Profile for Sqiz > Reviews

Content by Sqiz

Sqiz (Tamworth, Staffs United Kingdom)

Branded Mage (Reawakening Saga Book 2)
Branded Mage (Reawakening Saga Book 2)
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good story ruined by lack of proof reading, 30 Jan 2014
I enjoyed the story, but I don't expect to pay for a book with over 200 grammatical errors in it.

The Alloy of Law: Mistborn: Book Four
The Alloy of Law: Mistborn: Book Four
Price: 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could unread it!, 18 Feb 2013
It's my own fault really.

Normally I would have downloaded the sample chapter first, but I had just read Elantris followed by the first three Mistborn books back to back, and having enjoyed them very much I thought I was in safe hands.

I can only describe the shock and disappointment of "The Alloy of Law : Mistborn 4" as akin to buying the sequel to Lord of the Rings only to find that Gandalf has thrown away his staff and is packing a double barrel shotgun.

The entire book from start to finish (yes, I'm stupid enough to keep reading while hoping it will get better), is more of a poor man's western then an epic fantasy. I really wish I hadn't read it because for me it has tainted the magical world so carefully crafted in the first three volumes.

If like me you don't like guns, don't read this.

SLX Gold digiTop Amplified High Performance Indoor Aerial for TV (UHF/Freeview), FM Radio, DAB Radio, Wideband
Offered by cherrypickelectronics
Price: 16.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Refund required !, 4 Nov 2009
Unable to get any picture improvement at all with the "SLX gold" and have reverted to using an old unamplified loop aerial which can at least pick up most channels. How this managed to get 96% in testing is a mystery.

ViewSonic VX2255wmb - LCD display - TFT - 22" - widescreen - 1680 x 1050 - 280 cd/m2 - 700:1 - 3 ms - 0.282 mm - DVI-D, VGA - speakers - premium glossy piano-black

1.0 out of 5 stars Give this one a miss, 28 May 2008
Don't get me wrong I like ViewSonic flat panels (I've purchased over 60 of them in the last fwew months for work), but the VX2255WMB was for my own use at home and is not one I'll be buying again.

a) After only a month the DVI connection has failed completely and now I can only use the screen by connecting a VGS cable and switching to analogue mode.

b) Images from the integrated webcam were of such poor quality they were unusable (reminded me of webcams from 5 or 6 years ago).

c) The shiny black piano finish is achieved by using such a soft plastic that the sheath over the stand's height adjustment actually flexes making an irritating clicking noise if the desk beneath it moves in the slightest (eg when typing!).

d) ViewSonic support have none of these in stock for replacement so I gave up waiting and bought a nice VX2240w instead (told you I usually like ViewSonic).

If they ever manage to get me a replacement for my faulty VX2255wmb I'm going to dump it on Ebay.

Aerial [VINYL]
Aerial [VINYL]

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, truly awful, 8 Feb 2006
This review is from: Aerial [VINYL] (Vinyl)
As a long time fan of Kate Bush I was so disappointed with this album it becomes the first I have thrown away for many many years.
This depressing offering in a whining strained voiced will only appeal to the tiny minority of listeners who actually like lyrics about washing machines and the monotonous drone of pi being recited.
Definitely one to avoid.