Profile for Fishman > Reviews

Content by Fishman

Fishman

Page: 1 | 2
BOGOF 15" Large Easy Fill Hanging Basket (= 2 baskets)
BOGOF 15" Large Easy Fill Hanging Basket (= 2 baskets)
Offered by YouGarden

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use, 28 Mar 2014
The flat bottom allows the basket to sit firmly during filling, so no need for a bucket. The snap in panels are really easy to fit and plants are saved from the usual damage caused by feeding through small holes. The chains are easy to install and remove.
Spare panels are supplied. Great product. Great value. I'm going to recycle my old wire baskets.
Well packaged and prompt delivery.

Silverline 675182 Mini Spade Round Nose 500mm
Silverline 675182 Mini Spade Round Nose 500mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrist saver, 28 Mar 2014
I have an arthritic wrist and so using a small trowel in heavy clay soil causes pain. This small spade is perfect for digging small holes for planting and takes the from the wrist. Outstanding value for money.

Long Life Lamp Company LLLC27SMDCW GU10 5 Watt LED Super Bright PURE White Colour 50 Watt Replacement for Halogen bulb with New SMD Chip Technology 400 lm

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bright white light, 16 Jan 2014
I ordered 2 of these bulbs to replace some older LED G10s that are quite dim and yellow. I need 4 and so wanted to check the light quality before ordering a further 2. I'm delighted with the light colour and so have ordered a further 2 bulbs today. I never liked the old halogen 50w bulbs nor the electricity cost. I recommend these if you like pure white light at 5w LED running cost.

Secateurs - Anvil Ratchet
Secateurs - Anvil Ratchet

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves your wrists from strain, 13 Dec 2013
The ratchet mechanism is great, allowing sequential cutting of thicker stems. I've damaged previous secateurs (and my wrists) by trying to cut stems that are too thick and tough, but these ones cope with stems up to 2cm with ease.
I have large hands and these are fine for me.

Kitchen Compost Caddy
Kitchen Compost Caddy

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat and tidy, 13 Dec 2013
Nice and compact, well constructed and easy to clean. Looks good on the worktop unlike some of plastic types that need to be hidden away.

Angel Chime Brass Coloured with 4 Candles
Angel Chime Brass Coloured with 4 Candles
Offered by e.lab.shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks like the original, but is a poor cheap replica., 13 Dec 2013
I recall the original angel chimes from my childhood in the 60s'-70's. These ones are a poor replica, flimsy construction and unstable. The chimes are barely audible and the only similarity with the original is the required fine tuning of the propeller vane to get it to spin properly. The price is cheap and so not worth the hassle of returning it, so will retain.

Live in Tokyo 1999 -Digi-
Live in Tokyo 1999 -Digi-
Offered by collectorsheaven

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget High-Ho Silver Lining!, 21 May 2013
If you like Joe Satriani, Garry Moore, and all the more recent guitar greats, you'll love this. I was aware of the Yardbirds and Jimmy Page connections but never thought to investigate further. Having followed some 'Spotify' prompts I checked this album out and am very pleased with my purchase. There are some great gifted young guitar virtuosos but there are many more great experienced and more diversely talented geniuses of the strings like Jeff Beck. Buy it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2013 12:02 AM GMT

Masterplug Indoor Power TE7-MP 24-Hour/7-Day Programmable Electronic Timer
Masterplug Indoor Power TE7-MP 24-Hour/7-Day Programmable Electronic Timer

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 21 May 2013
Once you've read and understood the instructions this is a good 'timer' and simple to use. I've previously used cheap mechanical timers, but these eventually fail due to friction damage to the switching components, so I thought I'd try the digital types. So far so good. Keep the instructions though if you want to re-programme.

100w Aquarium Fish Tank Heater Submersible Thermostat for Tropical Tank
100w Aquarium Fish Tank Heater Submersible Thermostat for Tropical Tank
Offered by Finest Filters

1.0 out of 5 stars thermostat does not work, 21 May 2013
I purchased this 'cheap' aquarium heater to ensure water changes to my main fish tank were at equal temperatures.
Unfortunately the 'stat' does not work and excessively high temperatures result. I could have returned as faulty except I exceeded the return time frame and considering the low price concluded that I'd keep as a non-thermostat heater and then 'cool' the water to correct temperature.
My advice is to go for a higher price reputable brand.

Bossa Nova - Jazz Masters 53
Bossa Nova - Jazz Masters 53

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool bossanova tunes to groove to., 11 May 2013
Really good value and good mix of popular songs to chill out to. I bought his as I'm new to Jazz and so wanted a cheap new collection.

Page: 1 | 2