Profile for Ben Saunders > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
High Performance Optical Gamer Mouse GM-4600
High Performance Optical Gamer Mouse GM-4600

5.0 out of 5 stars For The price, it's brilliant, 24 Feb. 2009
I had been toying with the idea of a mouse upgrade for a long time and in the end I opted for a laser mouse, oh boy what a mistake, the thing had no dpi change button and it was far to sensitive, I had to lift the mouse at least an inch off the mat before it stopped moving the pointer! (very annying when playing an fps)

So being dissapointed with laser I decided to go back to trusty old optical and came across this, the Trust GM-4600 and what a decision, it's large enough for those tricky head shots and small enough to fit in my laptop bag and with up to 2000dpi, it's more accurate than an unreal veteran. Other things worth knowing is that it has three programable butons which can be used as key-stroke commands in games and it has several dpi modes: 600dpi,800dpi,1200dpi(my personal fav),1600dpi and 2000dpi(for those who want pin-point accuracy.)which are all colour idicated with the scroll bar when the mode is selected.

Overall a brilliant mouse at an afforable price, however if this is to small for your clumpy hands, mabe microsft mice are for you (but seriously it's far larger and more comfortable than most average mice.) And it's perfect for a spot of laptop gaming.

PC Line PCL-WSO1 Optical Mouse USB PC Mouse, PC / Mac, 2-ways
PC Line PCL-WSO1 Optical Mouse USB PC Mouse, PC / Mac, 2-ways

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap and chearful mouse, 9 Feb. 2009
I've had this for just under 3 years now and it's been really good, for a start it's cheap as chips (£8.99 in Currys) and secondly because of it's 800dpi (dpi= dots per inch) movement resolution (Most cheap optical mice are 400dpi); this means it's a prety good gaming mouse offering great head shot precision and near perfect accuracy.

Other nice features include the scroller; which lights up red as you glide the mouse over the mat, the cable is so thin and light that you hardly even notice it, it'll glide over most surfaces with ease and it's the perfect sise for laptop users who want comfort and portability.

Overal a good surprisingly well made and affordable optical mouse, which although not as pin-point accurate as laser mice is actually more practical, the fact you don't have to raise the thing over an inch off the mat before it stops moving the pointer, somthing very annoying with laser mice juring fps gaming as I have discovered, stick with optical (Do you actually need more movement res than 800dpi?)

Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black
Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black
Offered by savvybuys2

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, 29 Jan. 2009
I Bought these for my old acer laptop to boost the sound and on first impressions they do look prety good and they're even smaller than Idv'e of expected, the sub is small enough to fit undernieth my small desk and creates enough bass for my room and even competes with my yamaha 30Watt sub to an extent, although that said they arent the clearest speakers around so some small e.q tweaks would be advisable, that said though they arent exacly muffled and give quite a nice rounded sound (Not Tinny).

My only real gripes are the fact that the headphone out dos'nt amplify my headphones ( somthing almost all pc speakers do by default)and volume control for head/earphones still needs to be adjusted through the laptop (which outputs only enough power for small earphones, making my big headphones redundant. Also the transformer in the sub is loud when not in use (not a problem if you turn off the mains though, so no worrys for greenies).

Overall good solid sound in a tiny package and for the price you can't really go wrong, but steer clear if you are looking to use them to help power Big headphones and or use as a pre-amp.

Max Value 85 Mbps Home Plug Double Unit Pack
Max Value 85 Mbps Home Plug Double Unit Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for basic broadband internet., 6 Jan. 2009
I have been using a wireless G router for quite some time now and when I go upstairs to access the internet the signal becomes very weak and as a result the speed of the internet is dramatically reduced.

So to overcome this problem I decided to go for these, and oh boy what a difference, I can now use iplayer without having to wait 15mins for the episode to load. So now I have wireless downstairs and ethernet upstairs and all I did was hook one plug into the back of the router's wired outlet and another plug upstairs and into my laptop, no software or huge reels of cable needed, top notch.

All I suggest is that you hould only use these in a small house e.g 3 bedroom as to not suffer from a slow speed connection and also make sure that your house has one ring main and not 2 e.g 1 fuse/switch for downstairs and a seperate one for upstairs.

Nintendo GameCube RGB Scart Cable
Nintendo GameCube RGB Scart Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't even hesitate, just buy it., 19 Dec. 2008
I bought this to replace the cubes included composite cable and the difference was obviously massive, because RGB IS better than composite by far. However this cable is brilliant because there is no iterferance on the picture, even on my 100Hz 32" CRT which is impressive because I once owned a cheapo RGB lead which suffered from interferance and pale colours and this lead is cheap but shows no sighns of it on the screen or through the speakers, anyhow I noticed some of you cable novices want to connect up to a hi-fi, very well, this is what you need: Hama AV selector 100S, Belkin pure AV Blue Series Scart video cable 0.9M and some Hi-Fi cables to link it to your system, like these maybe: Belkin Blue Series PureAV Dual RCA Audio Cable 1.8m.

Bottom line if you use composite your tv is only at 50% of it's real potential, oh and you only get RGB through AV1 on nearly all TV sets, so if the cable makes no difference then you HAVE plugged it into the wrong socket.

Creative EP-830 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Creative EP-830 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect., 11 Dec. 2008
I bought these for my old Zen Vision M and on first impressions they look very impressive, the style is sleek, the build is solid and the cable is easily long enough. But and this is the main problem: the BASS isn't the greatest, it's good and you can hear it also the deep end 'is' visible, but it lacks good old fasioned clout, that said though the overall sound is very good and treble is spot on (not to tinny), mids (vocals and guitar are crisp and well defined and the deep bass stands out fairly well at high volumes.

Bottom line, if your looking for quality sound with clarity above all, then buy these, but if you want more furious bass then these arent for you, invest in some 16mm sony accoustic twin turbo's.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Big improvment over standard Aspire 1654WLMI Battery, 3 Dec. 2008
I bought this to improve battery life on my Acer Aspire 1654WLMI which comes with a low capacity 2000Mah battery, so unsurprisingly with the new 4400Mah battery I now get over twice the battery life and £40 for a decent battery is actualy very good value.

Leather Black Zen Vision:M Case Cover 30gb
Leather Black Zen Vision:M Case Cover 30gb

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not brilliant, 3 Dec. 2008
This case is fine so long as you've got the 30GB Zen, well I say fine but it covers the light up buttons and the dye comes off onto the back of the player staining it. However it is convieniant because it's got a belt clip making it easy to cip onto trausers ect and all you need to do to get to the zen is flip it open. So it's good but with imperfections.

Logic3 USB Game Pad (PC)
Logic3 USB Game Pad (PC)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good until the Dpad falls off!!, 3 Dec. 2008
The Pad itself is fine, it's easy to hold and use, the buttons are nice and responsive and THE DPAD FALLS OFF! because it's not permenantly connected and can easily be uncliped from the pad, I had to superglue it to the pad to stop it from falling off all the time.

Hama SCART to SCART Gold, 1m
Hama SCART to SCART Gold, 1m

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the cable I ordered, 3 Dec. 2008
When I ordered this it told me that the cable was new, which was a blatant lie as there was no pakaging apart from a bit of wire wrapped around it. Also the scart on the picture has moulded plugs, mine has cheapo screw on's and also it was supposed to be properly shieled and it obviously isn't because the lead is only about half the thickness of my Belkin Scart.
However though when I tested the cable the picture was OK and it does support RGB, that said though my belkin lead supplys noticably richer colours (Not by a huge amount though).

But if it was the cable specified it would probably have been as good as my Belkin Don't Order this Buy a belkin Pure AV Scart.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12