Profile for philbeck10 > Reviews

Content by philbeck10

philbeck10

Perixx PERIBOARD-805, Bluetooth Foldable Keyboard - 145x92x16mm Pocket Size - Compatible with iPad, iPad Mini, Nexus, Galaxy Tab, S3, Note - Silent X Type Scissor Keys - On/Off Switch - US English Layout
Offered by Perixx UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect component for travelling, 7 July 2014
Ideal for carrying with you whilst travelling. Folds very compactly and works very well with all devices I've tried it with (Android tablet, Android phone, iPhone). Ideal for long periods of writing, much easier than using a phone keyboard, especially if it's a lengthy document in progress.

ASUS Google Nexus 7 7-inch Tablet (2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC)
ASUS Google Nexus 7 7-inch Tablet (2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC)
Offered by Executivez

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 2 Jan. 2014
Fantastic product, absolutely well worth the outlay. As far as Android tablets go, this has to be a front runner. In my opinion, a far better option than what Samsung offer, which I was surprised about as I have the Galaxy S4 phone and have done for 8 months, and I'm still in love with it. The Nexus offers far better spec than Samsung, with a much sharper screen resolution and more powerful processors. Not the cheapest tablet on the market but for hardware, well worth the extra.
In my eyes, its main competitor was the Kindle HDX, which retails a bit cheaper than the Nexus, but I'm glad I plumped for this due to the restricted app market.
Great product, go and get one!

Monsters University [DVD]
Monsters University [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Goodman
Offered by Sent2u

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Monsters University [DVD] (DVD)
Another corker from Disney Pixar. Very enjoyable for children and adults alike. Not quite as good as the first one in my opinion but not many will be!

FoneM8® - New 2013 Google Nexus 7 II 2 Screen Protector (PACK OF 3) Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth And Application Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 Jan. 2014
As far as screen protectors go, these are brilliant. I've had many protectors in the past for various phones and they always seem a bit too fiddly, and leave a couple of bubbles. Not with these! Maybe its because it's for a much larger screen so not as fiddly but the first application was so much easier than I've used before. No problems whatsoever, great product... Especially for the price. Definitely recommended.

Batman: Arkham Origins (PC DVD)
Batman: Arkham Origins (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars EDIT Is there an echo?, 9 Nov. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
(Edited review - 10/11/13:)

IT WORKS!
I tried it again this morning and it said Activation Successful. Steam finally pulled their fingers out. Good luck to everyone...

______________________________________________
(Original review - 09/11/13:)

I've had the exact same error message as everyone else, not available in this country (UK).

I submitted a query to Steam Support and got a very non-specific sounding reply: that it is not available in my territory and that I should return it for a full refund.

Clearly I'm not the only one with this problem, hence all the previous reviews, but Steam appear to be unaware, otherwise I'm sure I'd have received a reply stating the 'ongoing issues that are being looked into' etc.
I don't think it's Amazon at fault, but I'm not all too bothered who is: this is a massive cock up.

P.S Rated 1 star for the issues, I'm hoping the game itself is better than 1 star when I finally get to play it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2013 11:05 AM GMT

Assassin's Creed - Directors Cut Edition (PC DVD)
Assassin's Creed - Directors Cut Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by John Seth Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but quite repetitive, 29 Sept. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Very good game, difficult in some bits (which is good, always look to a challenge), but each district in each city is rather repetitive i.e. Saving citizens is all the same, finding viewpoints is all the same, assassinating targets is pretty much the same.
Also freezes/crashes every now and then. I don't know if that's anything to do with an old game on a new machine, but its quite annoying.
Overall, its a very good game, a nice start to a fantastic series, and the price cannot be sniffed at.