Profile for n14paul > Reviews

n14paul

I-Boyz 3M USB 2.0 sync data cable iPod iPad iPhone 3/4GS
I-Boyz 3M USB 2.0 sync data cable iPod iPad iPhone 3/4GS
Offered by Buy with Confident

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap as chips and works, but be aware that the length of the cable affects charging time., 23 April 2013
For the money you can't go wrong, but the extra resistance from the longer cable means that it trickle charges an ipad

Argentine Fight for the Falklands
Argentine Fight for the Falklands
by Martin Middlebrook

5.0 out of 5 stars The war from the other side, 14 April 2012
I am a child of the '80s, this is probably why I became interested again in the Falklands war in this 30th anniversary year. Admiral Sandy Woodward's book ('One Hundred Days') was the first, and I expected last, book I picked up and read about the war. I have never had an interest in reading about military matters, maybe it is the boy in me but from the moment I started reading the Admiral's book I was gripped. That goes doubly so for Middlebrook's book.

Sandy Woodward provides a fine account of the position of the British and the decisions taken by its task commander. Middlebrook's book provides accounts of many of those on the Argentina side, from the planners of the war to the conscripts sat in fox holes. The book has a very human feel to it and contains extracts from interviews with personnel on the Argentine side. Compelling reading.