Profile for sonofdubya > Reviews

Algorithmic Puzzles
Algorithmic Puzzles
by Anany Levitin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good maths puzzles, could be better, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Algorithmic Puzzles (Paperback)
Good variety of maths related puzzles, I bought the paper copy so cannot comment on the kindle version. Beware though, the reason I'm writing this review is to warn others that some of the puzzles presume prior knowledge of their type and/or are very poorly worded/illustrated (The Moscow Puzzles: 359 Mathematical Recreations (Math & Logic Puzzles) is better quality). I haven't finished this book yet, but have found at least one mistake in the answers section(kings reach part b - see tutorial section square build up algorithm).

Assassin's Creed Revelations (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (Xbox 360)
Offered by AllGoodDealz

2.0 out of 5 stars AC 2.75, 2 April 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Anyone buying this as a single player game should think carefully, note I don't do on-line multi-player since call of duty put me off that. I would recommend you rent it first, as I should have done. This is without doubt the very worst assassins creed yet, it has been heavily dumbed down to say the least, it also feels very rushed/unpolished too. The additional bits I enjoyed from the last two are sadly gone; No fiendish puzzles courtesy of the glyphs, and no cleverly designed 3d platform puzzles - assassins tombs. Would you enjoy a pseudo RTS mini-game instead? Then welcome to den defence, the only issue is that as far as RTS goes it's really poor. I haven't mentioned the fact that a lot of the game is actually recycled from 2 and brotherhood, vis-a-vis the plot and goal of a lot of the sequences were giving me a bad case of deja vu. The sound clips from the crowd were ripped straight from brotherhood i.e. a lot of cheesy italian sounding accents in Istanbul/Constantinople (would you believe it?). Also the single player game (story mode) is very short. Don't get me started on the actual content and the inconsistencies. I brought my copy last week, I'm trading it in tomorrow, I've still got AC2 and Brotherhood, and still enjoy playing them.
Besides what I have mentioned so far, this is not a game for someone who has not played the previous titles in the series. A newcomer will be greeted by a four page paper manual that only gives you the controller details, the story is going to make no sense what so ever. Although there is a more extensive manual that you can read off screen, but who does that? The in game help that there is, is very scant on how to actually play the game, beginners BEWARE!! go elsewhere AC2 is a better choice.

As an after thought I would speculate this game was purely developed to satisfy demand for on-line / multi-player content. It may be good for this purpose, but I somehow doubt it. Public games will probably full of cheats, as much on-line multi-player gaming is (glitch/lag switches, aim-bots, boosting etc,etc,etc).