Profile for Maria Roegiers > Reviews

Content by Maria Roegiers

Maria Roegiers

Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis & Treatment: What You Can Do to Get Better, How Your Doctor Can  Help You
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis & Treatment: What You Can Do to Get Better, How Your Doctor Can Help You
by Andrew Hall, Ph.D. Cutler

4.0 out of 5 stars Amalgam Illness review, 7 Jan. 2013
Andrew Hall really knows what he is talking about and he knows what or who he is up against. Sometimes he gets carried away by his indignation (been there too but it is a bit distracting) but he really does give invaluable information that I haven't found anywhere else. For instance, I now understand why I can't eat certain food, apart from food that is obviously bad for my digestive system like dairy. It isn't a 'proper' book and that is a bit of a thumbs down, considering the price.

by Brené Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Brené Brown's Daring Greatly, 7 Jan. 2013
I saw her TED-talks and simply had to buy her latest book.
She is candid, thorough and funny and this is a book I shall go back to many, many times.
A very courageous woman indeed.

Sheng Zhen Wuji Yuan Gong: QI Gong of Unconditional Love a Return to Oneness
Sheng Zhen Wuji Yuan Gong: QI Gong of Unconditional Love a Return to Oneness
by Li Jun Feng

4.0 out of 5 stars Qi Gong of Unconditional Love review, 7 Jan. 2013
Good book, nice photo's, a lot of different exercises. You do need the DVD to go along with the book if you want to teach yourself this Qi Gong.
It would be a good idea if they came in one package (book and DVD)
Some of the exercises have been renamed in a newer edition, which I think is a big plus.
I think Li JunFeng is a great guy.

Reishi Mushroom: Herb of Spiritual Potency and Medical Wonder
Reishi Mushroom: Herb of Spiritual Potency and Medical Wonder
by Terry Willard

2.0 out of 5 stars Reishi Mushroom by Terry Willard, 24 Nov. 2012
I never checked how long ago this book was written and it is an oldie. By that I mean that there is no relevant information in it that I couldn't also have found on the internet. I was looking for more in depth info and I would also have loved to read about the author's personal use of reishi, he is quite vague about that.

Gut and Psychology Syndrome: Natural Treatment for Autism, ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Depression, Schizophrenia
by Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride

3.0 out of 5 stars GAPS, 12 Oct. 2012
This book contains a lot of wisdom as far as the importance of the gut and its influence on health, both physical and mental, is concerned.
I do not have any of the ailments dr. Campbell talks about; I do have ME, leaky gut and IBS and trying her diet was not a good idea. Taking fermented cod liver oil wasn't either. It took my severely upset stomach and bowels two weeks to settle back to relative calm.
I have never eaten much meat and after a couple of days on dr. Campbell's diet I just couldn't swallow it anymore.
People who are on a diet that is high in sugar and carbohydrates will probably benefit a lot from her sound advice, but I wasn't to begin with.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2013 10:56 AM GMT

Love and Fatigue in America
Love and Fatigue in America
by Roger King

4.0 out of 5 stars Reviewing Love and Fatigue in America., 6 July 2012
Fast delivery.
This book was part of an order of 3 books and they were all shipped from different places, which made the shipping fare very high and it is not ecological as well.
The book is very good; being ill with CFS myself I wished I had some of King's dry humor!