" bin.
listen to the samples before buying, see if this is what your cup of tea!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2013 5:06 PM BST

Archos 97 Titanium 9.7-inch HD Tablet (ARM Cortex A9 1.6 GHz, 1GB RAM, 8GB Memory, Wi-Fi, 2x Camera, Android 4.1)
Offered by iHD Lounge
Price: 149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars definatly the tablet to beat at this price point, 18 Feb 2013
I picked one of these up a couple of days ago. i needed a cheap tablet. In this case cheap it is, cheap and nasty it is not. HD screen great sound very reactive. Archos have upped the ante and deserve to be taken very seriously. Mine came with a glitch, when I went to play store the picture would judder however a firmware update sorted that.
PS having run this for over a week I can happily inform you that the battery life in standby mode is very good. My old archos 101 had trouble finishing the day. This one is well into it's third, and I haven't had to shut it down to conserve the bat.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2013 2:09 PM GMT

The Complete Tony Bennett/Bill Evans Recordings
The Complete Tony Bennett/Bill Evans Recordings
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 10.35

5.0 out of 5 stars doesn't get any better, 9 Nov 2012
What can I say, title sums it up. What is particularly interesting is the inclusion of several different takes of the same song. You get an insight into the way Evans constructs his solos, as one of the most brilliant jazz pianists of his generation this becomes very enlightening and worth buying the CD for that alone. And don't forget you get Tony Bennett too.

TH50Z Merlin Forehead Thermometer a Professional NHS Standard Gaugue
TH50Z Merlin Forehead Thermometer a Professional NHS Standard Gaugue
Offered by Nightingale Nursing Supplies
Price: 28.95

5.0 out of 5 stars practical and fast, 9 Nov 2012
Received mine unfortunately everyone seemed to have the same temperature 35.6. A call to maker and a return was agreed. They were very courteous and helpful. Whether repaired or new, this one works a treat, compared to a traditional mercury one there is a couple of cents difference but which one is out? i.e.one gives 37.5 the other 37.2.

Glad Rag Doll
Glad Rag Doll
Price: 9.25

2.0 out of 5 stars listen before you buy, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Glad Rag Doll (Audio CD)
Great a new Diana Krall!!!!! not so great! I have most of her Cd's so bought it without hesitation. If you like her stuff give it a listen first. D Krall with distorted electric guitars bad sounding upright pianos!!
Where did this come from? I gave it a couple of listens and guess it will be relegated to the dusty shelves where my other unpopular Cd's go.

Panasonic Smart VIERA TX-P50GT30B 50-inch Full HD 1080p 3D 600Hz Internet-Ready Plasma TV with Freeview HD and Freesat HD (Installation Recommended)

5.0 out of 5 stars AAA, 7 Feb 2012
Out of the box, very disappointing picture. However ran it in and wow.
This set comes into its own for films, especially in the dark with wonderful blacks.
Got `best buy' from France USA and UK.
I do not have the mentioned noise or fluctuating brightness problems of others. I was worried about the reported green tinge, but it doesn't have that either.
You must take the time to set the picture to the source, i.e. blue ray player picture to THX; TV to `normal'or ??? your choice but this make all the difference. For the non technical this may be a bind but well worth the effort. Downside is daylight on the screen, it makes a great mirror though.
I decided on this set as so many people complained about the back light problems inherent in the back lit led sets when viewing in dark conditions. Another plus is, by chance I have the excellent 310 dvd player from Panasonic, when you insert a disc, it switches the TV on and syncs up all on its own!!!!! Brill.

Patriot 64GB 200x Xporter Magnum USB2
Patriot 64GB 200x Xporter Magnum USB2

5.0 out of 5 stars fast and.....reliable, 3 Jan 2012
I use the usb key professionally. In fact I have two. The second I bought had problems and was changed, the replacement had some sort of FAT32 recognition problem. A quick mail to Patriot resulted in a patch which I ran and all is well. This key is incredibly fast I use it for streaming audio. In fact while one track is playing I will be scrolling and calling up the nest one. I never have drop-outs or glitches it just works. I noticed another reviewer found it incredibly slow I suspect he should run the patch and he will find all will be well. I have been using these keys for over three years now so, long term reliability is not a question either.
The only negative I find is the cap it falls off and can get lost. I find this unacceptable considering the price and overall quality of the product.

Mayhem
Mayhem
Offered by positivenoise
Price: 8.09

5.0 out of 5 stars raw pleasure, 20 Nov 2011
This review is from: Mayhem (Audio CD)
So nice to hear real songs played by real musicians. Nothing electro no sign of DJ's rappers etc. This is full on fun. Hope her next cd won't be too far off. Buy it sponsor real musicians J R

Canon IXUS 310 HS Digital Camera - Silver (12.1MP, 4.4x Optical Zoom) 3.2 inch Touchscreen LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars SIX stars, 9 July 2011
As a performing musician and DJ I always want to capture "the" moment so, my criteria are; point and shoot, low light, hd video and stereo sound. Well this comes up trumps on all fronts. The most amazing thing is, the low light shooting in HD, there is no camera shake, not even shudder in images sweeping from side to side. And it beats my camcorder hands down. The fill in flash does just that. it does not white out the subjects, they seem to retain a more natural colour. Even on my 42" tv the pixilation on low light shots is very acceptable. The sound is OK, for a camera. Auto mode is fine I have a collection of SLR's as I'm into photography and thought I would want to fiddle the with the settings, well? no I don't. So there. Why the Canon? well they make cameras that's what they have always made, unlike some others who do Hi-Fi etc. The screen is very good even in outdoor conditions.
This is a fantastic camera for amateurs and pros looking to snap the "moment".
One other thing, from switching on to taking the photo takes seconds, and it takes photos when you press the button not several seconds later like some others who seem to have to compute so much data the scene has long gone.

Page: 1 | 2