Profile for K. RIAZ > Reviews

Content by K. RIAZ

K. RIAZ "ThunderCat" (London)

UFC Personal Trainer - Kinect Required (Xbox 360)
UFC Personal Trainer - Kinect Required (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 12.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to complement current fitness regimen, 4 July 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I waited for this title in anticipation and once it arrived I was not disappointed. Like the previous reviewer I needed something to improve my agility as I already lifted weights and ran a couple times a week.. You do need a bit of space for this to work properly and there were times when the kinect didn't pick up certain reps but I think that was mostly down to poor form from myself...

So was it worth it? Yes! I did a couple of short workouts and was absolutely shattered and aching for a couple of days (probably down to training at 1am on the day I bought it). The body weight workouts made my muscles work differently in ways they were not used to and the variety of exercises was awesome.

The range of moves was impressive and there were times I actually questioned how fit I really was? Benchmarking 100kg on a regular basis and here I was struggling with a bodyweight exercise... What I realised quickly was that I wasn't as flexible as I thought Iwas and lacked quick twitch muscle strength which I'm hoping this will develop and enhance.

If you're like me and exercise on a regular basis but don't have time to attend martial art classes then this is a must! The range of moves and motion is impressive and am very pleased with it -I think it will benefit beginners also as it caters for different fitness levels.

P.s. It helps if your tv is on the wall via an adjustable arm as you can adjust it to maximise floor space.

MENS HEALTH MUSCLE CHOW: More Than a 150 Meals to Feed Your Muscles and Fuel Your Workout
by Gregg Avedon
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource!!, 26 Feb 2008
This book is an excellent collection of recipes and practical information for those serious about their training and making sure they are getting the right nutrition.

Gregg has some sound advice and if you're like me not knowing how to approach the diet in a way that will complement your training and just taking protein shakes, this book is invaluable as it gives some simple and clear advice and the recipes are very easy and taste great!!

The starting point was keeping a food log/diary and seeing how much usless calories I was consuiming and then replacing these meals with ones from Muscle Chow. Also with the food diary method I tried out carb cycling... The result? I have noticed that I am training harder and for longer and the protein shakes supplement my diet as opposed to being meals in themselves.

Great book

Remington F5 Titanium Series F510 Foil Shaver
Remington F5 Titanium Series F510 Foil Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shaver! great Price!, 20 Jun 2007
Having never used an electric shaver before, I didn't want to splash out on an expensive model and then find I never use it.

So after extensive research I opted for one which seemed to be value for money (best time to buy is around Father's Day as they seem to drop in price significantly). I didn't like the way the Philips looked.. and thought this model seemed to have good functionality and looks.

I was very very sceptical.. having a fairly tough beard, I didn't think an electric shaver would get anywhere close as a wet shave.. however, I was astonished with the F510.

It was very close.. ok, not as close as a wet shave (I would give it a 8.5/9 out of 10 when compared to a wet shave) but good enough for work and the weekend... Plus being a novice at this electric shaving I'm sure it will get better.

I don't think I would use an electric shaver all the time (tempting that it is!!) because I still enjoy a wet shave and will alternate between the two depending on time.

However, in terms of convenience this model seems to be excellent and I would highly recommend it.